follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #2171
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Ditto that.

I've driven red sports/pony cars most of my driving life, and have never gotten stopped by the cops in one. I have had stops and a couple of tickets, but they have always been in the family hauler, usually when I was driving "normally" but at a bit too high a speed.

I did get a ticket once on a motorcycle doing 39 in a 35 (really?!?).

It may be I'm more diligently looking for "hot spots" when driving a hotter car, or that I don't tend to do "really stupid" things in them on busy streets, reserving most of my antics for back country roads or empty stretches of freeway.

According to some driving a top trim Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, etc must be a horrible ordeal of non stop pull overs. Expect to see any in a bright colour followed by at least 3 cruisers and a horde of people trying to race them.
Dadhawk (04-17-2018), OMEN (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 12:43 AM   #2172
OMEN

Drives: Camaro 2017 2SS RedLine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
some of them can be jerks i agree
but most of them are cool, at least from what i see in my country and area
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #2173
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Dude in a Wrangler (!) at Jane and Wilson starts tailgating me at midnight lol. I'm sleepy trying to get home. Drop a couple gears and gave it a go and it was just sad. It looked like he wasn't even accelerating. I gave up and let him tailgate me. Drove nice and slow. I took express and he took collectors, and when I got off express to dvp, guess who came up right behind me again, STILL TAILGATING! Yep, Mr. Wrangler. Didn't even bother. Here I am passing out and he's got mad energy to dart in and out of lanes and tailgate for like a 20 km stretch. Smh
Old 08-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #2174
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Driving back from my lunch break today on a clear stretch of highway, some dude on a Yamaha FZ (couldn't tell the engine size, but definitely an 07 or 09) rode up close behind me, so I moved into the right lane to let him pass. He then paced me and pointed forward to get me to race. There was nobody else around, so I figured why not have a little fun. Downshifted to 5th with a rev match to let him know I was game, then downshifted to fourth and away we went. Kept up with him for the most part, but I think I was just a little ballsier than he was. He would've won in an actual serious race, I'm sure. Still, a bit of mid-day fun to break up the monotony of work.
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #2175
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Why are you posting about participating in street racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbaker View Post
Driving back from my lunch break today on a clear stretch of highway, some dude on a Yamaha FZ (couldn't tell the engine size, but definitely an 07 or 09) rode up close behind me, so I moved into the right lane to let him pass. He then paced me and pointed forward to get me to race. There was nobody else around, so I figured why not have a little fun. Downshifted to 5th with a rev match to let him know I was game, then downshifted to fourth and away we went. Kept up with him for the most part, but I think I was just a little ballsier than he was. He would've won in an actual serious race, I'm sure. Still, a bit of mid-day fun to break up the monotony of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (08-08-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #2176
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Why are you posting about participating in street racing?
Lol isn't the whole point of this thread to share stories about when people asked you to race? Also, what do you think is gonna happen, a cop is gonna read this and give me a ticket? Calm down, deputy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
SuperTom (08-07-2018), TorontoNat (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #2177
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

It says right in the thread title "FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]"

Quote:
Lol isn't the whole point of this thread to share stories about when people asked you to race? Also, what do you think is gonna happen, a cop is gonna read this and give me a ticket? Calm down, deputy.

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 08-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #2178
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Quote:
It says right in the thread title "FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]"
That's the sub-forum title, not the thread title, but I can see how you would be confused. The thread title is ""Come Race Me Bro" Encounters", which is exactly what I posted about. If you're that upset about it, tell the mods to move this thread, which is entirely about street racing or at the very least people attempting to get you to street race, to Off-Topic or whichever sub-forum will make you feel better.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #2179
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

I think you might be the one who is confused. Go take a read about the expectations for threads created within this subforum: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145

Quote:
That's the sub-forum title, not the thread title, but I can see how you would be confused. The thread title is ""Come Race Me Bro" Encounters", which is exactly what I posted about. If you're that upset about it, tell the mods to move this thread, which is entirely about street racing or at the very least people attempting to get you to street race, to Off-Topic or whichever sub-forum will make you feel better.

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
PandaBRZ (08-07-2018), Ultramaroon (08-08-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #2180
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Quote:
I think you might be the one who is confused. Go take a read about the expectations for threads created within this subforum: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145
I didn't make this thread dude. It's like 5+ years old with 100+ pages of people talking about street racing.

