follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #71
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgejxu199 View Post
Not to sound rude but I personally don’t care how others get around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well then try for the McLaren. You definitely won't regret it.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #72
cliff

Drives: subaru brz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Uhh, Don't you think it's time to cut the apron strings?
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:56 AM   #73
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,204 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I'd actually vote Lamborghini Urus.

Ticks all the boxes for a daily:
-Practicality (lots of room and haul-stuff-ability)
-Exclusive
-SUV (con?)
-Fast as shit.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #74
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post

-Exclusive
-SUV (con?)
-Fast as shit.
He's already got a GLC63 AMG, so no point.

I think if he was going Lamborghini his best option would either be a Centenario or a Terzo Millennio tbh. Very exclusive, very status.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #75
aimforapex

Drives: car
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok so I’ve come to realise this was clearly NOT the right place to post this as I’ve gotten nothing but people telling me to buy something cheap when that’s not what I was here for. I already own a cheap car which is my BRZ. Does anyone here mind helping me and telling me how to close threads? Thanks
I personally think it is the fact that you are 20 years old. Just starting out in life, there are much that you haven't gone through and understand how life works at the tender age of 20. and to be honest, how money works as well. you haven't made many mistakes, that's why getting a 200,000 dollar car seem as "practical" in your eye.

Many of the folks on here are older and working folks. And to most of us, a BRZ isn't a "cheap" car. I'm sure many of them don't take you seriously because of the aforementioned reasons.

They tell you to get a cheap car, not because of the price. Learning how to earn money, save, lose it and the value of a hard-earned dollar is an extremely important life lesson. and getting your mom to finance a 200k vehicle (which seem ridiculous unless you are a self-made millionaire) isn't the best way to set you up for a brighter future. I'm sure you don't see thing this way because you're still young, but humility goes a long way in life.
aimforapex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aimforapex For This Useful Post:
j3rf (05-17-2019), MuseChaser (05-15-2019), Spuds (05-15-2019), Tcoat (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #76
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
He's already got a GLC63 AMG, so no point.

I think if he was going Lamborghini his best option would either be a Centenario or a Terzo Millennio tbh. Very exclusive, very status.
If he wants super star status and exclusivity, I would suggest he find a Porsche Carerra GT or a Lexus LFA. None of those have the brand cache of a supercar/exotic/Italian brand, but the sound of the V10's they house should more than make up for it.

Imagine...hearing an F1 style V10 howl in the distance, getting louder and higher pitched.....only to suddenly have a double take when its actually a Porsche or Lexus whipping down campus. The gawkers will be stunned at the "normality" of the Porsche and Lexus, but at the same time having an eargasm at the orchestra emitted from said machine(s). Then a McLaren pulls up and no one is noticing, because just prior, they have witnessed first hand the sound of god.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #77
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Again, my quote function isn't working.. anyone else having this problem?

In any case, @georgejxu199 , the OP, wrote the following..

".. And when I say I don’t care how others get around it’s because it doesn’t involve me in any way just like when people here are telling me to buy a car for a professor, like what? I’m here for opinions on the cars I’m likely getting not here to buy someone I care nothing about a new car."

George, if you don't care about other people because "it doesn't involve (you) in any way," or you consider a professor "someone (you) care nothing about," why in the world would you expect us to care about you? You certainly aren't "involved" in our daily lives in any way and, at least so far based upon your posts, our lives certainly aren't enriched in any way by you, so why do you feel you deserve or are owed anything from us?

I think that's the crux of the matter that most of us, fairly kindly to be honest, are trying to communicate to you. In fairness to you, perhaps it's a cultural disconnect. I don't know exactly where you are from, but my guess is that it is a country with a small population of the extremely wealthy and the vast majority of the population living in order to support and enhance the lives of the extremely wealthy. In that scenario, there's pretty much no way for the extremely wealthy to sleep at night with a clear conscience unless they've trained themselves and their children to believe that those "beneath them" are simply not worth caring about. Fortunately, there are large parts of the world where people do NOT function like that, and all people are worth caring about. That is not to say that any system is perfect... all societies have ills, disconnects, and fall short of "doing the right thing."

