follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
NowImaBeliever

Drives: '21 Crosstrek, '96 SVX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
'13 GBS BRZ 26k; Two Owners, both Forum Members!

Well the time has come...I've been putting off this post because I knew it wouldn't be easy, but it's time to sell my most prized possession. I have chosen to post the car here first, before Cars.com, Cargurus.com, Craig's List etc. because of the car's history on this forum, and liked the idea that it's next owner would be a member of the site as well. The car was purchased new by Turbowned, one of the senior members of the site. You can read his story here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38504 A couple weeks after he traded it in, I stumbled upon it on Cars.com, took one test drive, and the rest is history. I drove it off the lot of European Motorcars in Middletown, CT on 5/8/15 with 16,122 miles on the odometer. The car has lived in Keene NH ever since. I specifically wanted a GBS for a few reasons, which I laid out in my very first post: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89080

The interior and exterior are in excellent condition, I am extremely obessive-compulsive over this car and probably spend more time cleaning it than I do driving it. Car is garage-kept year-round and only driven on nice dry days. I've only been caught in the rain a couple times, and the car is stored in a weather-tight garage during winters. When I do drive it, I don't make attempts at drifting, slam-shifting, e-brake turns, launches, burnouts, “sending it,” etc. I drive the car in a spirited manner that it was designed for, as well as highway cruising, and I average about 30mpg in mixed driving. I used to drive it to work every day, however, a couple of incidents have kept me from doing so after the first year of ownership:

Incident #1: Someone opened their door onto my driver-side door one month into ownership. I was able to touch up the mark using the OEM Subaru touch-up paint, and the spot is only visible if you really look for it in the right lighting.

Incident #2: Passenger-side door received a half-inch-wide by 5”-tall scuff in a parking lot while I was picking up lunch by a careless shopper. This scuff was professionally repaired by a reputible body shop I have used in the past for my parent's vehicles. I have the paperwork with the details of this.

Incident #3, the last straw: While at work, someone backed into the left front fender and took off. I was never able to determine who it was. The impact dented the front of the fender, which pused the center of the fender out. The fender was replaced with a new OEM fender, and the front bumper was blended and re-finished. Perhaps the biggest pain with the insurance company was the re-application of full frontal paint protection film, on the mirrors, fenders, hood, headlights and front bumper. Eventually the car was transported via flatbed to Driven Perfection in Weymoth, MA, where Turbowned had film applied when the car was new. The new film is more transparent than the original film. While the car was there I had the exterior fully detailed. I have all documentation from this repair.

Long story short, the first year I had the car, it spent quite a bit of time in the body shop. I have all of the documentation for these repairs. Since all of this took place, I now only drive the car to work VERY occasionally, since nothing was done by the dealership about the damage. Otherwise, I take the car out after work and in my spare time to enjoy the characteristics we all know and love about these cars. I have made modifications and changes and along the way, using advice, experience and recommendations from other forums members here. They are as follows:

Performance:

-Apexi high-flow air filter
-Invidia catless resonated center pipe
-Invidia N1 cat-back exhaust
-Kartboy poly exhaust hangers
-Whiteline positive shift kit (Turbowned)
-TRD lowering springs on '16 OEM BRZ struts w/strut mounts.)

Interior:
-JPM Coachworks Italian leather shift boot w/red stitching
-JPM Coachworks leather cluster visor w/red stitching
-Cusco E-brake button
-'16 FR-S console knee pads w/red stiching (padded vs hard plastic)
-'16 FR-S door panel knee pads w/red stiching (padded vs hard plastic)
-'17 Toyota 86 OEM all-weather floor mats (set of four)
-Carbon fiber wrapped dash panel (Turbowned)
-Clutch pedal spring delete
-OEM Subaru cargo tray

Exterior:
-De-badged trunk lid (Turbowned)
-Advan rear diffuser (Turbowned)
-Front clear paint protection film (bumper, headlights, hood, fenders, mirrors)
-Perrin “shorty” antenna (not installed but will be included)
-JDM OE Subaru clear side markers
-LED plate light bulbs
-LED reverse light bulbs
-Rally Armor UR mudflaps w/blue lettering
-18x8” Enkei TS10 wheels
-225/40x18 Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires

I have all of the documentation and invoices for all mods, and of the OEM parts and components. The OEM wheels are in excellent condition with no curb damage, and the OEM Michelin Primacy HP tires are in good shape as well, with about 7/32's of tread remaining.

The car has also had a few initial repairs made under warranty listed below, in addition to maintinance work I have had done to the car also:

Warranty Repairs/Maintenance:
-Front struts (leaking; this was before switching to the '16 struts w/lowering springs. I still have the new front struts/springs, as well as the rear struts/springs.)

-Seat heater switch (indicator light stopped working for driver-side switch)

-High-pressure fuel pump for the krickets. This replacement was actually done twice since the krickets kept coming back, but the repairs were done before the revised Denso pump was available. Still chrips from time to time but I've grown to live with it.

-Driver's headlight assembly (LED “boomerang” stopped working.) As a result of the replacement, the new headlight does not have paint protection film on it. This bugs me and is something I'd like to have rectified, I just haven't had the time to set up an appointment and make the 2.5 hour drive down to Driven Perfection to have it taken care of.

-Cam plate sealant (leaking; old sealant scrapped off and new sealant applied.)

-Transmission (started to grind going into 5th gear.)

I have the service records available for all repairs, as well as up-to-date Carfax and AutoCheck vehicle history reports.

I change the oil regularly with with OEM Subaru 0W-20 and an OEM oil filter w/crush gasket, brakes have been cleaned and lubricated, and I replaced the cabin filter with a new OEM unit this past summer. I had the transmission and rear differential fluid changed at the dealership when I bought the car for piece of mind. Always filled with 93 octane, usually Shell, and when stored for the winter I add Startron fuel treatment to the gas and keep the battery on a Batter Tender Jr. trickle charger. At this time the car has about 26,500 miles. Those miles will go up but not by much, as I like to take the car out at least once every week or two, both to run it and enjoy it.

The reason I'm selling is because I just don't use the car much these days, as priorities have shifted around the last year or so. Since I don't really drive it to work, it only comes out after work and on weekends. Last year I only racked up a little over 2,400 miles, and have since decided it's time for it to move on to a new owner that will get the use out of it that it deserves.

Asking $17,500, cash or certified bank check. Clean title in hand. I will do my best to log on at least a couple times a day to answer any questions. Next post will be pics. Thanks!

Last edited by NowImaBeliever; 04-26-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Tried to clean the post up somewhat.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
NowImaBeliever

Sorry guys, it's been awhile and apparently Photobucket now requires a paid subscription when I get home from work I will create an Imageshack account and get some photos uploaded!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowImaBeliever View Post
Sorry guys, it's been awhile and apparently Photobucket now requires a paid subscription when I get home from work I will create an Imageshack account and get some photos uploaded!
Then I'll check again tomorrow to make sure you're following the rules
Old 04-25-2018, 12:01 PM   #4
NowImaBeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Then I'll check again tomorrow to make sure you're following the rules
I'm sorry, I was trying to delete this thread so I could start fresh, but couldn't find the option to delete it. It was getting late and I had forgotten to copy save what I wrote up to a word document so I wouldn't have to write this up all over again. I"ll make sure to re-read the rules and get things right, I just don't get out of work until 8 but I'll correct it.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #5
NowImaBeliever

Update: Pictures of the car in question. Again, my apologies for the delay.
Did my best to work around the shadows, if anyone wants specific pictures, I will do my best to accommodate!

(I do have both keys to the car, just had the other fob in my pocket at the time.)

Old 06-04-2018, 07:11 PM   #6
NowImaBeliever

Update: Car has been sold. Thread can be deleted as needed.

Closed Thread