follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #15
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
^ this.

I'm wrapping all of my silver trim in matte white. (White to match my car, matte cause it looks less cheap than gloss)

So far everything is wrapped except for the HVAC control trim and the steering wheel trim. Those two are too annoying to get to so I've been lazy.

Also +1 on JPM coachworks stuff. I have the alcantara knee pads, speaker trim and gauge hood.

The steering wheel trim is actually pretty easy to be honest.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #16
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
The steering wheel trim is actually pretty easy to be honest.
Yea definitely is, compared to the HVAC trim. Harder compared to the other stuff, I just needa remember to bring tools with me to the car next time. I'm also just lazy :p
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #17
Since1967

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
Yea definitely is, compared to the HVAC trim. Harder compared to the other stuff, I just needa remember to bring tools with me to the car next time. I'm also just lazy :p

Found the hvac trim was easy to wrap because it's a nice shape. Obviously a lot of things to do to take it out, but the actual wrap is easy.

As for previously mentioned jpm stuff, they make nice stuff for sure. I think the alcantara shift and brake boot are great upgrades for anyone. I got the rest of my alcantara from them.
Since1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:51 PM   #18
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
I used to miss upscale German interiors but not these days once I figured out it's all bullshit.

Take a trim tool and remove the BRZ interior trim pieces, they are nice and thick / sturdy like from an 80's E30 Bimmer. For example I can't say the same with bling looking modern VW/Audi trim pieces they are flimsy as shit once you take them apart and examine them (i.e. metal clips held on by melted glue rofl).

Also you'll get over the soft touch stuff once they melt into goo after a few years lol!
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-15-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 02:14 AM   #19
a_dee

Drives: '14 BRZ CBS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1967 View Post
Found the hvac trim was easy to wrap because it's a nice shape. Obviously a lot of things to do to take it out, but the actual wrap is easy.

As for previously mentioned jpm stuff, they make nice stuff for sure. I think the alcantara shift and brake boot are great upgrades for anyone. I got the rest of my alcantara from them.
How well does the vinyl stick/appear with the hvac? It has the space invader texture, no?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:08 PM   #20
Canehda
poverty cause racecar

Drives: Subaru BRZ JRSC'd
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Ive been seeing a lot of guys wrap their interior pieces with alcantara... I wonder if anyone has ever wrapped the actual dashboard? I sat in a lambo once that had a really thick and soft feeling suede dash that just made the car seem plush but still looked sporty...

Also in regards to whether you "should" change your interior. I think the interior represents the concept of the car, its a very basic but well thought out platform that can be customized to suit each persons tastes... why spend tons of money trying to spice up the car when you can let people do it them selves. Some people will say a 500$ steering wheel is a waste of money because you could get RCE springs, or a tune, or a big wang; but everyones priorities are subjective so no one is ever right in the universal sense, just enjoy the car and your experience in it
Canehda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:24 PM   #21
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehda View Post
Ive been seeing a lot of guys wrap their interior pieces with alcantara... I wonder if anyone has ever wrapped the actual dashboard? I sat in a lambo once that had a really thick and soft feeling suede dash that just made the car seem plush but still looked sporty...

Also in regards to whether you "should" change your interior. I think the interior represents the concept of the car, its a very basic but well thought out platform that can be customized to suit each persons tastes... why spend tons of money trying to spice up the car when you can let people do it them selves. Some people will say a 500$ steering wheel is a waste of money because you could get RCE springs, or a tune, or a big wang; but everyones priorities are subjective so no one is ever right in the universal sense, just enjoy the car and your experience in it
Pretty sure I've seen it done on here. Doesn't look awful, but in my opinion, everything needs to be alcantara then
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:19 PM   #22
Canehda
poverty cause racecar

Drives: Subaru BRZ JRSC'd
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Pretty sure I've seen it done on here. Doesn't look awful, but in my opinion, everything needs to be alcantara then
you're tempting me :P
Canehda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehda For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-26-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #23
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehda View Post
you're tempting me :P
I've been trying to find alcantara locally, but I've had no luck. I'd be interested in wrapping my centre console at least. Just not at what it would cost to import alcantara.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #24
iLaw

Drives: 2015 BRZ, Aozora Edition
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Am I the only one who thinks the BRZ interior is pretty decent for a $30k car? The plastics aren't hard, they are softer and rubbery to the touch (like the dash board). I actually like the silver accents in the car. It brightens up the interior. The alcantara in the seats are nice, and our interiors aren't over-done with chrome or shiny things. Everything in the interior is functional, and isn't excessive. The only thing I have changed is my shift knob and the reverse lockout, both of which were gifts.

I bought the BRZ for the way it drives. Subaru is the last name you would think when it comes to luxury. Even an STI has an interior from 10 years ago. Subarus (BRZ included) aren't meant to be luxurious. They are meant to be functional. I am personally very happy with the interior of the BRZ. I've had many opportunities to change it, and prefer to spend my money elsewhere in the car.
iLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iLaw For This Useful Post:
jonboy99 (03-05-2016), ollie (03-05-2016), SLVRSRFR (03-01-2016), Summerwolf (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #25
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Great post, Law!

I don't debate that the silver brightens it up a bit. My gripe is that they used the cheapest-looking silver applique that was available.

Also mine had a couple of knicks in it when I got my car (pre-owned), and because the plastic underneath the silver is black, those knicks stood out like a sore thumb.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #26
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLaw View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the BRZ interior is pretty decent for a $30k car? The plastics aren't hard, they are softer and rubbery to the touch (like the dash board). I actually like the silver accents in the car. It brightens up the interior. The alcantara in the seats are nice, and our interiors aren't over-done with chrome or shiny things. Everything in the interior is functional, and isn't excessive. The only thing I have changed is my shift knob and the reverse lockout, both of which were gifts.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/TCSd2cG.jpg[/mg]

I bought the BRZ for the way it drives. Subaru is the last name you would think when it comes to luxury. Even an STI has an interior from 10 years ago. Subarus (BRZ included) aren't meant to be luxurious. They are meant to be functional. I am personally very happy with the interior of the BRZ. I've had many opportunities to change it, and prefer to spend my money elsewhere in the car.
Funny. As soon as I installed the black interior bits, I immediately thought "Shit, this is way too dark now". No regrets, too lazy to change anything anyways at this point.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #27
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I think you should put that nasty wood trim in it and make it shiny!

For all purposes this is a race car and doesn't care what it looks like.And you shouldn't either. Its stupid to buy a car then start changing all the krap you hate about it. Just buy the right car for you.

I live in my living room which has all the luxuries. I DRIVE MY CAR! and bygod that little car is the most connected to the road and driver car I've ever driven and that is what it was built for, not to lounge around in!

If I were you, I'd pour all my money into removing the torque dip, because that's where this car fails!
RichardsFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #28
Cole
Not a troll

Do you not know how to spell "crap"?

Funny you mention buying a car and how you shouldn't change the stuff you don't like. By that logic, you shouldn't fix the torque dip
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
SLVRSRFR (03-01-2016)