follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #71
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Ok I dont care about the critics the car is perfect as it is now I want to know where do I find the canards or what ever is call the black things in the front bumper?? I am waiting for the realease of the kit from greddy but not the wide just the lips... please, thanks!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #72
RWDRIFT

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombatlion View Post
Ok I dont care about the critics the car is perfect as it is now I want to know where do I find the canards or what ever is call the black things in the front bumper?? I am waiting for the realease of the kit from greddy but not the wide just the lips... please, thanks!!
The cannards come from password jdm

www.passwordjdm.com
RWDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RWDRIFT For This Useful Post:
kombatlion (11-20-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #73
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
it could have anywhere between 300-500 hp and you are saying this? Then some fool says put in a turbo STI motor? Come on, the F20 has already taken to boost better than the old STI motors.

Trollers

beautiful car by the way and functional. track/drift cars do not get slammed.
It was the OP talking about the sti engine. In his own thread. About his own car.

Try to dial it back guys or you will push all of the legit posters away from these forums (eg. crawford) and it will wind up kiddie ft86 chan.
nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #74
Grishbok
Volunteer Fire and Rescue

Drives: Ambulance... sideways.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
just want to point out that "pro" drifting is mainly for style and show, thats how they are awarded points and as a result, the cars are setup primarily for style and show, not nescessarily function.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #75
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
It was the OP talking about the sti engine. In his own thread. About his own car.

Try to dial it back guys or you will push all of the legit posters away from these forums (eg. crawford) and it will wind up kiddie ft86 chan.
Well we do not want to push people away. I stick to saying there is no need to swap in a STI motor in the car. Original poster or not.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #76
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post

Using your logic this car will drift better than

this car. yeah right.

Actually .. the first car you posted .. drifts pretty god damn well. I know the guy

Same car but updated

You're definitely correct though, the 2nd car is much better suited to the sort of shenanigans pictured.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #77
zohare

Drives: '13 Firestorm Base AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombatlion View Post
Greddy has the kit on their site in non wide body form. Not sure if its labeled as the trust kit or non wide body rocketbunny but as far as I know they're taking orders
zohare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zohare For This Useful Post:
kombatlion (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #78
ill roller

Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post
I guess my main problem with you was your attitude toward ride height suddenly precluding a car from being able to drift or do anything track related.

All I'm saying is, I looked at the OP's car for three seconds and could tell it was a show car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
So all that disagree are "trolls"....lol Ok, buddy. I forgot, I'm surrounded by expert drift and track car builders.

Then someone excludes Formula D. as if it's not a Pro series, because they don't like it and talk as if they can do the same thing themselves....And that's a valid argument...lol. Because FD cars are not slammed, it's ok to disregard them..I got it.

/sarcasm
Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishbok View Post
just want to point out that "pro" drifting is mainly for style and show, thats how they are awarded points and as a result, the cars are setup primarily for style and show, not nescessarily function.
Not true at all... Pro drift cars nowadays are all about function.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #79
Grishbok
Volunteer Fire and Rescue

Drives: Ambulance... sideways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
All I'm saying is, I looked at the OP's car for three seconds and could tell it was a show car.

Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.

Not true at all... Pro drift cars nowadays are all about function.
lmao, thats true to an extend, but the main focus is still and always will be on style bro. If you think otherwise, its understandable, but its all geared for show. The better the show, the more people come, the more they get paid. Its that simple. There is no functional need whatsoever to have the extreme body modifications done, or to be so slammed your shooting sparks off the oil pan. Its for show buddy, always has been, always will be. The functional side of it is always a close second.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #80
ill roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishbok View Post
lmao, thats true to an extend, but the main focus is still and always will be on style bro. If you think otherwise, its understandable, but its all geared for show. The better the show, the more people come, the more they get paid. Its that simple. There is no functional need whatsoever to have the extreme body modifications done, or to be so slammed your shooting sparks off the oil pan. Its for show buddy, always has been, always will be. The functional side of it is always a close second.
Nope. That is true in grassroots drifting, it's all about style, but in Formula D the competition is too great for them to do anything with the looks of the car that may make it drive in any way worse. You're right though, there is no need for extreme body modifications or to have sparks shooting off the oil pan, that's why they don't do that stuff. They slap on a generic body kit, give the car a fuckton of reverse rake, vinyl wrap the car with some really ugly scheme, add a million horsepower, and go. The key with Formula D is to make the car eye catching, not even necessarily good looking, and everything on the body needs to be easily replaceable because they constantly hit shit and they don't want the car to look messed up.

The functional side of it is by far a bigger factor... I don't think you know much about drifting.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #81
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
The logical solution isn't always the most fun. Yea, when your car is slammed you have to make a few compromises in the 'handling' department. But you just compensate by driving the car like a madman and having a f#ckton of FUN doing it. This is what i like about grassroots drifting. Just a bunch of people with projects they build themselves and doing what they like.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #82
lukmanaryadi

Drives: GT86 - Hot Lava
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
niceeeee
lukmanaryadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #83
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post

Thanks Captain obvious. Who follows drifting and think that Formula D is the only series?

In other series they are not all slammed either. That is the point. Slammed don't make it more functional or a better drift car, that's the point.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:25 AM   #84
ill roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachivic View Post
The logical solution isn't always the most fun. Yea, when your car is slammed you have to make a few compromises in the 'handling' department. But you just compensate by driving the car like a madman and having a f#ckton of FUN doing it. This is what i like about grassroots drifting. Just a bunch of people with projects they build themselves and doing what they like.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Thanks Captain obvious. Who follows drifting and think that Formula D is the only series?

In other series they are not all slammed either. That is the point. Slammed don't make it more functional or a better drift car, that's the point.
I'm not saying there's a series where all of the cars are slammed, but in formula d there's a handful of low/decent looking cars, in xdc there's a decent amount, in D1 there's a lot... Put all of the cars in all of these series' together, and they still don't even make up a fraction of all the drift cars that exist. The rest of the cars, the grassroots cars, the daily driven drift cars, the ametuer drift cars, they are made up in a large part by low cars, cars that look good, etc.

No one ever said that having it slammed made it more functional or a better drift car, are you slow? What's the point? That the majority of drift cars are low becaust it looks cool? That's exactly my point.