follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #85
cevin45x
...
 
cevin45x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 18
Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the feedback! I have sti mounts now, along with the sti trans mount and I feel that they are no different from OEM. Wanting something in between cusco/torque solutions and the sti ones since I have all Whiteline bushings on my car. Need something to complete all the bushings I've added.

When you say gummy, are they physically softer (significantly) when they were originally?
With your sti mounts now are they stiffer than the "gummy" perrins?

Thanks
__________________
'13 BRZ Limited - CBS MT
**********************
STX Build - OFT Stage 2 EL 93oct (etune)/TRD intake/HKS EL catless/Motiv OP/Invidia FP catted/Perrin CBE resonated/All complete Whiteline bushings/MTEC trans & clutch springs/Kartboy SS & mount/Perrin 19mm f & 16mm r/Perrin crank & assessory pulleys
cevin45x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #86
Decay107
Turning is for Nerds
 
Decay107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: 35 characters is not enough
Location: PDX
Posts: 1,957
Thanks: 823
Thanked 1,246 Times in 706 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevin45x View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I have sti mounts now, along with the sti trans mount and I feel that they are no different from OEM. Wanting something in between cusco/torque solutions and the sti ones since I have all Whiteline bushings on my car. Need something to complete all the bushings I've added.

When you say gummy, are they physically softer (significantly) when they were originally?
With your sti mounts now are they stiffer than the "gummy" perrins?

Thanks
Both are soft on the side that faces the primary. Also the internal structure has loosened up quite a bit, to the point where I can get some movement with my hand.
The STI are noticeably stiffer than both OEM and gummy Perrins.

Last edited by Decay107; 05-18-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Decay107 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Decay107 For This Useful Post:
cevin45x (05-18-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #87
BRZ RN
Senior Member
 
BRZ RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: Blue BRZ
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 190
Thanks: 64
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Hey guys, want to necro this and point people to a possible, low cost solution.










DIY is here


@PERRIN @PERRIN_Chris
@FT-86 SpeedFactory @Evasive Motorsports @Sportsguy83 @tg_1981 @FrX @brz2013
what did you do here? photobucket messed up
BRZ RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #88
-Phil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: Rb25 neo brz
Location: NJ
Posts: 210
Thanks: 129
Thanked 291 Times in 98 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ RN View Post
what did you do here? photobucket messed up
It's not messed up. photo bucket requires users to pay for hosting as of now.
-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #89
BRZ RN
Senior Member
 
BRZ RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: Blue BRZ
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 190
Thanks: 64
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Phil View Post
It's not messed up. photo bucket requires users to pay for hosting as of now.
a yeah that one. im being tuned by your shop remotely from 20853 MD, any recommendations for engine mounts? thanks.
BRZ RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #90
-Phil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: Rb25 neo brz
Location: NJ
Posts: 210
Thanks: 129
Thanked 291 Times in 98 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ RN View Post
a yeah that one. im being tuned by your shop remotely from 20853 MD, any recommendations for engine mounts? thanks.
I would try and find a set of brz/frs STI mounts, i used those for a long time with no issues.
-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:56 AM   #91
Koa
Sweeper
 
Koa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,876
Thanks: 2,291
Thanked 1,484 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ RN View Post
what did you do here? photobucket messed up
Hey BRZRN my broh,

I took a bit of a hiatus from FT86! My girl is running like I want her and just haven't been active.

I tried to find my photos but they aren't in any of my externals, none of my rigs, and photobucket apparently deleted my account when they made the switch to SaaS. I shoulda listened to their emails going on for months saying they would,



Anyway, Here's the only pic I could find. Shame. I'm a python-crazy data architect and can't find some old pics.. musta.. burned 'em.

ha ha. get it. perrin motor mounts melti- what?!

The general approach in the DIY is the same, though. In a nutshell, cut those inferno guards into a shape that you can wrap around & fasten to the perrin motor mount, underneath the flange. I personally used metal zipties - muffler zips. I looked under momo the other month when I was changing her tranny fluid and them mounts look brand new.

I love perrin's stuff. Chris is a good guy. Haven't steered me wrong in any of my subi builds

Enjoy, have fun, good luck!
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #92
JazzleSAURUS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Location: Western MA
Posts: 1,029
Thanks: 556
Thanked 550 Times in 349 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Hey BRZRN my broh,

I took a bit of a hiatus from FT86! My girl is running like I want her and just haven't been active.

I tried to find my photos but they aren't in any of my externals, none of my rigs, and photobucket apparently deleted my account when they made the switch to SaaS. I shoulda listened to their emails going on for months saying they would,



Anyway, Here's the only pic I could find. Shame. I'm a python-crazy data architect and can't find some old pics.. musta.. burned 'em.

ha ha. get it. perrin motor mounts melti- what?!

The general approach in the DIY is the same, though. In a nutshell, cut those inferno guards into a shape that you can wrap around & fasten to the perrin motor mount, underneath the flange. I personally used metal zipties - muffler zips. I looked under momo the other month when I was changing her tranny fluid and them mounts look brand new.

I love perrin's stuff. Chris is a good guy. Haven't steered me wrong in any of my subi builds

Enjoy, have fun, good luck!
I did STi motor mounts for a local and he actually saw this thread. I made some small plates that sandwich between the motor mount and the subframe with a tab. The sheild folds around the mount on the header side, two pop rivets per side, line with DEI reflect a gold.

Took about a half hour with some spare sheet metal, tin snips, and HF rivet gun.

Iirc he had a SBD kit and the header was not super close to the motor mount, but anything you can do to reflect heat away from rubber/poly mounts, oil, gas, and intake charges is a good idea.
__________________
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
perrin engine mounts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perrin or Cusco Engine Mounts and NVH APS86 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 7 08-04-2018 02:08 AM
Engine Mounts? mrk1 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 17 05-15-2016 04:31 PM
Perrin Engine Mounts and Cusco Catch Can Install and Review @ Pure Automotive Pure Automotive Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 23 05-15-2016 04:21 PM
engine mounts for FI jamesm Forced Induction 19 04-18-2013 08:57 AM
Perrin Engine Mounts and Cusco Catch Can Install and Review @ Pure Automotive Pure Automotive Mid-Atlantic 9 01-31-2013 02:03 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.