follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2018, 07:11 AM   #43
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by In4kickz View Post

The bottom line is this is a one of a kind product for this swap. With years of proven performance on the platform and about 1.5 years racing our LS swap FRS, there really aren't any surprises. The EMS with the engine harness is about $2500.

Has anybody used this EMS?

Very interesting, he is saying everything works. I guess it hasn’t been widely used because most people have swapped other LSs, would be cool if someone showed a video of everything working on the car. I’ll add this information to the OP when I get on a computer
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #44
In4kickz

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Very interesting, he is saying everything works. I guess it hasn’t been widely used because most people have swapped other LSs, would be cool if someone showed a video of everything working on the car. I’ll add this information to the OP when I get on a computer

I agree, some video would be awesome! I’ve tried to find some video of it but haven’t found any.
In4kickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:32 AM   #45
Pearl_Brz

Drives: 2013 Brz
Its been over a year with no updates???
My Mrs is still working flawlessly in my 6.2 Brz!

Just about to start a 2JZ swap on a 2017 GT86...
Ive been assured by ECUMASTER that they have the CAN figured out for everything but the cruise control for now...

Any thoughts? New people? New Solutions?
Lets revive this thread as swaps are only becoming more popular!!!

-Pearl Brz

'17 GT86 2JZ Build coming soon!!

Last edited by Pearl_Brz; 12-20-2019 at 05:45 AM.
Pearl_Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pearl_Brz For This Useful Post:
DustinS (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 09:34 AM   #46
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,407 Times in 803 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Brz View Post
Its been over a year with no updates???
My Mrs is still working flawlessly in my 6.2 Brz!

Just about to start a 2JZ swap on a 2017 GT86...
Ive been assured by ECUMASTER that they have the CAN figured out for everything but the cruise control for now...

Any thoughts? New people? New Solutions?
Lets revive this thread as swaps are only becoming more popular!!!

-Pearl Brz
Not a lot going on in the canbus world I don't think.

unfortunately my MRS has caused a CEL from the beginning. No codes, just a continual light, and it goes into limp mode while turning at parking lot speeds. Not big issues, just slight annoyances. I'm interested if it's just my car, or my device.

That being said, switching to a 2jz and I also contacted ECU master. Hoping they are correct and it will just be connecting two of the wires.

Wiring Specialties apparently has a new canbus converter/harness coming out for the LS swap into twins. Interested to see if they come out with a 2jz harness. I am an ecu/harness, and bellhousing away from having it in the car.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #47
all4spl

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post

unfortunately my MRS has caused a CEL from the beginning. No codes, just a continual light, and it goes into limp mode while turning at parking lot speeds. Not big issues, just slight annoyances. I'm interested if it's just my car, or my device.

That being said, switching to a 2jz and I also contacted ECU master. Hoping they are correct and it will just be connecting two of the wires.

Wiring Specialties apparently has a new canbus converter/harness coming out for the LS swap into twins. Interested to see if they come out with a 2jz harness. I am an ecu/harness, and bellhousing away from having it in the car.

where did you hear about wiring specialties?
all4spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #48
DustinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4spl View Post
where did you hear about wiring specialties?
Old 12-20-2019, 03:25 PM   #49
all4spl

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I wonder why nobody is doing anything for 24x...
all4spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #50
DustinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4spl View Post
I wonder why nobody is doing anything for 24x...
More resolution in the crank sensor and newer engine is my guess. Probably just a start, enough interest and they may go to 24x
Old 12-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #51
Pearl_Brz

Drives: 2013 Brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post

Im thinking that CEL might just be an issue with your car/adapter or just a fluke! Who knows... Im happy with mine and its staying with the v8 in my car.

As for the 2JZ Ecumaster setup, ive heard ther same thing for them... Just plug in 2 wires.

As for the Wiring specialties, they are making a cantrolls harness that will basically satisfy the canbus of the car, while using a non canbus ECM such as stock or whatever else.
They told me they wont be offering a swap harness yet specifically for Canbus Ecus, all the harness will have the cantrolls module.

Sorry for my jumbled up paragraphs haha

'17 GT86 2JZ Build coming soon!!
Pearl_Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:17 PM   #52
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Brz View Post
Im thinking that CEL might just be an issue with your car/adapter or just a fluke! Who knows... Im happy with mine and its staying with the v8 in my car.

As for the 2JZ Ecumaster setup, ive heard ther same thing for them... Just plug in 2 wires.

As for the Wiring specialties, they are making a cantrolls harness that will basically satisfy the canbus of the car, while using a non canbus ECM such as stock or whatever else.
They told me they wont be offering a swap harness yet specifically for Canbus Ecus, all the harness will have the cantrolls module.

Sorry for my jumbled up paragraphs haha
well here is the thing when it comes to canbus solutions. or engine swaps in general. Their are so many caveats to how a engine swap will be. What are your requirements, what do you need to work, what engine ecu you will be using for the engine side, what car do you have (push start vs turn key), how much modifications you are willing to do in the wiring. Reason is that even if someone says they can have a full plug and play solution with just two wires (can wires) its impossible. They are some signals for example, on a push button car, that control the power sequence that is not can based. How much modifications to wiring after that point.

So, ECUmaster ive talked to them but no one has confirmed yet if it works. It would still need some physical signals. ive asked them if they have a wiring diagram but they dont. they just said it supports canbus.

So if someone is making a "box" + a wiring harness is usually a easier solution for most people. Similar to what the pure-automotive guys do. I did a system were you replace the old ecu with a solution then rewires everything to the AC1 connector. Helps reduce wiring needed as it uses the stock fuses and relays. But its still limited on what ecu will be running the new engine. Some ecus allow for example Traction control. older ecus might not. etc...