Like I said, if that rule is so important to you, PM a mod and ask them to move the thread lol.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #2181
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
I didn't make this thread dude. It's like 5+ years old with 100+ pages of people talking about street racing.

Like I said, if that rule is so important to you, PM a mod and ask them to move the thread lol.
Read the OP. This thread is supposed to be about idiots challenging people to race, not idiots accepting challenges.

Moral of the story: Street racing is dangerous to other people and illegal. Police know how to use the internet, don't drag the rest of us into it by bragging about illegal activity.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
burningjello (08-29-2018), FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-08-2018), PandaBRZ (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #2182
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
then downshifted to fourth and away we went..
For highway pulls from 100 that shouldn't be happening at all in the first pace … 3rd gear is best.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:48 AM   #2183
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
According to some driving a top trim Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, etc must be a horrible ordeal of non stop pull overs. Expect to see any in a bright colour followed by at least 3 cruisers and a horde of people trying to race them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Orange car. Loud(er) exhaust. Never noticed any abnormal attention. It isn't the colour or the sound that attracts attention it is how the car is driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Ditto that.

I've driven red sports/pony cars most of my driving life, and have never gotten stopped by the cops in one. I have had stops and a couple of tickets, but they have always been in the family hauler, usually when I was driving "normally" but at a bit too high a speed.

I did get a ticket once on a motorcycle doing 39 in a 35 (really?!?).

It may be I'm more diligently looking for "hot spots" when driving a hotter car, or that I don't tend to do "really stupid" things in them on busy streets, reserving most of my antics for back country roads or empty stretches of freeway.
Very late response but, it's also the area or jurisdiction in which the car is located.

In my area, a few teens under the age of 16 drove their parents shelby (unlicensed kids mind you) flipped it over into someones yard and sadly all four of them passed away. It really effected the community negatively, there were of course vigils and services and it was sad for everyone involved. The local high school where the kids went even had a memorial made for them. The father who the car was registered to was charged with a bunch of things and is spending some jail time now due to the outcry.

Police and "moms" have have taken issue with sports cars in my area now. In fact a few moms took issue with a legal car show that had a permit and had a very large turnout every year. It takes place in the main street into town the same time every year and they tried very hard to get it banned because it may entice young people to drive aggressively. In the end, the people in charge of the car show made a concession and shortened the length of the show.

Several of my friends and I have been pulled over in sports cars several times on separate occasions since then, every time asking for license insurance, registration and leaving with no ticket and the officer saying he was either checking safety equipment in the car or some other "reason". It may very well be because the cars draw attention to themselves, but it never used to happen this frequently.

I truly believe some jurisdictions target the car community because where they go there are a few bad eggs that have ruined it for literally everyone. We haven't really taken issue with it because we can see why they do it after what happened. But I can assure you before that event we had 0 issues with meet ups and cruising around together, in fact several times we were encouraged to meet up in front of local shopping centers. Imho it's definitely based on police and communities perception of the car community.....
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-08-2018), Spuds (08-08-2018), Tcoat (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #2184
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Read the OP. This thread is supposed to be about idiots challenging people to race, not idiots accepting challenges.
Here is the entire text of the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH05T View Post
Seems like I've been getting alot of "challenges" on the road since I've bought my BRZ, specifically with Camaro drivers. On 2 separate occasions while I was driving on the highway, I've had a guy in a Camaro zoom past me, slow down to be side by side with my car, rev his engine, and then speed off again. Not sure what it is about these kids in Camaros.

Post some of your encounters you've had!
Let me know where it says that this thread is specifically about being challenged and not accepting, cause I don't see it.

Quote:
Moral of the story: Street racing is dangerous to other people and illegal. Police know how to use the internet, don't drag the rest of us into it by bragging about illegal activity.
No doubt, street racing is indeed illegal and dangerous. Not gonna argue that. But the idea that the police might be monitoring this thread to find street racers is ridiculous. I can see it now, the cops at my local precinct taking time out of their day to lurk on forums to spy on those pesky street racers... "WE GOT ONE HERE BOB, QCBAKER CLAIMED HE MADE A HIGHWAY PULL THE OTHER DAY. BOOK 'EM BOYS."

Look, in all seriousness, I could see an argument that the site could be held liable if they were seen to be encouraging it, but they're not. Like I said to the other dude: Calm down, deputy.