follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2019, 08:22 PM   #169
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerof86 View Post
Guys,

Does anyone have the manual for stark performance cooler, the installation guide?

Thanks
I guess the above is mostly meant for you, although I replied to @Lonewolf. Either one of you is free to PM me if you have questions. Best of luck.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #170
HSV Guy

Drives: Not a HSV (2017 BRZ)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Not sure how active this thread is but I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to determine the temperature on the automatic transmission fluid via an OBD dongle? I assume not given the talk of people adding temp sensors, but then a couple of people have spoken about rev limiting and/or dash warning lights when they've guessed that ATF is too hot. If the car doesn't have a temp sensor how is it determining there is an issue?

2) Would you recommend a thermostat in a climate (Queensland, Aus) where it is rarely under 20C (70F)? My car is a daily drive but on the track around once a month.

3) I thought I had other questions, but aside from what's in this thread, anything else you'd call out as being good to know?
HSV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #171
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV Guy View Post
Not sure how active this thread is but I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to determine the temperature on the automatic transmission fluid via an OBD dongle? I assume not given the talk of people adding temp sensors, but then a couple of people have spoken about rev limiting and/or dash warning lights when they've guessed that ATF is too hot. If the car doesn't have a temp sensor how is it determining there is an issue?

2) Would you recommend a thermostat in a climate (Queensland, Aus) where it is rarely under 20C (70F)? My car is a daily drive but on the track around once a month.

3) I thought I had other questions, but aside from what's in this thread, anything else you'd call out as being good to know?
1. Yes you can

2. Not needed for a daily, but highly recommended for the track.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote