follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
2Wavy

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RCE Tarmac Zero opinions?

Hey all, I'm looking to upgrade the suspension on my car soon, and I'm looking at various coilovers. The car is my DD but I also do a good amount of autocross and I'm hoping to do some track days soon. I live in SoCal so the roads are for the most part relatively smooth and I don't have to deal with inclement weather really.

Right now I have stock suspension but i'm running 245/40/17 Direzza ZII Star Specs (which seem to be quite a lot of grip for the stock suspension to handle), and I was mainly considering the KW V1 because I want a quality coilover but don't really care too much about damping or camber adjustability. But then I saw the RCE Tarmac Zeros, and it seems like they'd be better for performance driving. I've also considered a bilstein damper and spring setup, but there's just too little clearance between my front wheels and the damper for me to add a couple degrees of camber like I want to.

Does anyone have any input on whether the tarmac zeros would be a good setup for me? Are they relatively comfortable on the street? Are there any other coilovers I should consider at the mid to high 1 thousand price range for my purposes?
2Wavy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coilovers, rce, suspension, tarmac