follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 09-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
OwlDance

Drives: Halo 86, '19
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reputable/Trusted Toyota dealerships for service near or around Westchester?

Looking to get the car serviced later this month and possibly diagnose a small grinding noise issue. Anyone got a dealer they recommend for the regular service intervals and potential diagnostics for their car? I'm pretty reluctant to trust most of the dealerships based on personal experience, but being early in the mileage I'd prefer to have their documentation.

I'd consider going to AZP installs but they're over an hour away for myself; most likely next time. On that note, if there are other private shops in the area you recommend I'd like to hear about them as well.
OwlDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:21 PM   #2
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
AZP would be a good top choice. If you need to keep it local Curry Subaru in Cortland Manor has a good master tech but they kind of don't give you the option of requesting a particular guy especially while they are so backed up with recall work on all of the Imprezas they've sold. That said he did a great job on my engine recall work so it might be worth a shot. They also did a good job when they resealed the timing cover on mine a while back. If you do go there talk to Phil, he's one of the service advisers.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #3
Joon525

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
AZP would be a good top choice. If you need to keep it local Curry Subaru in Cortland Manor has a good master tech but they kind of don't give you the option of requesting a particular guy especially while they are so backed up with recall work on all of the Imprezas they've sold. That said he did a great job on my engine recall work so it might be worth a shot. They also did a good job when they resealed the timing cover on mine a while back. If you do go there talk to Phil, he's one of the service advisers.
It looks like the OP has an 86 so I don't think Curry Subaru is going to be able to help him.

OwlDance if you can't find someone closer, AZP is a good option. Besides having an 86 as their own racecar (so they're familiar with the engine/platform) 2 (honestly more like 1.5 I guess) other people there drive the same car daily.
If you do go with them try to be the first person on the schedule that day. When other customers are late it affects everyone behind them and given you're over an hour away you want to try to not be in that situation. (Out of their hands when a customer is late).
Joon525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #4
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joon525 View Post
It looks like the OP has an 86 so I don't think Curry Subaru is going to be able to help him.

OwlDance if you can't find someone closer, AZP is a good option. Besides having an 86 as their own racecar (so they're familiar with the engine/platform) 2 (honestly more like 1.5 I guess) other people there drive the same car daily.
If you do go with them try to be the first person on the schedule that day. When other customers are late it affects everyone behind them and given you're over an hour away you want to try to not be in that situation. (Out of their hands when a customer is late).
I didn't look that closely but yeah AZP would be my choice then.