follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #57
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachivic View Post
Maybe in formula D they raise their car but not in japan.

chassis bending awesomeness

His car wasn't slammed..
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #58
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mmmm...okay! You're right sir. I could show you some other pics of slammed pro cars from my HD but i'll pass on this one. You'll probably end up like a parrot saying 'they aren't slammed' over & over again. :happy0180:
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
Mmmm...okay! You're right sir. I could show you some other pics of slammed pro cars from my HD but i'll pass on this one. You'll probably end up like a parrot saying 'they aren't slammed' over & over again. :happy0180:

It's either slammed or it's not bud...
Old 11-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #60
Leepox

Drives: Celica Gen7, '94 Peugeot 106.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
those rear lights are sex
Leepox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #61
ric342
FR-S driver

Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
brilliant
ric342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #62
Hawk77FT

Drives: GTS 86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
it could have anywhere between 300-500 hp and you are saying this? Then some fool says put in a turbo STI motor? Come on, the F20 has already taken to boost better than the old STI motors.

Trollers

beautiful car by the way and functional. track/drift cars do not get slammed.

What are you on mate? 600 hp out of whihc engine? F20 or D-45? F20 will never resists a high boos to reach 500hp without forged internals. This engine has never seen more than a 380hp. 600hp on this car? Yes, but not with D-45 engine that is for sure. Maybe (and I am sure there are few around already) with 2JZ-GTE in its belly, mate! but no one says that this engine would not last.
Hawk77FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
ill roller

Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Amateur drift cars are slammed...that is all.
Yes, as well as all the good looking pro cars.

Quote:
Professional drift cars are slammed too...that's all.

Thank you, and the list could go on and on.

Quote:
Not 95% of them....
I'm talking about 90% of all drift cars... Only a small percentage of drift cars are pro cars, and pro cars in the US suck fat nuts anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post
Just because you see wheel gap does not mean it's "too high"

Just because someone puts a wide over fender on their car does not mean it must be filled in it's absolute entirety.

The canards might be functional, they might just be for aesthetics. I haven't seen any wind tunnel testing results to make a conclusion.

Too high to be a drift car you say?

If the car were racing it would have been built to whatever spec race it would be entering. Stating the obvious. Also, people at least say it looks functional because with the sunken wheels (We're talking millimeters here folks.) it looks closer to what you would find in the world of professional spec racing than the hard parked cars outside of a Starbucks.

Holding such high regard for a "drift" car as if it's some untouchable unique way for a car to be built. You understand the only difference between a road racing car and a drift car is pretty much just the amount of steering angle they get? That and the alignment settings.

By the way , everyone in formula D is allowed to slam their car all they please, but they don't do it because the benefits to lower the car diminish once you get beyond a certain point.

They also don't drift on smooth as glass tracks like you might find in f1 courses and lord knows if there are bumps they will raise their ride height too.

90% of drift cars aren't slammed. See what I did there? I just committed the same logical fallacy you made to support my argument.

This car IS more functional as a street/track/demo car which is what it looks to be.

Using your logic this car will drift better than

this car. yeah right.

Jesus, someone got does not car for my opinion on ride height. Yes, because it has wheel gap it is too high. Yes, if it has enormous overfenders it should fill them, and not with some junky wheels that are a step above rotas. Who cares whether the canards are functional or not, they're ugly, and this is a showcar... That is my opinion, not everyone will agree with me, but such is life.

So you're showing me an ugly 86 drift car, that's cool... You can go out and pick out one of the few ugly high D1 cars and act like all cars that aren't show cars are like that, but you'd be wrong. The fact is, you're defending a show car by talking about function, when there are so many track cars that are out there sitting real low and wide and functioning perfectly fine... Drift cars, race cars, they all can and should be low as far as I'm concerned.

I do understand the difference between a drift car and a road race car considering I've built both, but you're neglecting one of the most important aspects of a drift car, and that's style.

Formula D as a whole sucks, so I don't see why we're talking about that... The entire thing has lost sight of what drifting is all about in the name of making money. There's nothing but high and ugly cars with boring LSX motors. Their courses have like 3 turns in them, and they floor it off the line and then just glide through the course blipping the throttle. There are a few guys still keeping it real in formula d, but not many. If you look at XDC, there was a much higher amount of cool looking cars there for a professional circuit. Even pro drivers in Formula D have stupid low personal drift cars for when they're not doing competitions... So like I said, if this car isn't in formula d, it shouldn't be so high.

I thought they did drift on F1 courses, that might explain the ride height of this show car right? There's no logical fallacy to my statement about 90% of drift cars being slammed, the thing is though, that I'm around drift cars constantly on a grassroots level, and guess what? Almost all of them are real low, and there are a lot of them... You however, are just making a blind statement knowing only what you see about drifting on TV.

I mean really, the car is more functional as a street/track/demo car because its an inch or two too high? Give me a break. It might be more functional for driving at full speed over a speed bump, or for getting that extra .02 seconds out of a lap time at a time attack, but aside from that the car would be exactly the same but more stylish if it were lower.

As for which of your two cars would drift better, one of those has Kawabata at the wheel... Whichever one had him driving it would probably drift better than the one with random american dude at the wheel.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #64
SnapOv3st3r

^Fail..
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #65
RWDRIFT

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I will repeat again. Final suspension adjustments have not been made. We are waiting on new rear camber adjustments arms and toe adjustment bolts to come in and we will pull out the rear camber. Right now it is quite negative.

The car was built as a company showcar to showcase all the new products available to the Scion FRS market. Once the suspension is fully dialed and setup it, it will have a more aggressive stance.
RWDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #66
ebphoto

Drives: FR-S, NA8, S13
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
I'm talking about 90% of all drift cars... Only a small percentage of drift cars are pro cars, and pro cars in the US suck fat nuts anyways.

I do understand the difference between a drift car and a road race car considering I've built both, but you're neglecting one of the most important aspects of a drift car, and that's style.

Formula D as a whole sucks, so I don't see why we're talking about that... The entire thing has lost sight of what drifting is all about in the name of making money. There's nothing but high and ugly cars with boring LSX motors. Their courses have like 3 turns in them, and they floor it off the line and then just glide through the course blipping the throttle. There are a few guys still keeping it real in formula d, but not many. If you look at XDC, there was a much higher amount of cool looking cars there for a professional circuit. Even pro drivers in Formula D have stupid low personal drift cars for when they're not doing competitions... So like I said, if this car isn't in formula d, it shouldn't be so high.
agreed.

Quote:
^Fail..
^Fail.
ebphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #67
xplat

Drives: Nissan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I guess my main problem with you was your attitude toward ride height suddenly precluding a car from being able to drift or do anything track related.

xplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #68
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebphoto View Post
agreed.

^Fail.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #69
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
^Fail..
I think everyone that has read this thread knows that you fail. You can stop trying to troll now; drift cars get slammed, amateur and pro.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #70
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
I think everyone that has read this thread knows that you fail. You can stop trying to troll now; drift cars get slammed, amateur and pro.

So all that disagree are "trolls"....lol Ok, buddy. I forgot, I'm surrounded by expert drift and track car builders.

Then someone excludes Formula D. as if it's not a Pro series, because they don't like it and talk as if they can do the same thing themselves....And that's a valid argument...lol. Because FD cars are not slammed, it's ok to disregard them..I got it.

/sarcasm