follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #29
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Is the racer x intake manifold a new piece?
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #30
fika84

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
Is the racer x intake manifold a new piece?
Yes.. Looks like they started the discovery a while ago and are just now making prototypes and testing it in hopes for NA gains. If they get gains they'll manufacture it if there's enough interest.
fika84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #31
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
I do want the revolution intake going to hard to part with that kind of money for an intake tube. Its basically like the Vararam intake I have on my C5 that was only ~$300.
Parts for our cars aint cheap . Sucks tho. I will be getting the revo intake. I am purchasing the grams throttle body to pair up with the intake. I will be selling my oft for ecutek. I want to believe I'll be able to push 220whp something on e85
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. BRZ For This Useful Post:
fika84 (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #32
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. BRZ View Post
Parts for our cars aint cheap . Sucks tho. I will be getting the revo intake. I am purchasing the grams throttle body to pair up with the intake. I will be selling my oft for ecutek. I want to believe I'll be able to push 220whp something on e85

Yeah we will be both spending a lot for NA power but its worth it to stay light for me. I was thinking of contacting Zach at DT to see if they have experience tuning the Revo intake before purchasing, since they did my tune for ACE headers on Ecutek.

No E85 nearby so im stuck with 93
SuperTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #33
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Garage
Quote:
Yeah we will be both spending a lot for NA power but its worth it to stay light for me. I was thinking of contacting Zach at DT to see if they have experience tuning the Revo intake before purchasing, since they did my tune for ACE headers on Ecutek.

No E85 nearby so im stuck with 93
That's who i planned on going with, i believe they have the most experience with our cars. When summer comes around, I should have the car down to low 2300lbs. That sucks man, here in Oklahoma city, almost every gas station has e85.
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #34
SuperTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. BRZ View Post

That's who i planned on going with, i believe they have the most experience with our cars. When summer comes around, I should have the car down to low 2300lbs. That sucks man, here in Oklahoma city, almost every gas station has e85.

Yeah im at 2375 right now. I think I can only get to 2350 without stripping the interior.
Planned this spring Dry carbon Fenders -7, MPH Dry carbon hood -8, lightening dash beam -5lbs, Sound Deading behind dash -5lbs.

Hoping by summer either the ram air intakes or intake manifolds have some clarity on results/tune by then
Old 01-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #35
fika84

Garage
Quote:
Yeah im at 2375 right now. I think I can only get to 2350 without stripping the interior.
Planned this spring Dry carbon Fenders -7, MPH Dry carbon hood -8, lightening dash beam -5lbs, Sound Deading behind dash -5lbs.

Hoping by summer either the ram air intakes or intake manifolds have some clarity on results/tune by then
All of us on this thread are probably hunting for NA fun! I just stripped the ENTIRE interior along with bypassing ABS and disabling PS. I have a spare motor in the garage that I want to build for full NA potential. Cage has to come first for harnesses, but motor will be coming after that hopefully!
The Following User Says Thank You to fika84 For This Useful Post:
Shark_Bait88 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #36
SuperTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fika84 View Post
All of us on this thread are probably hunting for NA fun! I just stripped the ENTIRE interior along with bypassing ABS and disabling PS. I have a spare motor in the garage that I want to build for full NA potential. Cage has to come first for harnesses, but motor will be coming after that hopefully!

I was thinking of doing the Chase Bays Brake Booster Delete along with ABS removal. Main concern is with the computers and traction control will that stuff act up/throw codes ect.? 50lbs off the heaviest part of the car (DR/FR) would be amazing!

I saw someone on here updated to a manual steering shaft that would take a lot of weight off the same area as well. I mean the Alfa Romeo 4C (current dream car) has manual steering why cant we?
Old 01-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #37
fika84

Garage
Quote:
I was thinking of doing the Chase Bays Brake Booster Delete along with ABS removal. Main concern is with the computers and traction control will that stuff act up/throw codes ect.? 50lbs off the heaviest part of the car (DR/FR) would be amazing!

I saw someone on here updated to a manual steering shaft that would take a lot of weight off the same area as well. I mean the Alfa Romeo 4C (current dream car) has manual steering why cant we?
I didn't find a way to remove the entire ABS system since the VSC is built into it. Everything I tried was throwing engine codes. Sucks that they're intertwined like that. I ended up leaving it plugged in and just physically bypassing it with tees.

For the PS, I removed the motor under the dash and 3D printed a cover for it so that it is sealed. That motor weighs a good amount Then there is a 3 plug connector that needs all 3 wires connected so that it doesn't make weird relay noises.

No check engine lights, no odd issues. Just be aware if you take the steering wheel off that you keep track of the steering angle sensor.. I put it back on 180 degrees off the first time and the car was freaking out as it thought I was turning when I was going straight!
Old 01-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #38
SuperTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fika84 View Post
I didn't find a way to remove the entire ABS system since the VSC is built into it. Everything I tried was throwing engine codes. Sucks that they're intertwined like that. I ended up leaving it plugged in and just physically bypassing it with tees.

For the PS, I removed the motor under the dash and 3D printed a cover for it so that it is sealed. That motor weighs a good amount Then there is a 3 plug connector that needs all 3 wires connected so that it doesn't make weird relay noises.

No check engine lights, no odd issues. Just be aware if you take the steering wheel off that you keep track of the steering angle sensor.. I put it back on 180 degrees off the first time and the car was freaking out as it thought I was turning when I was going straight!

Interested in any pics of what you did with the ABS. If they box and equipment is still there then you didn't loose any weight?

So you can remove the PS motor and still keep the stock steering shaft? That would be better than a manual shaft conversion because you could always put the motor back in if it sucks.

Already changed out the steering wheel made sure to keep everything intact
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperTom For This Useful Post:
fika84 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #39
fika84

Garage
Quote:
Interested in any pics of what you did with the ABS. If they box and equipment is still there then you didn't loose any weight?

So you can remove the PS motor and still keep the stock steering shaft? That would be better than a manual shaft conversion because you could always put the motor back in if it sucks.

Already changed out the steering wheel made sure to keep everything intact
Didn't lose any weight on the ABS, no. Also not the prettiest thing since I had to put the entire unit back in!

The power steering motor is 5lb 3.8oz! The car knows it's missing, so it shows the steering wheel with exclamation point light in red, but it doesn't cause any issues. I would assume that whatever column you were to put in would also cause the same thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to fika84 For This Useful Post:
SuperTom (01-04-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #40
WC-BRZ

Drives: Black BRZ
Quote:

SuperTom: do you have a build thread? Really interested in your weight loss journey. Thanks
WC-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #41
PuslarBrrrz

Drives: 2013 BRZ
From RacerX FB "Working on prototypes 2, 3 and 4 of our FR-S / BRZ / GT86 intake manifold. For more info check our website."

PuslarBrrrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PuslarBrrrz For This Useful Post:
fika84 (01-07-2019), Lantanafrs2 (01-05-2019), SuperTom (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #42
SuperTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC-BRZ View Post
SuperTom: do you have a build thread? Really interested in your weight loss journey. Thanks
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118243