follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #43
Vten

Drives: Too heavy
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I didn't swap my BRZ... I added the 15STI
Vten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vten For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 01:45 AM   #44
blackhawkdown

Drives: 2012 WRX, 2003 RSX Type S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
My Honest Opinion

3/4 of the post on this thread are nothing but fanboys justifying why they bought a twin. 3/4 of the people posting here has never even owned a WRX or lived with one to really understand or appreciate its versatility. Test driving a car for a few minutes does not give you a proper assessment of a vehicle. So let me give you guys real life experiences. I have owned a 2003 WRX, 2005 STi, 2001 2.5RS Coupe, and now a 2012 WRX.

So why do I keep buying these WRX and STi? Because it is a powerful car, Turbo AWD, 4 door, practical car. It is a good handling vehicle in its class and price point. There is no other car at its price point that can offer the level of performance and practicality the WRX offers. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse on comparing the the two cars, twin and wrx. My wrx is my daily driver. My home state is Wisconsin. We have 4 seasons in the cheese state. The wrx is practical there. I lived in Tennessee when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell with the 101st. It was practical there. I use my car to haul all my military gear, ruck sacks, tuff boxes, and other misc parts. A lot of service member can relate to this. I currently live in Alaska. 9 months out of the year is winter. The AWD and Blizzaks do wonders up here. 1/2 of the cars in Alaska are Subaru. The WRX offers ample of power while driving on the streets or passing on the highway. The new 268hp WRX should feel like a rocket if you are coming from a BRZ/FRS. The new 6spd is a welcomed change. You will get to enjoy the stiffer chassis and torque vectoring from the new WRX. The new WRX is so much better then the older models like mine. If you had to choose between the two, if practicality is what you want and power, pick the WRX. The BRZ to me is only a vehicle that I would buy if I had a second car. It is an impractical car in my situation to be an only car. I have a wife and a daughter. We travel a lot due to my job.

For all of those guys who think the new STi should of had gotten the new FA20DIT, I think the old EJ257 suits the STi better due to its characteristics. The EJ257 is a brute engine. It fits the STi as it makes lots of torque and have power up top compare to the lower and mid range power of the FA20. The STi has improved so much compare to the last years model. The new STi is still a better buy then the WRX when your comparing performance. You can never build a WRX to be a STi or handle like a STi. The cost of even getting there will exceed the cost of the STi. As an all around car, the WRX is the better buy for your money. If you can afford the extra $8k from a BASE WRX to buy a STi, I recommend the STi. If not, get the WRX.

The new WRX with the FADIT motor is still new and has shown a lot of potential for tuning. The new WRX only downfall is that fuel injectors are gonna be its limit for tuning. The WRX right out of the box can run E85 with just a tune. The fuel injectors are rated at 1500cc but you will probably only get 750cc from it, ask Visconti about this as he posted it in NASIOC with his tunes.

I am on the fence about getting a BRZ or the new STi. The performance of the STi is so addicting. The looks of the BRZ is so alluring. Once I get back from deployment, I can make a better decision base on my limited test drives.
blackhawkdown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackhawkdown For This Useful Post:
menikmati (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #45
jskurucz
Yep!

Drives: 2015 WRX Sti
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Owned a twin...

Now own '15 Sti...

Sti wins on everything besides looks.
jskurucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #46
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskurucz View Post
Owned a twin...

Now own '15 Sti...

Sti wins on everything besides looks.
I would hope so considering it costs 10k more.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
Knickstape (08-10-2014)