follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-23-2019, 12:26 AM   #1
86league

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blox lower control arms - good enough?

Going to be doing a coilover install soon and I want a set of adjustable rear lower control arms that are easier to adjust than the SPC lower control arms I have now. My SPC's have some play before the cams engage in to out, and also have some rotational play before the bolt turns the cam washer - so they always seem to move just a bit when you loosen the bolt, and then just a bit when you tighten so getting exactly what you want is hard. If you visually try to use the rear cam as a guide - the front cam on the bolt head can be in a different place due to the play between the square drive on the bolt and the washer.

The Blox are $221 on amazon - seem like they would fit the bill - have a threaded adjuster instead of the somewhat loose SPC cam ...

How well are the Blox going to hold up/wear? This is for light track use - setting about -2.4 deg camber in the rear.

Is something like a SPL control arm set really worth 2.5x cost difference?

Thanks.
86league is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just picked these up after I smacked a curb and bent the passenger side stock LCA. Got it installed a couple of days ago but I haven't drove it that much since I still need to get an alignment and have other parts of the suspension checked out.

I have a strong feeling that these are rebranded RSR LCAs since they look identical but at half the cost. The construction quality looks good for the most part. The only issue I had was that the one of the inner metal plates that aligns to the hub holes wasn't welded perfectly straight so I couldn't thread the bolt through the hole so I had to use a dremel and grind a bit of metal to get it to work. I think Blox may have bought up the RSR LCAs in the manufacturing factory that didn't pass quality control or have minor defects to it.

FYI my car is mainly a daily driver and some spirited driving so it won't see the track so I don't know how well these will hold up to multiple track days. As always, you get what you paid for!
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote