follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
JesseE

Drives: LS Swapped BRZ
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone work at Verizon Wireless?

I need some help, I got a old unlimited plan i'm not giving up...

I want a new Droid Turbo 64gig Ballistic Nylon.

All the idiots on craigslist selling for 600-700$ Which is more than what I can walk into any Verizon store and pay (599.99)

Curious to see if there is any chance to get one for less than 300? They are 249.99 in the store on 2 yr contract but Verizon is apparently being a a-hole to all the unlimited plan people and will not give us 2 yr contract prices on any phones anymore.

Hopefully someone has a loop around, I finally found a "new" lg g3 for my wife on craigslist for 300$. which would of been free at the time on contract through Verizon. Just really annoyed how bad they are screwing people with unlimited who have been with them for 10+ years
JesseE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
Bonks86

Drives: Gt-86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
is it just you on the plan or do you have other "smart" phones on there as well?

Pretty sure you have 2 options:

Buy the phone outright from someone else aka ebay,craigslist, ect and just activate it on your line

Or you can switch your upgrade to another line on your plan... assuming they don't have unlimited data... then buy the phone you want. Activate the new phone on their line, then re-activate their current phone, then call in and activate the new phone on your line. This works like a charm and I have been doing it for 6 years now. Of course it only works because my sister is on the plan and does not have unlimited data.
Bonks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #3
JesseE

Yeah that doesn't work anymore according the multiple Verizon reps I've talked too. I would buy from craigslist, but like I said idiots are trying to get more than new prices...
Old 02-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Well, here's the thing--how much data are you using per month? I understand the desire to keep the "unlimited" data plan, but if you are using less than 2 GB/month (which is the standard plan, I think, not counting multi-line/family plans), then there's no real reason to stick with your old plan if you want a top-of-the-line phone.

Take into account that we are starting to see a wave of "keep your unused data" promotions (t-mobile and AT&T are offering those currently, I think) and it makes "updating" the old plan more appetizing. You can also do some research on what T-Mobile and AT&T is offering and use that as leverage against Verizon. The last thing they want you to do is jump to another carrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #5
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Well, here's the thing--how much data are you using per month? I understand the desire to keep the "unlimited" data plan, but if you are using less than 2 GB/month (which is the standard plan, I think, not counting multi-line/family plans), then there's no real reason to stick with your old plan if you want a top-of-the-line phone.

Take into account that we are starting to see a wave of "keep your unused data" promotions (t-mobile and AT&T are offering those currently, I think) and it makes "updating" the old plan more appetizing. You can also do some research on what T-Mobile and AT&T is offering and use that as leverage against Verizon. The last thing they want you to do is jump to another carrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
Bonks86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE View Post
Yeah that doesn't work anymore according the multiple Verizon reps I've talked too. I would buy from craigslist, but like I said idiots are trying to get more than new prices...

It does work, trust me they are just told to tell you that so people switch back to their "normal" plans. It still works, but no Verizon rep will tell you it does. My Fiance worked there and she asked managers just out of curiosity if it would work. They of course all said no... I did it earlier on last year when I switched from my Droid to an HTC One.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #7
JesseE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post

I've got 4 phones on our family plan use anywhere from 15-20gigs... not to mention switching to a non unlimited plan brings our bill up to $350 from $250...
The Following User Says Thank You to JesseE For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
JesseE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonks86 View Post
It does work, trust me they are just told to tell you that so people switch back to their "normal" plans. It still works, but no Verizon rep will tell you it does. My Fiance worked there and she asked managers just out of curiosity if it would work. They of course all said no... I did it earlier on last year when I switched from my Droid to an HTC One.
Well that's not what Verizon is saying, they said they used to be able to do that but not anymore. Now the upgrade phones has a data package staying with it instead of staying with the line... Also all 4 phones have unlimited and everyone is going to need upgrades at some point so that won't work for us anyway.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #9
Bonks86

Quote:
Well that's not what Verizon is saying, they said they used to be able to do that but not anymore. Now the upgrade phones has a data package staying with it instead of staying with the line... Also all 4 phones have unlimited and everyone is going to need upgrades at some point so that won't work for us anyway.

yea so either you have to buy phones outright or switch upgrade one of them the normal way and it will go to like 2 or 4gb, something like that. Then use that line to upgrade the other 3 and keep them at unlimited data.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #10
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Contact the customer retentions team, if they have one.

I was recently in this situation with AT&T (Like within the last month). The retentions team "grandfathered" my account through the same features while allowing me to upgrade
Old 02-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #11
JesseE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celadrielas View Post
Contact the customer retentions team, if they have one.

I was recently in this situation with AT&T (Like within the last month). The retentions team "grandfathered" my account through the same features while allowing me to upgrade
I did try that as well, they are hard set on getting rid of everyone with unlimited :-(
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseE For This Useful Post:
Celadrielas (02-02-2015), SOAZ (02-03-2015)
Old 02-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
SOAZ

Drives: pinto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I did try that as well, they are hard set on getting rid of everyone with unlimited :-(
I've had the same experience. Also, occasionally seeing a friend or two a year post "Damnit, they took my unlimited data away!" (For one reason or another) always makes me just realize I am going to be buying any new phones off of Craigslist for the foreseeable future.
SOAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #13
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAZ View Post
I've had the same experience. Also, occasionally seeing a friend or two a year post "Damnit, they took my unlimited data away!" (For one reason or another) always makes me just realize I am going to be buying any new phones off of Craigslist for the foreseeable future.
It's because they view us as a potential loss. Good guy business reminds us he's not a charity.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:35 PM   #14
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I'm not sure about Verizon but I used to working for AT&T and we were able to "grandfather" data plans for customers but there was a few things we had to review. Account balance /payment history. Accounts had 5 tiers which went off that info (5 being the best and makes the company the most money) if it was 3 or below we'd rarely do it unless it got escalated. If 4/5 we'd have to transfer retention who will do anything you ask haha. Let them know if they're unable to do it you'll cancel the account since you have a family account I'm sure they'll get you to retention. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote