follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #29
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Fucking deer! One ran in front of my Spark EV as I came around a corner. I managed to hit the brakes, maybe going from 35 to 20. It went full rag doll, flying 20-30 feet into the bushes. No body the next day, so it must have gotten up and hobbled off somewhere. Deer are rats with hooves.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:54 PM   #30
g e

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Can you say “Bambi Burgers?”
g e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:21 PM   #31
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Frogs View Post
Glad you are ok. It sucks that the car is damaged, but it is repariable. I know it is tough to say and accept, but it is only/just a car.

Hitting an animal is the best thing you could have done, if you were going to hit something. Insurance is much more forgiving when you hit wildlife/animal.

If there is ever a situation where you either hit the animal or swerve...ALWAYS hit the animal Ok, you Canadians might want to miss the Moose, but beyond the Moose, hit the animal.

It may sound wrong and you may feel bad for hurting/killing an animal, but don't.

Your insurance company will be much more understanding if the damage is caused by an animal; an act of nature out of your control vs. you swerving to avoid "something" and hitting a tree/post/guardrail/ditch which makes it look like a single vehicle accident and you have no way to prove otherwise (i.e. no hair/blood).

Hitting Animal = GOOD

Hitting tree/post/guardrail/ditch to miss animal = BAD

Cheers.
It could also send you off the road where terrible things can happen to a car moving at highway speed. Don't ever point a car anywhere other than down the center of the road to miss a critter and in traffic don't stand on the brakes too hard because the vehicles behind you most likely won't know why or even see it coming and you're likely to cause a multi car collision that you may be responsible for.I recently watched a woman nail the brakes and swerve into oncoming traffic to miss a squirrel and cause a 4 car pileup, what a mess.

Many years ago, driving an old Toyota FJ55 at ~1am 30 miles from the nearest town an elk decided to step out in front of me. The thing looked into my headlights and moved just a bit and slipped on the icy road and went down looking right at me. I was doing about 50mph so there was no way I was pointing it off the road so I took it head on. That old beast of a truck rolled right through and over that critter but part of it's rack snapped off and punctured the radiator and it shredded underneath so there were bits of flesh stuck everywhere. The antler sealed the hole it made so no harm no foul and that old Chevy 350 under the hood kept purring right along. The flesh froze solid so again, no foul. I got to Las Vegas ~15 hours later and parked it outside the hotel I was staying in. As the flesh defrosted it had an odor, a really bad rotting flesh odor. The hotel made me move the truck to the far end of the property on the other side of the golf course and security drove me back and told me that they'd give me a ride out when I was ready to leave. The only real damage was something got up into the engine compartment and shredded the alternator belt and a piece got wedged in behind the cooling fan and it ate itself for lunch so I had to replace the belt and alternator. The antler was still stuck in the radiator when I sold the truck 2 years later.

Tags
deer curse damage