follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 06-08-2015, 10:13 AM   #26349
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Thanks guys and/or gals (can never tell with the internet), this whole experience has been an eye opener - car buying that is.

With regards to owning the car itself, think it finally hit me last evening when I took my friend out for a cruise. Her words as I pulled up to her driveway: "Holy crap, car looks so much better in person! It's so damn sexy!"

Also, I took her to the local hidden twisty. I learned when the brake assist kicks in, scared the crap out of me. Felt the pedal move forward on it's own. Also power-slid around a recommended low speed hairpin.

Yup, I definitely chose the right car/platform as my first sports car.
The Following User Says Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #26350
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
... I wish I could open the "I Like NAICE Butts and I Cannot Lie" thread while at work. It just sits there at the top of the queue everyday taunting me.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #26351
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,046 Times in 8,323 Posts
Mentioned: 676 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thanks guys and/or gals (can never tell with the internet), this whole experience has been an eye opener - car buying that is.

With regards to owning the car itself, think it finally hit me last evening when I took my friend out for a cruise. Her words as I pulled up to her driveway: "Holy crap, car looks so much better in person! It's so damn sexy!"

Also, I took her to the local hidden twisty. I learned when the brake assist kicks in, scared the crap out of me. Felt the pedal move forward on it's own. Also power-slid around a recommended low speed hairpin.

Yup, I definitely chose the right car/platform as my first sports car.
Not sure you gonna be doing break-in (that's whole different can of worm topic) & don't wanna be "father" or "strict member", but I do not recommend driving hard that require brake assist kicking in... specially in twisty. It's a last thing you want, when you buy a new car.

Go to local autox and learn to drive there, it's safer and cheaper. You don't need crazy mod to do autox. You can drive it stock and you'll have a blast time.

Just my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
... I wish I could open the "I Like NAICE Butts and I Cannot Lie" thread while at work. It just sits there at the top of the queue everyday taunting me.
I know what you mean... I can't either

Damn you Giccin (btw, she's good friend of mine). She just like to taunt us all lol
Old 06-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #26352
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Not sure you gonna be doing break-in (that's whole different can of worm topic) & don't wanna be "father" or "strict member", but I do not recommend driving hard that require brake assist kicking in... specially in twisty. It's a last thing you want, when you buy a new car.

Go to local autox and learn to drive there, it's safer and cheaper. You don't need crazy mod to do autox. You can drive it stock and you'll have a blast time.

Just my 2 cents

Hai hai, I'll take it easy for the next 750 miles. No more over 4k RPMs, etc. unless absolute necessary. I do occasionally blip the downshift paddle every so often so I wouldn't be stuck in 6th gear/2k RPMs the whole time while on the highway.

I'll look around for the local track once I get more funds. Thanks for the advice!
The Twins make me smile
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #26353
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I'll look around for the local track once I get more funds. Thanks for the advice!
Track gonna cost you. Go with SCCA Solo/autox.

They usually cost $15 (for first timer) up to $55 for 2 days... well at least for my region anyways. You don't need helmet (they usually rent it out) and doesn't need special stuff, just enjoy the course
Old 06-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #26354
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Track gonna cost you. Go with SCCA Solo/autox.

They usually cost $15 (for first timer) up to $55 for 2 days... well at least for my region anyways. You don't need helmet (they usually rent it out) and doesn't need special stuff, just enjoy the course
Thanks again!

If anyone is interested or care, I switched the insurance policy over to the new car today. Keeping all the numbers the same, monthly shot up by 70 bucks to 237 with discounts intact. Asked for defensive driving course, or any other discounts but I have to be over 50 for those to applicable. >_>

Honestly, I was expecting around 300-350. Still really not that bad considering all factors.
The Twins make me smile
Old 06-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #26355
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

Just my 2 cents

I know what you mean... I can't either

Damn you Giccin (btw, she's good friend of mine). She just like to taunt us all lol
Where the hell is Miss Geekin?

@Giccin WE MISS YOU!!!

Also: Are you a doctor yet?

Also, Also:

Titty Sprinkles.

Because titanium.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #26356
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Where the hell is Miss Geekin?

@Giccin WE MISS YOU!!!

Also: Are you a doctor yet?

Also, Also:

Titty Sprinkles.
Yeah, she graduated this summer!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:32 AM   #26357
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
I learned when the brake assist kicks in, scared the crap out of me. Felt the pedal move forward on it's own.
Me too! I thought that there was something wrong with the car at first. The car obviously thought there was something wrong with my driving...
Old 06-09-2015, 12:34 AM   #26358
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

3 points for US and Japan!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:35 AM   #26359
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

Her words as I pulled up to her driveway: "Holy crap, car looks so much better in person! It's so damn sexy!"
My sainted 83 year old mother came to visit this week. Circumstances left me with no choice but to pick her up at the airport in the FR-S. I wasn't sure if she would ever be able to get out if I had her get in, but she did fine! Also, she thought the car was beautiful. The FR-S worked its magic!!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:49 AM   #26360
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydriver View Post
My sainted 83 year old mother came to visit this week. Circumstances left me with no choice but to pick her up at the airport in the FR-S. I wasn't sure if she would ever be able to get out if I had her get in, but she did fine! Also, she thought the car was beautiful. The FR-S worked its magic!!
Yay moms! My mom loved riding in mine. I used to park it out in front of her living room window so she could admire it.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #26361
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
so I've been in my house for about a month now and no one has complained about my exhaust. it's particularly loud in the am when it first cranked and is idling high.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:38 AM   #26362
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
so I've been in my house for about a month now and no one has complained about my exhaust. it's particularly loud in the am when it first cranked and is idling high.
My car sits right under my neighbours bedroom. When I got it I approached them first and said "I know it is loud and I will keep idle time as low as I can but can't move it too soon since the oil has to start moving" They thanked me for my concern and have never said a word about it since (other than to make fun of how many times I wash it). I figured this was a classic case of the best defense was a strong offense.

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?