follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #29
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
It's weird, I've been testing my mileage (km's) per tank and I see little to no difference with driving conservatively vs high revving. So I just choose the latter because this car is way more fun.
I lost 4mpg when I got my new exhaust

I'll be cruising along at 4k RPM just listening.. then go, oh yeah, I have 2 more gears

Quote:
I've heard from some that driving this car daily due to the low torque/high reving is tiring. What are your guys thoughts?
Maybe if you've had a torque happy car in the past. My last 2 cars were SVT Contours, and were crap until 4k RPM, and still marginally slower than a stock BRZ. Sometimes I think the BRZ is slow, until I rev the hell out of it. It pulls nicely. Putzing around town is fun since the down low torque isn't bad either

Quote:
Those guys need to drive a Miata or an RX-8 and then try saying that again...
Drove an RX8 once and it was so weird. Never felt a kick in the butt, but it definitely 'zoomed' I definitely did "not" like it

Last edited by kberkel; 08-22-2014 at 08:39 PM.
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #30
swpbrz

Drives: swp brz limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeveland View Post
I've heard from some that driving this car daily due to the low torque/high reving is tiring. What are your guys thoughts?

That's why the car is fun. They just don't know how to enjoy it. Definitely not for everyone. Its like a car you really enjoy learning how to drive it well. And as your skills improve thing get noticeably smoother and synchronous.

Every time I drive it I'm happy.
swpbrz is offline   Reply With Quote