follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 05-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
spolcyc

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trusted Subaru shops in North/West Texas

I have some kind of issue with my rear suspension, took it to Subaru dealership in Lubbock, they're idiots and tried to convince me to throw parts at my car.

So, question. I'm in Lamesa, willing to travel as far as Dallas or Austin (Lbk, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa) for someone who REALLY knows suspension and can accurately diagnose the cause of my issues because it is really bothering me. Below is a quick overview of my issue. I really need an expert, not just some basic Subaru dealer mechanic who is going to try to sell me things I don't need. Any guidance would be much appreciated as I'm here for work from Washington state. A long way from my shop.

"The issue now is the car feels extremely "floaty" when driving down the road at speed, I also seem to have lost the complete feel of the car in twisties. and when I lightly tap the wheel clockwise, the car will accept this and enhance my movement, pulling hard to the right. It doesn't do this when I go to the left. Would one think that this is more a product of the crappy tires? I've also heard a few loud pops from the back right, the Subaru guy said it could possibly be a bent strut, but I cant verify that right now as I don't have the tools for it. A visual inspection yielded no visible signs of any kind of scrapes or bends on the under carriage or LCA's."
spolcyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:41 AM   #2
pleong

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trusted Subaru shops in North/West Texas

Pmd you

TEAM NEMESIS | NEM 86 | IG: @NEM_86
PTE5858 Turbo | Integrated Engineering Fuel Surge Tank | 1300cc Injectors | Exedy Twin Disc | RAYS Volk ZE40 | 295/30/18 | 522whp @ 6,600 Dyno Dynamics
The NEM86 Build Thread
pleong is offline   Reply With Quote