follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 05-10-2019, 02:35 AM   #15
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfedbrz View Post
Libel is telling a publicly posted false statement. You say works Motorsports stoke money from you. That is false. You paid them and then you took them to court. If they stole money from you it would have been criminal and you could have gone after them through that avenue, however, you didn’t so you must realize that your statement “works Motorsports stole from me” is false.
Quote:
Didn’t you ask them to remove the turbo kit because you lost your job and we’re too broke to afford it?
Libel in court is not as cut and dry as you define it being a public false statement. There are so many different paths of defense on whether a statement is truth or privileged, free comment, or opinion as I believe it is in this case. This guy has had legal dealing with works in the past and won, and they seem outwardly to want to silence any references to how Peter Kang dealt with this guy.

Did we see the same post?:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #16
chanklins

Drives: Scion FR-S RS1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
Does Works really have a presence here though? Outside of 2 threads which are really old, there really is not much posted by them or on them here.
Quote:
Libel is telling a publicly posted false statement. You say works Motorsports stoke money from you. That is false. You paid them and then you took them to court. If they stole money from you it would have been criminal and you could have gone after them through that avenue, however, you didn’t so you must realize that your statement “works Motorsports stole from me” is false.
TachyonBomb, looks like Works just created an account on this forum :belly roll:
chanklins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chanklins For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #17
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
Does Works really have a presence here though? Outside of 2 threads which are really old, there really is not much posted by them or on them here.
Well forgot to mention they do have an account, but it's not like they've been doing whatever process is needed to keep it at vendor account or sponsorship status, in fact a lot of vendors tend to let that die out if they do multiple vehicles and skews, it seems alot of good vendors still are sponsoring this site, most of which I still purchase from. However here's their account:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/member.php?u=74887

Last activity on it was 2 days ago at around 5pm so be weary they are definitely looking at your posts
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*

Last edited by FRSBRZGT86FAN; 05-12-2019 at 10:17 PM.
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-12-2019), TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #18
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Valid sponsorship accounts depend on how the forum is ran. Whether it's a monthly/yearly fee, or a one-time fee. Other forums I'm on have 'sponsors' that closed down operations many years ago.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:44 AM   #19
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Didn’t you ask them to remove the turbo kit because you lost your job and we’re too broke to afford it?
Works had my car from July 2017 - July 2018

They first told me that the project would be done in 3 months so around Oct/Nov 2017.

I started telling them I needed my car back in Jan 2018. I kept stating that I need my car back soon because this project went way over schedule.

Every time I would make it clear I that I would like my car back soon, they would give me a new finish date which would always be just around the corner to try to keep stringing me along.

It was clear the game they were playing with making excuses to keep my car longer. So I forced their hand to give me my car back with something they couldn't wiggle out of.

The wiggling they did can be see in many of our email conversations.

No one should accept that sort of conduct out of a shop and then expect you to shift your life around to meet their laggyness. I was told 3 months initially and went into things making accommodations for those first 3 months. But after month 6 or 8 or 10 or 12 life moves on and I needed my car back.

You seem to really be arguing that it is ok for a shop to lie to you over a project timeline over and over again and then have them keep your car for an indefinite amount of time.

Sorry that's not how the real world works and its not how the real world should be expected to work.

Follow what happened here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496
TachyonBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TachyonBomb For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (06-30-2019), soundman98 (05-14-2019), weederr33 (05-14-2019), why? (05-14-2019)