follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
AJ PwR

Drives: R35 R56 CZ4A ZC6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to AJ PwR Send a message via AIM to AJ PwR Send a message via MSN to AJ PwR
AJ BRZ at Ridge Motorsports Park ! Take 2 !

Hi Guys,

I have been itching for long time to get back on the track, as you know the Pacific Northwest Region sucks

FYI, here's the thread that I posted from last year so for those that havent read my posts, you will find out where I am coming from

I did my first lapping day for this year on April 6th at Ridge Motorsports Park Shelton, WA. Unfortunately it was pissing rain........ Didn't get any good laptimes and chance to push. I don't have much experience driving on soaking wet , especially RWD lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlKm-htPybk"]AJ BRZ Testing at Ridge Motorsports Park April 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Suspension remains the same from last year. No additional components. The only thing I changed were the tires, I replaced the 235 with 255 R888 SQUARE as well as the alignment !

Specs:
T1R coil-over suspension kit spring rates F.8.k R.6k
T1R Titanium exhaust
Toyo R888 255/35/18
TE37SL 18x9.5 +40
Camber -3 toe 0

So I went again on May 6th ! This time is sunny and the track was warm !

Here's the video !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TTVVSYCLE"]AJ BRZ 2:01 Ridge Motorsports Park May 4th 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

I did a 2:01.6 this time and it is about 1.9s faster than last year. I am happy that I made improvements but not happy cos not good enough ! My goal for this year is 1:57, I will work hard to achieve it !!!!

The car still understeers a bit and there's body roll, I think the shocks aren't stiff enough. I will add some aero to increase down force and stiffer rear springs for the next attempt !!

I am open to any suggestions so if anyone have any suggestions to improve my driving, please POST ! I'd appreciate that

Here's a track pic with my friends NSX !

Thank you for reading !

Ben
AJ PwR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AJ PwR For This Useful Post:
burnt toast (05-31-2013)