You do not deserve our advice, you do not deserve an expensive car, you do not deserve an excellent education. No one "deserves" those things. You have the right to have access to and earn those things by being a good person and working hard. NO one deserves anything automatically other than equal opportunity, not even respect. Good things are earned. If you are blessed with a great amount of fortune as you obviously have been, that doesn't mean those that haven't been aren't worth caring about. If you don't care about them, that just means you are an uncaring person. Most caring people don't have much interest in helping those that don't care for or help others.

Welcome to adulthood. I hope you find your way and do some good in this world. You have much to learn.
Leonardo (05-15-2019), soundman98 (05-16-2019), Subsonic (06-11-2019), Tcoat (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #78
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Well, there are plenty of rich kids in the second and third worlds (Soviet and non-aligned) so I'd have to debate against that.

Edit, and this one might need to be one long hard debate if you catch my drift.
1st world 1%ers are a different breed
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HKz For This Useful Post:
Larphraulen (05-17-2019), Spuds (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:25 PM   #79
georgejxu199

Drives: 2012 BRZ prova
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

-Exclusive

-SUV (con?)

-Fast as shit.

Urus is out of my price range that’s over 300k where I live as it’s still brand new. I also don’t like the urus and lamborghini isn’t as appealing to me as others

georgejxu199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:27 PM   #80
georgejxu199

Drives: 2012 BRZ prova
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
If he wants super star status and exclusivity, I would suggest he find a Porsche Carerra GT or a Lexus LFA. None of those have the brand cache of a supercar/exotic/Italian brand, but the sound of the V10's they house should more than make up for it.

Imagine...hearing an F1 style V10 howl in the distance, getting louder and higher pitched.....only to suddenly have a double take when its actually a Porsche or Lexus whipping down campus. The gawkers will be stunned at the "normality" of the Porsche and Lexus, but at the same time having an eargasm at the orchestra emitted from said machine(s). Then a McLaren pulls up and no one is noticing, because just prior, they have witnessed first hand the sound of god.

Those cars are way out of my price range. I don’t think I’ll be able to afford something of that status anytime soon

georgejxu199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:02 PM   #81
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Those cars are way out of my price range. I don’t think I’ll be able to afford something of that status anytime soon

What are you? Some kind of peasant?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 09:12 PM   #82
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This flex of a discussion is still going on?

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (05-15-2019), Tcoat (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #83
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post

I think that's the crux of the matter that most of us, fairly kindly to be honest, are trying to communicate to you. In fairness to you, perhaps it's a cultural disconnect. I don't know exactly where you are from, but my guess is that it is a country with a small population of the extremely wealthy and the vast majority of the population living in order to support and enhance the lives of the extremely wealthy. In that scenario, there's pretty much no way for the extremely wealthy to sleep at night with a clear conscience unless they've trained themselves and their children to believe that those "beneath them" are simply not worth caring about. Fortunately, there are large parts of the world where people do NOT function like that, and all people are worth caring about. That is not to say that any system is perfect... all societies have ills, disconnects, and fall short of "doing the right thing."
I mean, I wasn't try to go that deep lol. My point was you don't really know what a good car is until you've driven a few bad ones. You can't appreciate what you have until you have gone without it. I think the OP will enjoy whatever car he gets more (or even realize how good the BRZ is/was) if he spends some time driving and maintaining a shitbox. Doing it voluntarily is a much better method of figuring that out than "you don't know what you've got till it's gone".

Plus there's the whole 'earning' respect thing as opposed to trying to buy it, but that's just me. But what do I know, I don't have that kind of buying power at my disposal.... Yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #84
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
1st world 1%ers are a different breed
Arguably the same breed everywhere. I wonder if rich kids can be considered a nationality?