follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 11-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #771
groovymoonbear

Drives: ‘22 CWP BRZ LTD 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndavepgh View Post
The previous three ships reached the East coast during the week of 11/1 when we got our VINs. That's what makes me wonder if the delay is for port processing and/or available transportation. The ETAs that we got were for mid-November, which would be way off if our cars were actually on the ships due at the end of November. As far as I can tell, the ship schedules have been set for a while and there were no significant delays more than a a day or two.

Who's up for a road trip to Baltimore to check out the port?
If it’s any help, my vehicle when being processed at the port showed a “build date” for my dealer and their portal showed this without an estimated delivery date (though they quoted about three weeks from that point).

Once my car was processed (I got the vortex generator and stuff), the dealer’s portal updated to show a date for when it was released to the rail company (West Coast through Fremont uses BNSF), and an estimated delivery date (about 2 weeks after - for me 11/17).

So I bet the cars are waiting to be processed, if you harass your dealer enough they might be able to see when / if they are processed and waiting on trains / trucks depending on your distance from whatever port they have. Guessing East Coast has a pretty robust railway system so if you aren’t super close to the port they’ll try and save a buck (ask your dealer they should know if they’re usually sent by rail or truck).

Hope that helps from my perspective.
groovymoonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to groovymoonbear For This Useful Post:
azndavepgh (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 10:55 PM   #772
slimfit

Drives: ‘22 BRZ
I’m sure mine is being put onto rail and brought to a lot near I95 where I live. There it will sit until a carrier picks it up at their leisure and brings it to my dealer. It’s probably sitting there right now…😡
slimfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:01 PM   #773
Fingat

Drives: 22 BRZ (WRB)
We need a fleet of black hondas to scour the highways for car carriers.
Fingat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fingat For This Useful Post:
Jucostud (11-11-2021), Simmons (11-11-2021), Stonehorsw (11-11-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 11:01 PM   #774
shoreline86

Drives: '22 BRZ 6MT MGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndavepgh View Post
The previous three ships reached the East coast during the week of 11/1 when we got our VINs. That's what makes me wonder if the delay is for port processing and/or available transportation. The ETAs that we got were for mid-November, which would be way off if our cars were actually on the ships due at the end of November. As far as I can tell, the ship schedules have been set for a while and there were no significant delays more than a a day or two.

Who's up for a road trip to Baltimore to check out the port?
I'm supposed to have a November delivery date yet I have no VIN while the other BRZ coming with mine does have one (but no window sticker).

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovymoonbear View Post
If it’s any help, my vehicle when being processed at the port showed a “build date” for my dealer and their portal showed this without an estimated delivery date (though they quoted about three weeks from that point).

Once my car was processed (I got the vortex generator and stuff), the dealer’s portal updated to show a date for when it was released to the rail company (West Coast through Fremont uses BNSF), and an estimated delivery date (about 2 weeks after - for me 11/17).

So I bet the cars are waiting to be processed, if you harass your dealer enough they might be able to see when / if they are processed and waiting on trains / trucks depending on your distance from whatever port they have. Guessing East Coast has a pretty robust railway system so if you aren’t super close to the port they’ll try and save a buck (ask your dealer they should know if they’re usually sent by rail or truck).

Hope that helps from my perspective.
I'm hoping this is the case, but with no VIN I'm still in the dark. My dealer has been keeping in touch with me but there just aren't really any updates for them to give.
shoreline86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:05 PM   #775
Fingat

Drives: 22 BRZ (WRB)
Oh the president was at the port today, that probably didn't help efficiency.
Fingat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:27 PM   #776
groovymoonbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingat View Post
Oh the president was at the port today, that probably didn't help efficiency.
He’s out there test driving all of your BRZs and falling asleep at the wheel
alphasaur (11-10-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 10:16 AM   #777
Derka

Drives: 2015 frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Ok I found a localish dealer that had a allocation for a limited manual in white and put a deposit down. Also ordered a ton of parts from Japan that are stuck in customs. Can’t wait for either of them to get here!
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derka For This Useful Post:
Jucostud (11-11-2021), Simmons (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 11:18 AM   #778
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Deposit down for 2022 BRZ Sport-tech (aka Limited trim for those of you in the US) with Barrie Subaru.

