follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #1877
CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty

Drives: Blue ZC6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For anyone using a turbo blanket with this kit, did you also use the AVO heat shield?

I've got the PTP blanket on mine and its interfering with the AVO heat shield and making it a general pain in the ass to install the manifold.
CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:30 PM   #1878
Astroboy

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I recently reinstalled my avo kit and wanted to know where I tap my bov valve line into. If anbody can help, that'll be great. in the photo you can clearely see where i tapped it into

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:45 PM   #1879
CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty

AVO's instructions say to splice into the vacuum line for the brake booster.
The Following User Says Thank You to CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty For This Useful Post:
Astroboy (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 09:46 PM   #1880
Astroboy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty View Post
AVO's instructions say to splice into the vacuum line for the brake booster.
Yeah i lost the instructions. Can you send me a pic on how you did yours? Please?

Old 05-30-2018, 08:42 PM   #1881
CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty

I don't have a picture. The line you're supposed to splice into can be seen in your picture though. It's the rubber line next to the brake fluid reservoir and connects the brake booster to the intake manifold. Splice it anywhere in between.

Back to my original comment; I removed the steel plate/heat shield included with the kit and I was able to install the manifold to the head. There is about a 0.5" to 0.75" air gap between the turbo blanket and the cam sensor/cylinder head. I've heard the PTP blankets to a good job containing the heat, but can anybody chime in as to whether a half inch is enough clearance? I don't want to melt the wiring on the cam sensor.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #1882
sam69

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Been looking and searching for the dimensions of the stage 2 AVO turbo with no luck so has anyone got the overall diameter and length for it
sam69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #1883
jRuN

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone, new BRZ owner here, previous WRX owner. Loving this car and absolutely wanting to turbo it I've been going through a lot of threads about different kits and I feel like I am drawn to the AVO kit for how it's mounted and how they are routing the piping. Something about those top front mounted turbos right next to intake and throttle body bothers me.

1. Anybody in FL (orlando area) with the AVO kit ? I would love an opportunity to see the kit in person and talk to someone that is running it.

2. I saw in some other turbo kit comparison thread that the AVO kit was knocked on for not using a quality turbo, is that true?

3. Is there any cutting or custom fabrication required with this kit? Bumper beam? Oil pan welding?

thanks for your time!
jRuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:21 PM   #1884
JimmyMac

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2016 Miata Club
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRuN View Post
Hello everyone, new BRZ owner here, previous WRX owner. Loving this car and absolutely wanting to turbo it I've been going through a lot of threads about different kits and I feel like I am drawn to the AVO kit for how it's mounted and how they are routing the piping. Something about those top front mounted turbos right next to intake and throttle body bothers me.

1. Anybody in FL (orlando area) with the AVO kit ? I would love an opportunity to see the kit in person and talk to someone that is running it.

2. I saw in some other turbo kit comparison thread that the AVO kit was knocked on for not using a quality turbo, is that true?

3. Is there any cutting or custom fabrication required with this kit? Bumper beam? Oil pan welding?

thanks for your time!
I don't have the kit but maybe this manual might help? Here
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:06 PM   #1885
tyler_win_photo

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS (Asphalt)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRuN View Post

thanks for your time!
It runs a TD05 18G turbo. It's a journal bearing turbo, which is a bit ancient for the times technology wise but it's solid.

No cutting or custom fab needed.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #1886
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to pop in and let all of you know that Phase 10 RaceROM is finally here for all model years and all regions of the world (Not just the initial 2013-2014 and 2017-2018 release), from 2013-2018 models on USDM, European, Asian, JDM (Yes it's different), and Gulf spec ECU's. Our entire tune library has been updated to accommodate the new software, and we are now rolling out these tunes to new and existing customers. A lot of our customers running AVO kits have been asking about this update, so I wanted you all to be among the first to know that our Delicious tunes are all built up and vetted out for the new software.

The latest version is denoted as V25.00. Though RaceROM 10 is really a complete and utter overhaul of the way we do tuning on these cars, some of the more important changes are as follows:

- Improved tip in throttle response throughout entire rev range
- Completely overhauled closed loop correction outside of factory closed loop scenarios
- Completely overhauled boost control on turbo systems, implementing a variety of fail safe and target compensations to correct for and protect against overheating oil/coolant, poor quality fuel, AVCS being inactive, and more. We also have a lot more adjustment room to have features like boost by gear, ethanol content, map-switch mode, and more working in tandem with one another.
- Completely overhauled Flex Fuel implementation. Ethanol content, ethanol ignition advance, and more are now all dedicated parameters in EcuTek. The way Flex Fuel is programmed is also far superior in RaceROM 10, and allows much tighter integration into the tune. What this means for the end user is a smoother transition between fuel types, and a smoother ramp in power delivery as ethanol content increases or decreases.
- Dedicated custom map to warn you when your AVCS system has failed to activate in a timely manner, letting you know before you push the car and risk potential damage.
- Vastly improved control over fueling in medium to full load areas.
- Improved transition from low load MAF calculation to high load VE calculation.
- Improved drivability across all versions.
- Addressed a particular bug where some vehicles would experience a hesitation in high gear, partial (20-40%) throttle pulls. This was typically experienced when trying to pass on the highway, for example.

If you have any questions about this update, feel free to contact me via email at sales@delicioustuning.com.com. This update takes what is already a great turbo kit, and improves it more than we previously thought possible.
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #1887
Astroboy

Garage
Anybody having problems with the pipe that sits close to the water pump? Mine keeps hitting when i hit the brakes a little hard

Old 07-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #1888
CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
Anybody having problems with the pipe that sits close to the water pump? Mine keeps hitting when i hit the brakes a little hard

I had that issue. I did two things to resolve it, and I don't know which one actually 'fixed' it. I replaced the water pump pulley bolts with some flange bolts that had a head thickness that were ~1.5 mm smaller. Ace Hardware is the place to go for fasteners, by the way. Their metric selection is much greater than hardware stores or auto parts stores. I also re-adjusted the charge pipe by loosening the bolt at the charge pipe bracket, moving the charge pipe as far forward as possible, then tightening it down. I'm not using the spacer between the charge pipe bracket and the air filter housing bracket, for what it's worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to CraftyObeseCrunchyKitty For This Useful Post:
Astroboy (07-25-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #1889
[Cyanide]

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.Hyperblue
Where's the best place to buy an AVO kit from? Directly from them?
[Cyanide] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:13 PM   #1890
Astroboy

Garage
I can sell you my kit. Im selling my car and can take it off in a day. Where do you live?

Tags
avo, avoturboworld