follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth issues?

I just bought a Samsung Note 2 and I noticed that it continously drops bluetooth connectivity and back and forth. I got the phone about a month ago and did notice this black message screen come up, but never paid much attention to it. Only noticed it now that I stream a lot of music via bluetooth. Anyone have this issue? If so, any suggestions on a resolution? Before this phone I had a Nokia Lumia 900 and that was rock solid when it comes to connectivity. I'm hoping there's a solution as I really do like this phone for everything else.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Get an FR-S instead. Thank me later.

But seriously, I would just disconnect the phone from the car and the car from the phone. Then totally re-do the process of connecting. Maybe even just reset the phone. I've learned that a lot of times that phones have problems, they just need to be restarted. These new smartphones are built like computers, you need to restart every now and then. I restart my iPhone at least once a week. If that doesn't work, go to wherever you got the phone and see if they can get the same kind of phone to connect. Maybe your Bluetooth is just jittery on this phone. Just my $.02.
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
you aren't plugging it in to charge at the same time are you?

I noticed that if I do this with the iPhone it usually over rides and redirects the signal to the cable instead of the BT connection (switching to the iPod screen on the head unit then plays music)

if I plug in the phone then activate bluetooth, it stays in BT mode as far as the headunit is concerned, but this doesn't really sound like your same issue.

where is the phone when this occurs? in your pocket, under the headunit in the little cubby, in the center console???
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
zoomzoomers

husker: nah I like my BRZ just fine thanks.

Skull: yeah just via the bluetooth. I'm thinking that maybe the Samsung doesn't have a very good bluetooth adaptor. Hope not. I guess I'll just keep trying.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Lumia 920 is rock solid and quick to pair. I also do nothing but listen to streaming BT audio, occasionally a phone call. I guess you're looking for Android/BRZ head specific info though so good luck!
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
I didn't have any issues when I was using a droid. Then I got an iPhone and now every once in a while it thinks I'm on a phone call while it's playing the music, so the speakers cut in and out when it senses someone is talking (singing). Doesn't happen that often though. It's just a mediocre head unit.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
zoomzoomers

Had zero issues with the Nokia Luma 900. It's ever since I changed phones I've noticed this issue. I'm really hoping that I can find a solution as I really like my new phone.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
Z3D

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The bluetooth unit kind of sucks on the stock head unit, but there is a lot of RF interference in the world today.
Z3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #9
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
Had zero issues with the Nokia Luma 900. It's ever since I changed phones I've noticed this issue. I'm really hoping that I can find a solution as I really like my new phone.
Have you found a solution yet for this?

I also have a Note 2 (LOVE IT!).. but the BT connection comes and goes every minute or two.. drives me nuts! Plus everytime it disconnects I lose my call... so I have to hang up and call again. It's terrible!

I did a google search and it seems it is the phone and not the car. Lots of people have trouble with having both bluetooth and wifi on at the same time. So I'll try tomorrow to use it with the wifi turned off and see how it works.

Last edited by eikond; 04-26-2013 at 01:18 AM.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #10
zoomzoomers

Cleared out the bluetooth in the memory and re connected the phone and I haven't had the issue. Hope you find the solution too.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #11
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
Cleared out the bluetooth in the memory and re connected the phone and I haven't had the issue. Hope you find the solution too.
Did you erase the car from the phones memory or the phone from the car's memory? How do you do this? Do you remember? I was looking around today and all I could find was "reset initialization". I don't think that's the right thing to do.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #12
zoomzoomers

From what I recall, I deleted the phone from the car and re initialized.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #13
ASdispatch

Drives: GBM Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had problems until I turned off message access in Advanced Bluetooth menu.
ASdispatch is offline   Reply With Quote