Accessories added:
- Car cover + car cover bag (yes, I'm a sucker)
- Homelink + autodim mirror

They offered it for pickup in 3-4 weeks which puts me right into snow/salt up here in Canadia. I asked if I could delay till April and they happily said they would accommodate given they know this is a summer toy for me.

Excellent experience with Grant W. at Barrie Subaru. Would recommend.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
Pete (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 12:14 PM   #779
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Just got confirmation from my dealer in FL, ~11 day delay, 11/18 becomes 11/29. Womp womp. Oh well after thanksgiving it is!
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
Jucostud (11-11-2021), SpectreRT (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 12:34 PM   #780
Simmons

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I just checked with SOA, they are still showing the 17th as the release date and a delivery in November. She didn't know if it's already at the port or not.

Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #781
shoreline86

Drives: '22 BRZ 6MT MGM
I just called SoA today and I still have no date or VIN yet I’m still set for a November delivery. I checked on the status of another car also coming in this months allocation to the same dealer since it has a VIN and it has a delivery date of 11/28. So I’m hoping that mine miraculously shows up with that one haha
shoreline86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:24 PM   #782
Pete

Drives: 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jucostud View Post
You won't really know until your window sticker pulls up. That's how you know it's finished at the port and ready for transport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Just got confirmation from my dealer in FL, ~11 day delay, 11/18 becomes 11/29. Womp womp. Oh well after thanksgiving it is!
Just want to verify this for my own peace of mind. I am seeing and sympathizing with all the folks getting delays in the last few days. It seems like the common thing that is happening is that the dealer was confused about delivery date vs. port date. Had any of you guys got your window sticker before the delay?

I know delays are possible at any stage of shipping, but I am obviously hoping that my 11/16 date doesn't change. I am scheduled to start working from the office again on 11/17. I've made promises.

I already got my window sticker, so at this point the only possible delay would be trucking the car to the dealer, not confusion about pickup/port dates. Is that correct?
Old 11-11-2021, 01:34 PM   #783
groovymoonbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Just want to verify this for my own peace of mind. I am seeing and sympathizing with all the folks getting delays in the last few days. It seems like the common thing that is happening is that the dealer was confused about delivery date vs. port date. Had any of you guys got your window sticker before the delay?

I know delays are possible at any stage of shipping, but I am obviously hoping that my 11/16 date doesn't change. I am scheduled to start working from the office again on 11/17. I've made promises.

I already got my window sticker, so at this point the only possible delay would be trucking the car to the dealer, not confusion about pickup/port dates. Is that correct?
If you have your window sticker it’s done at the port and barring some real screw up from whoever the rail company is, yours should be on a train (if you’re not directly nearby and would be opted for truck). I guess there could always be what you noted here with some issue once the cars get to a nearby railway and there’s no trucking available to get them to the dealer.

I think we all need to keep in mind that the dealer wants these cars as much as a we do - and not necessarily the BRZs as the odds are there are many other higher volume sellers being shipped alongside ours (Forester / Ascent). So they want them ASAP and will probably try their best to get things right and if they do that for those other cars, ours will benefit as well.
Pete (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 01:43 PM   #784
Pete

Drives: 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovymoonbear View Post
If you have your window sticker it’s done at the port and barring some real screw up from whoever the rail company is, yours should be on a train (if you’re not directly nearby and would be opted for truck). I guess there could always be what you noted here with some issue once the cars get to a nearby railway and there’s no trucking available to get them to the dealer.

I think we all need to keep in mind that the dealer wants these cars as much as a we do - and not necessarily the BRZs as the odds are there are many other higher volume sellers being shipped alongside ours (Forester / Ascent). So they want them ASAP and will probably try their best to get things right and if they do that for those other cars, ours will benefit as well.
LOL, right after I posted this my dealer sent me a picture of my car on the truck pulling into the dealer lot!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Pete; 11-11-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:
groovymoonbear (11-11-2021), Jucostud (11-11-2021), PhatFreshPrince (11-11-2021), Simmons (11-11-2021), Stonehorsw (11-11-2021), Sym (11-11-2021), timurrrr (11-11-2021), Yoshoobaroo (11-11-2021)