follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #113
Readytoxplod
Tire Destroyer

Drives: Firestorm+snail
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If I drive to Georgia will you guys install the dash trim? Awesome stuff by the way!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #114
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Yep. Gonna hafta sell one of my other cars to pay for all this stuff and take a vacation to Georgia. Worth it? Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtebie View Post
JPM made these for me:
Which wheel is that? I like it!!

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbowned For This Useful Post:
JPM Coachworks (05-08-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #115
schtebie

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Yep. Gonna hafta sell one of my other cars to pay for all this stuff and take a vacation to Georgia. Worth it? Probably.

Which wheel is that? I like it!!
Cusco! Picked up from @RallySportDirect.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #116
JPM Coachworks

Drives: Honda S2000, Subaru STI
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JPM Coachworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytoxplod View Post
If I drive to Georgia will you guys install the dash trim? Awesome stuff by the way!
@Readytoxplod We would be happy to install any of our products into your vehicle. We have even been known to install products that aren't ours as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnOvertime View Post
Yeah no problem. I emailed them awhile ago about the simulated leather knee pads and they said they were working on them. Now that these will be available soon, I have no excuse not to buy the knee pads, ebrake boot, and shift boot. I kept holding off saying "I will get the pieces when they all come out".
@UnOvertime The Simulated Leather Cluster Hood, Knee Pads, and Speaker Trims are now available via our website as well as directly. I apologize that we have not uploaded the product photos of the items to the site as well, but we should have the pictures up tomorrow as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
About half way there... going slow and making sure everything fits right, no wires rattle, etc.
@Gen Looks great sir! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your car reassembled! :happy0180:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtebie View Post
Cusco! Picked up from @RallySportDirect.
@schtebie

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
JPM Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
UnOvertime (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #117
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
@Turbowned

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #118
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
This would go a lot faster if I could figure out how to wire the replacement dash speakers...I've tried a jumper for the stock tweeter wiring harness, but no dice.

I'll keep searching the electronics sub forum.
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #119
schtebie

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytoxplod View Post
I've seen @JPM Coachworks disassemble my interior and reassemble it over the course of a visit. AND they installed my Cusco steering wheel because I'm too chicken to touch the airbag.

Not to mention they took painstaking care to make sure nothing got scratched. I'd argue they were more careful than I am and I'm really particular about keeping my interior as new as the day I bought it.

They can do just about anything.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #120
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
I'd take the bits cutout and stitched and then just glue them on myself if it would be a good chunk of cost savings. Which I'd think it would be since they don't need to buy the new parts. Or do the single most labor intense part of this. The trade in deal isn't worth it after you factor in shipping so that's a non starter to bring down costs.

Why charge more for the color of thread? Thread is the same price. I doubt they run these on automated machines as they'd be cheaper to begin with, so doing a production run with one color or another is a simple affair I'd think.

I worked in a sewing shop for a short time when I was younger and they had 20 or so automated stitching machines that would all produce the same thing at once, that's about as automated as these things can get. So cut die's, cut the pieces, put them on the machine(s), then manually wrap.

Guess I'm just used to the Chinese child labor factories, stupid world economy....
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy
Sorry, this is not really the place... But WOULD you guys make pieces with a thread color other than red? Im trying to do away with the red stuff going on with this car...
@Fancy All of our products can be customized with any available thread color or material color for an additional charge. Typically, it is an additional $10/product to special order with a different thread color or Alcantara color than the standard Black/Red.

That would be a LOT with the pieces I'd want.
@michaelahess You make an excellent point. Please allow me to elaborate. Everything is made in batches by hand. There is no automation in the production and assembly of our items, and very limited automation in the cutting of the material. We try to produce all of our items in small batches, especially the BRZ/FR-S items in order to fulfill orders as quickly as possible. The reason there is a fee for special orders is because it significantly slows down our overall production and prevents us from batching the special order with existing products as well as having to change out the thread on the machines or to cut out a different material. However, as orders become larger and more custom/specially configured products are included, the fee is not necessarily applied to each individual item or any of the items, as the machines have already been reconfigured for the new thread color or new material choice, and a batch of special items can be produced together. I hope this helps you to better understand and is helpful to you and anyone else who may be interested in pursuing customized or special order items in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk View Post
a while back i emailed about the gauge cluster hood in simulated leather to better match the material that is currently on the doors and armrest and such, and JPM emailed back and said that it would be available on the website soon. I still have yet to see anything on there, but i see a member that posted a picture of not only the gauge hood, but the dash trim also in leather. How can i get these items? If theyre custom done, and i need to send a donor piece, by all means im willing to do so.

Also, the picture i saw had the two dash pieces wrapped in simulated leather, but there was also an alcantara one that was one solid piece with spacers for standard double DIN sized radios. Id really like a solid piece like that but leather instead of alcantara. Whatever the pricing would be, id like to set something up to get these pieces done
@ph0en1xtk I sincerely apologize for the wait to you and everyone else who inquired about that material option. The Simulated Leather Cluster Hood, Knee Pads, and Speaker Trims are now enabled on the website as a material option. We will also include some of our product photos that can be found on this forum on our site as well.

In regards to the Simulated Leather Dash Panels, we are exploring a different Simulated Leather in order to wrap those parts. The material we are using for the currently available catalog items is too thick to be used to wrap the Dash Panels. We are waiting for an additional simulated leather to arrive at our shop so that we can test it out, and see if we can come up with a product option that we are happy with.

I hope both of those posts are helpful to anyone who has similar questions or concerns.

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
The Following User Says Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
schtebie (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #121
Scooby South
Conedancer

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
OMG... this thing is AMAZING.. Such Quality work.. Probably going to rank up there as the Best Mod I have done so far.. Thanks @JPM Coachworks
Can't wait to install this... WAHOOOOOO

Scooby South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #122
Gen

C'mon Andrew... make it happen. I know this request is tough because of the airbag...

Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #123
gusbarragan

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
So y'all are located in Georgia? I thought Cali for some reason.
gusbarragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #124
Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbarragan View Post
Probably because they shipped half an FR-S to me in California.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #125
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
C'mon Andrew... make it happen. I know this request is tough because of the airbag...

@Gen What are you looking for? For it to say FRS Airbag instead of SRS?

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
Old 05-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #126
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbarragan View Post
@gusbarragan We are about 15 minutes outside of Atlanta proper. It would be great if we were in Cali, maybe a satellite office for us to vacation at..

Quote:
Probably because they shipped half an FR-S to me in California.
@Gen :happy0180:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby South View Post
OMG... this thing is AMAZING.. Such Quality work.. Probably going to rank up there as the Best Mod I have done so far.. Thanks @JPM Coachworks
Can't wait to install this... WAHOOOOOO

@Scooby South I am very glad that you like it! Thank you for saying so; that is truly high praise!