follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-25-2019, 05:36 AM   #239
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
I'm able to change maps while the car is running, even in motion.

Cruise control stalk
That's no what he was asking, see my response above

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
DaveB.inVa (05-26-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #240
Razorlor

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited, Perf Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
issues with flex fuel kit

Purchased a kit back in June of last year and had issues with my ethanol content dropping to 0 around 2700-3500 rpm, went back and forth over email for several weeks trying to figure out what the issue was. We were never able to find a solution and since it was winter I just said screw it and ran pump gas.

Well now that the weather is getting nice again, I decided to get in touch again and see what other ideas they may have. I was sent a replacement sensor as that was thought to be the issue. I was sent the incorrect sensor (a mark II sensor). They did manage to get me the correct sensor a couple of days later, so no big deal. I replaced the sensor and still have the exact same issue.

The issue I have is, I purchased this kit almost a year ago and haven't gotten it to work correctly.

The change from pump gas to E85 was more noticeable than the header and tune. I really want to run E85, but it's annoying to drive it the way it is.

Last edited by Razorlor; 06-06-2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typos, clarification
Razorlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #241
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
Purchased a kit back in June of last year and had issues with my ethanol content dropping to 0 around 2700-3500 rpm, went back and forth over email for several weeks trying to figure out what the issue was. We were never able to find a solution and since it was winter I just said screw it and ran pump gas.

Well now that the weather is getting nice again, I decided to get in touch again and see what other ideas they may have. I was sent a replacement sensor as that was thought to be the issue. I was sent the incorrect sensor (a mark II sensor). They did manage to get me the correct sensor a couple of days later, so no big deal. I replaced the sensor and still have the exact same issue.

The issue I have is, I purchased this kit almost a year ago and haven't gotten it to work correctly.

The change from pump gas to E85 was more noticeable than the header and tune. I really want to run E85, but it's annoying to drive it the way it is.

Quite an unusual fault.

Can you log the ethanol sensor input volts to ecu. Ie if its evap connect log evap. If its rear 02 lg that. See if sensor input actially changes when you hit that rpm range.

Also compare that to the reading you get via the ethanol guage or blutooth app. Does it drop at same time ?
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:07 PM   #242
Razorlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Quite an unusual fault.

Can you log the ethanol sensor input volts to ecu. Ie if its evap connect log evap. If its rear 02 lg that. See if sensor input actially changes when you hit that rpm range.

Also compare that to the reading you get via the ethanol guage or blutooth app. Does it drop at same time ?
What do you use to view your logs? I've been exporting them into sheets and there has to be something better.

This is the issue I've been running into.

It's such a small time frame, but you can feel the engine hesitate for a second. I doubt the app sample rate is high enough to show a 1-2 ms drop on the signal, much less me being able to see it

Also, I will log that when I get a chance to.

Last edited by Razorlor; 06-06-2019 at 10:23 PM. Reason: fixed image
Old 06-07-2019, 12:36 AM   #243
Mr_Eyo

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Quote:
What do you use to view your logs? I've been exporting them into sheets and there has to be something better.

It's such a small time frame, but you can feel the engine hesitate for a second. I doubt the app sample rate is high enough to show a 1-2 ms drop on the signal, much less me being able to see it

I had the same problem. Culprit was the in tank DW pump coming loose. The fuel feed pressure measured by the FFK was 38-43 psi ( should be ~56 psi). The FFK has a feature where the ethanol content is zeroed if the fuel feed drops below 42 psi.
Mr_Eyo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Eyo For This Useful Post:
Razorlor (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 01:50 AM   #244
Razorlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Eyo View Post
I had the same problem. Culprit was the in tank DW pump coming loose. The fuel feed pressure measured by the FFK was 38-43 psi ( should be ~56 psi). The FFK has a feature where the ethanol content is zeroed if the fuel feed drops below 42 psi.
Is this a thing? I don't have any data on fuel pressure in that log, but I have a stock pump with 10k miles on it.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:19 AM   #245
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Lpad up your logs to

www.datazap.me

Need to see the sensor input volts to see if it corresponds to ethabol content.

If it does its likely sensor or converter box issue. If sensor volts stable then its likely a failsafe in tune being tripped. Like the fuel pressure
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:30 AM   #246
Mr_Eyo

Quote:
Is this a thing? I don't have any data on fuel pressure in that log, but I have a stock pump with 10k miles on it.
Fuel feed pressure is not a PID output by the ECU so it's not logable with Ecutek. The Delicious Bluetooth app on your phone is the only way to see it.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:08 AM   #247
Razorlor

Quote:
Fuel feed pressure is not a PID output by the ECU so it's not logable with Ecutek. The Delicious Bluetooth app on your phone is the only way to see it.
The fuel pressure has never read anything since I installed the kit, is this something the MKI kit can do?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 AM   #248
Mr_Eyo

Quote:
The fuel pressure has never read anything since I installed the kit, is this something the MKI kit can do?
I think so, but I'm not sure. When did you get the kit?
Old 06-14-2019, 03:30 AM   #249
Razorlor

Quote:
I think so, but I'm not sure. When did you get the kit?
June 2018

What irks me is that I emailed them 8 days ago about the new sensor not making any changes and I have yet to get a response. I called them last week as well. They didn't answer and I haven't received a call back.

I'll have some time to log it this weekend, so I will look into logging the input voltage on the rear 02.

Last edited by Razorlor; 06-14-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #250
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Quote:
June 2018

What irks me is that I emailed them 8 days ago about the new sensor not making any changes and I have yet to get a response. I called them last week as well. They didn't answer and I haven't received a call back.

I'll have some time to log it this weekend, so I will look into logging the input voltage on the rear 02.
Hello,

We have extremely busy this year, far more than actually planned, which is good and bad of course, for the obvious reason you noted. I have been working till midnight about three times a week and Saturdays to try and keep up.

Would you mind messaging me so that I can dive into this a bit more and get this sorted.

Regards,
William Knose
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Conman (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #251
Conman

Drives: Red FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
William Knose
I'm currently installing the AEM wide-band Afr gauge. I'm wondering do you want the analog output from gauge wired to the ECU? How exactly should this be wired up so it can be used for the tuning process? OR would it be better to use the stock sensor for tuning and use the Aem not connected to the ecu just as an auxiliary gauge?

Thank you!
-Connor

Last edited by Conman; 06-28-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #252
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
I'm currently installing the AEM wide-band Afr gauge. I'm wondering do you want the analog output from gauge wired to the ECU? How exactly should this be wired up so it can be used for the tuning process? OR would it be better to use the stock sensor for tuning and use the Aem not connected to the ecu just as an auxiliary gauge?

Thank you!
-Connor
Sorry for the delay. We can use the AEM, you would need to hook it into the CPC input. This is located on the ECU.

Cheers,
William
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote