follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help:new aftermarket radio and question regarding speakers

Ok so I recently installed the X940BT with the BeatSonic harness. Everything went smoothly and The Beat Sonic even has spare wires comming off of their harness. When I say spare I mean they already made it a 1 into 2 connections for easy wiring. So with that said the three that are spares are:

BLUE--I used the blue for the antenna remote and the spare came in handy when I had to connect the blue wire from the antenna harness.
YELLOW--the spare is unused as of right now (battery power)
RED--the spare is unused as of right now (accessory power)

Here is a picture of the wiring diagram sent with the beat sonic harness.

Now as everyone who has installed an aftermarket head unit knows you dont use a third harness that would normally be used on the OEM headunit.

My question is that I noticed my door speakers do not work like they did when I had the OEM headunit. I used to feel the bass in the doors and now there is nothing. Making me think they are not producing sound. When i go to the fading the speakers I hear are the ones in the dash up front and the two in the back. So diging back into the wiring i noticed there was a red and yellow wire on that third unused harness. Are those wires the door speakers? If not does anyone know what I am missing that those door speakers are not working. When replacing with an aftermarket headunit do those become inoperable?

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by FR-Shadow; 11-04-2012 at 06:55 PM.
FR-Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
FR-Shadow

Ok so i was searching and reading and i guess there is a blue wire remote that controls the amp in the trunk which controls the door speakers, i thought i installed everything right but Ill have to take a second look at that blue wire.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
FR-Shadow

Wow so do I feel stupid. I thought I had the blue wire hooked up but then when I checked my T tap it wasnt taped into the wire. A little splice and replace the T tap and bam door speakers work. hahaha