follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well it should be there according to the email I got from Jason Patrick

Quote:
Hi Michael

We will have a 2013 BRZ at the dealership on Monday around 5pm. The car is a Pre-production model and cannot be driven.

Please feel free to drop by to check it out in person.

Thanks,
So it's not my fault if they stand us up

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
bladesamurai

Drives: 13 BRZ, 04 SV650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The car will be at Metrowest Subaru around 4pm on Tuesday, 4/10. I just saw the car at Cityside and it looked great!
bladesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
Sovran

Drives: 2013 CBS BRZ-L 6AT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I got a text from someone (still not sure who) at Patrick Subaru telling me the car would be there starting at 5pm for "about 2 hours." I skipped a graduate class and drove 1.5 hours (traffic) from Boston to Shrewsbury to get there within that window. I arrived at 6:15pm and was told that the car had left 5 minutes earlier because "they thought everyone who was going to come had already shown up."

The salespeople were polite about it, and Frank (who I've been working with) seemed genuinely apologetic. They gave me lots of information I already knew from reading this forum, but they couldn't really do anything. I'm sure that the dealership staff don't have complete control over when the car comes and goes. Nonetheless, you'd think they could have tried a tiny bit harder for someone who's put money down on the most expensive (and almost least demanded) BRZ made by the company. At the very least, they knew from my reply text that I was interested, and they clearly know my name, so they should have known that I hadn't arrived yet at 6:15. Would a follow-up text have been too much to ask? They only have 6 pre-orders to keep track of, after all.

I'm in no big hurry to get the car, and there's not a lot of demand for my trim/tranny anyway, so I'm seriously considering giving up my spot in line at Patrick and moving my deposit somewhere else.

All that aside, I look forward to hearing from those of you in MA who managed to see the car today.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: quicker than arghx7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovran View Post
I arrived at 6:15pm and was told that the car had left 5 minutes earlier because "they thought everyone who was going to come had already shown up."
That's really crappy. All this playing hard to get that Subaru is doing is starting to piss me off. Stopping by at a dealership for a scant 75 minutes and teasing people is absurd.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
That sucks Sovran, sorry to hear it. I got some pics I'll put up in a bit. After seeing it all doubts about this being my next car are gone. It really looks great, pictures don't do it justice. It will be at Manchester Subaru Wednesday at 11am and you could probably call other dealerships and ask when it will be there as well.

here are my photos
http://imgur.com/a/MClqR

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.

Last edited by Spaceywilly; 04-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
(K)
They call me..."Ken"...

Drives: '04 Accord V6 MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Updated first post. Left out a few things that I'll bring up another time, I want to go to bed thinking positive things about the car.

Sovran, I'm sorry you had to deal with that, man...that must have sucked royally. If anything, there are going to be plenty of opportunities for you to get in a BRZ. I believe the rep is making his rounds all week. I did ask him about sale dates and he could only confirm "May", just not specifically when.
(K) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovran View Post
I got a text from someone (still not sure who) at Patrick Subaru telling me the car would be there starting at 5pm for "about 2 hours." I skipped a graduate class and drove 1.5 hours (traffic) from Boston to Shrewsbury to get there within that window. I arrived at 6:15pm and was told that the car had left 5 minutes earlier because "they thought everyone who was going to come had already shown up."

The salespeople were polite about it, and Frank (who I've been working with) seemed genuinely apologetic. They gave me lots of information I already knew from reading this forum, but they couldn't really do anything. I'm sure that the dealership staff don't have complete control over when the car comes and goes. Nonetheless, you'd think they could have tried a tiny bit harder for someone who's put money down on the most expensive (and almost least demanded) BRZ made by the company. At the very least, they knew from my reply text that I was interested, and they clearly know my name, so they should have known that I hadn't arrived yet at 6:15. Would a follow-up text have been too much to ask? They only have 6 pre-orders to keep track of, after all.

I'm in no big hurry to get the car, and there's not a lot of demand for my trim/tranny anyway, so I'm seriously considering giving up my spot in line at Patrick and moving my deposit somewhere else.

All that aside, I look forward to hearing from those of you in MA who managed to see the car today.
I was the first one there and about the last one to leave. As I was about to leave I assumed you were the person they were talking about. One of the sale rep's asked the driver to wait for one more person. It's too bad you didn't get to see it though.

For me I now know the extra 2k is worth going for the limited and it just so happened to be the same car I've seen before but at least I got the opportunity to get in it this time.

**Just posted some photos in the BRZ Photo Gallery, so go check them out if anyone is interested.**

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter

Last edited by M-17; 04-10-2012 at 04:47 PM.
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote