follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI


View Poll Results: Which Date should we go driving?
June 7th 9 60.00%
June 14th 4 26.67%
June 21st (HunterGreene will not be there) 2 13.33%
June 28th 8 53.33%
Other (please specify in your post) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #29
J-W
Senior Member
 
J-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Ohio
Posts: 143
Thanks: 89
Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If the date is right, I'll make the trip from the other side of the state!

-Jay
J-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #30
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,192 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Here is the first proposal for the Early Summer route. I tried to make it interesting and include some good roads without making it so long that folks would want to bail early after their long drives to get down there. The route is currently 2 hours and 44 minutes long. I plan on pre-running it before the selected date. Discuss.
This looks like a good loop. I'm assuming your brother's house is at the pin? Since I can't zoom in on the map (there's a way to make this interactive in your post), are there places where we could take a break at some point, maybe a photo op?

Also, you said "first proposal." Do you have reservations about this route?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM   #31
Amcox
Member
 
Amcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, Whiteout
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 78
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
so my 7th just got booked so I am changing my vote to the 28th now.
Amcox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amcox For This Useful Post:
J-W (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #32
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi
 
Rampage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Location: NoFL
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 1,774
Thanked 1,891 Times in 864 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
This looks like a good loop. I'm assuming your brother's house is at the pin? Since I can't zoom in on the map (there's a way to make this interactive in your post), are there places where we could take a break at some point, maybe a photo op?

Also, you said "first proposal." Do you have reservations about this route?
Yes, my brother's house is the pin. It was all I could do to get the map to show the proper route and then get it posted. All my attempts to use Googles embedding process failed therefore you are looking at a photo of the map rather than the actual map. To get to his house you exit I70 on RT83 and go south to RT313. These are nice roads themselves with sweepers and some tight stuff. There is a little diner just south of I70 called the Banana Peel that would be a good rally point if everyone wanted to have lunch at 11am or 12 noon before starting the loop. Or we could just start from my brother's place. His driveway is a nice downhill where you could get a nice photo of all the cars from the top or bottom. There are also areas along the route which include a couple state parks and a couple of restaurants .

The offer of a cook out at the end of the drive still stands. That would give everyone a chance to eat, look at the cars, and get to know each other a little bit.

I do not have any reservations although I did want to include the Car and Driver test loop of RT56/RT374/RT664 but it is further west and including it would stretch the driving time to over 5 hours. I thought that would be too much for those that had a long drive in or out. I also want to run the loop to check road conditions because RT555 was a mess when I was on it a few weeks ago. I want to check the other roads because I do not want us to be dodging potholes or sliding on gravel at 55 MPH. I also said "first proposal" in case anyone else had route ideas.

@HunterGreen If you want to PM an email address to me then I will send the link to the Google map. Maybe you can do a better job with it than I did. It is my first attempt at using it.
__________________
So many modders have more cents than sense!
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rampage For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (04-24-2014), mikalem (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #33
J-W
Senior Member
 
J-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Ohio
Posts: 143
Thanks: 89
Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amcox View Post
so my 7th just got booked so I am changing my vote to the 28th now.
I'm also going for the 28th

-Jay
J-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #34
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,192 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
@HunterGreen If you want to PM an email address to me then I will send the link to the Google map. Maybe you can do a better job with it than I did. It is my first attempt at using it.
I'll give it a shot, PM to be sent shortly.

And I'm good with a 2 hour run, Even I was getting tired of driving on the last section of 555 last time.

So as I see it now, we have 7 votes for the 7th and 7 for the 28th, correct? JW, did you change your vote? As it stands right now, I may have a commitment on the 28th, but I can work around it if its really better for the group.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #35
J-W
Senior Member
 
J-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Ohio
Posts: 143
Thanks: 89
Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
I'll give it a shot, PM to be sent shortly.

And I'm good with a 2 hour run, Even I was getting tired of driving on the last section of 555 last time.

So as I see it now, we have 7 votes for the 7th and 7 for the 28th, correct? JW, did you change your vote? As it stands right now, I may have a commitment on the 28th, but I can work around it if its really better for the group.
No, I hadn't officially declared a vote, but I'm out of town on 7th.

-Jay
J-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #36
ghost86
Member
 
ghost86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Location: Ohio
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Yes, my brother's house is the pin. It was all I could do to get the map to show the proper route and then get it posted. All my attempts to use Googles embedding process failed therefore you are looking at a photo of the map rather than the actual map. To get to his house you exit I70 on RT83 and go south to RT313. These are nice roads themselves with sweepers and some tight stuff. There is a little diner just south of I70 called the Banana Peel that would be a good rally point if everyone wanted to have lunch at 11am or 12 noon before starting the loop. Or we could just start from my brother's place. His driveway is a nice downhill where you could get a nice photo of all the cars from the top or bottom. There are also areas along the route which include a couple state parks and a couple of restaurants .

The offer of a cook out at the end of the drive still stands. That would give everyone a chance to eat, look at the cars, and get to know each other a little bit.

I do not have any reservations although I did want to include the Car and Driver test loop of RT56/RT374/RT664 but it is further west and including it would stretch the driving time to over 5 hours. I thought that would be too much for those that had a long drive in or out. I also want to run the loop to check road conditions because RT555 was a mess when I was on it a few weeks ago. I want to check the other roads because I do not want us to be dodging potholes or sliding on gravel at 55 MPH. I also said "first proposal" in case anyone else had route ideas.

@HunterGreen If you want to PM an email address to me then I will send the link to the Google map. Maybe you can do a better job with it than I did. It is my first attempt at using it.
Was on 555 last weekend, still sucks. Voting 28th.
__________________

2013 Ultramarine FR-S (MT)
ghost86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #37
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi
 
Rampage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Location: NoFL
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 1,774
Thanked 1,891 Times in 864 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost86 View Post
Was on 555 last weekend, still sucks. Voting 28th.
Yeah, we had a couple of "moments" during our last drive on 555 due to the loose gravel at every intersecting road. I want to make sure that a couple of the roads that I have linking sections of the route together but have not yet driven are good.

I voted for the 7th only because I wanted to do it sooner but I am OK with any date except for the 14th.

Here is a video from our recent trip to the Tail of the Dragon maybe it will get you guys in the driving mood. We were on our best behavior due to heavy LEO presence. Little did we know they were busy at the motorcycle/sidecar accident you see at the very end of the clip. There is also an FR-S in the video. The driver is parked and taking pictures as we pass by. The video was done by my brother.
__________________
So many modders have more cents than sense!

Last edited by Rampage; 04-24-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #38
ghost86
Member
 
ghost86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Location: Ohio
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Was on the Dragon/Skyway/Moonshiner the Wednesday and Thursday after you guys left, didn't see an LEO either day. Those roads were pristine.
__________________

2013 Ultramarine FR-S (MT)
ghost86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #39
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,192 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
So....genius me forgot I have a college reunion June 6th-8th, so my original preference on the 7th is shot. I hereby reinforce my vote to the 28th, and withdraw it from the 7th.

Current count of the two leading dates is 8 for the 7th, 7 for the 28th.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #40
microbionic
Senior Member
 
microbionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 248
Thanks: 452
Thanked 146 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I voted for the 28th, but in reality I dont care when it is,...I dont have anything planned for any of the dates..
microbionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #41
Captn_Jack
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I voted for the 7th but am also available on all the dates.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Captn_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:18 AM   #42
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi
 
Rampage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Location: NoFL
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 1,774
Thanked 1,891 Times in 864 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So that means that Amcox, CaptnJack, Huntergreene and I have all voted for the 7th but are either changing to the 28th or can go the 28th. That would put the 28th a ways ahead. I wonder how many others that voted for the 7th are OK with the 28th?
__________________
So many modders have more cents than sense!
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer driving Suberman CANADA 24 01-13-2014 03:27 PM
>>> *Official SOUTHEAST 86 MEGA-MEET Thread* - Huge 86 Car Meet - Prizes - Car show < Circuit Motorsports Southeast 296 12-29-2013 09:23 PM
Come to Ohio! Route 555 driving meet! HunterGreene NY / NJ / CT / PA 0 09-24-2013 08:53 AM
Southeast 86 Orlando Mega Meet!!! L3P47 Southeast 23 06-06-2013 04:28 PM
Southeast Mega 86 Meet Cruise In L3P47 Southeast 55 05-15-2013 11:55 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.