follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
tay_wilson007
TeeDubz007

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Vivid Racing// Forgestar

Ordered custom Forgestar wheels through Vivid Racing 3 months ago. I had been in contact with Adam who works there and he told me my wheels would be shipping soon and saying that they had already gone though the color process, Forgestar just needed confirmation as to what car they would be going on to make sure they would fit. Adam has ignored me since June 14th (calls & emails) so today (JULY 18th) I finally called the main office and was told that the wheels HAVEN'T EVEN GONE THROUGH PRODUCTION YET and that I would have to wait another 8-12 weeks before they would even be shipped. If they haven't even been made yet I don't understand how Adam claimed that they couldn't color match correctly and we had to go through the process of changing them to a color I didn't originally pick. Spent over $3,000 to be lied to and ignored... GREAT customer service....not...Has anyone else experienced this with them??
tay_wilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tay_wilson007 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Hope you can get your money fully refunded and go with a different set of wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay_wilson007 View Post
Spent over $3,000 to be lied to and ignored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
Chronology

Drives: 13' Satin White Pearl BRZ
Quote:
Ordered custom Forgestar wheels through Vivid Racing 3 months ago. I had been in contact with Adam who works there and he told me my wheels would be shipping soon and saying that they had already gone though the color process, Forgestar just needed confirmation as to what car they would be going on to make sure they would fit. Adam has ignored me since June 14th (calls & emails) so today (JULY 18th) I finally called the main office and was told that the wheels HAVEN'T EVEN GONE THROUGH PRODUCTION YET and that I would have to wait another 8-12 weeks before they would even be shipped. If they haven't even been made yet I don't understand how Adam claimed that they couldn't color match correctly and we had to go through the process of changing them to a color I didn't originally pick. Spent over $3,000 to be lied to and ignored... GREAT customer service....not...Has anyone else experienced this with them??

I'd ask for a refund, 3 months for a custom part should have been the MAX time to wait. I ordered a TON of Cusco parts direct, even with shipping getting stuck at customs (they had a strike) I still got all my parts within 3 months.

Oh your in my backyard - If you need a vendor suggestion for wheels let me know. We (SoCal) have a ton of local supplies if you decide to go a different wheel. I picked up NIB never mounted OE Enkei Victory Blue RPF1s for what guys are selling them used for, locally.
RS*R Sport-I w/custom spring rate / Cusco Front/Rear Sways, Cusco Diff Brace / Cusco Power Brace (Rear/Front/Upper/Lower) / JDL UEL Headers / INVIDIA Q300 Ti / Valenti Revo Tails and rear backup/ EcuTek / Moto-East Flexfuel / Moto-East E85 tune
Chronology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
8RZ
The Gunshine State

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,163 Times in 587 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Do you have a pic of what the wheels will look like? Just curious.

Current DD: M235i
8RZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #5
tay_wilson007
TeeDubz007

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8RZ View Post
Do you have a pic of what the wheels will look like? Just curious.
This is the exact wheel model I ordered but I had a custom offset and the inside was going to be color coated Tiffany blue with a brushed clear coat.
http://www.forgestar.com/wheels/wp-c...3/M14_1000.jpg
Old 07-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #6
8RZ
The Gunshine State

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,163 Times in 587 Posts
Garage
Quote:
This is the exact wheel model I ordered but I had a custom offset and the inside was going to be color coated Tiffany blue with a brushed clear coat.
http://www.forgestar.com/wheels/wp-c...3/M14_1000.jpg
Damn, those are nice too, good luck man.

Current DD: M235i
8RZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
tay_wilson007
TeeDubz007

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronology View Post
I'd ask for a refund, 3 months for a custom part should have been the MAX time to wait. I ordered a TON of Cusco parts direct, even with shipping getting stuck at customs (they had a strike) I still got all my parts within 3 months.

Oh your in my backyard - If you need a vendor suggestion for wheels let me know. We (SoCal) have a ton of local supplies if you decide to go a different wheel. I picked up NIB never mounted OE Enkei Victory Blue RPF1s for what guys are selling them used for, locally.
Yeah magically they are saying they put them on rush order with forgestar now because I asked for a refund and they are trying to get around it... UGH...thank you though if I end up needing some suggestions I will hit you up!!
Old 07-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
Chronology

Drives: 13' Satin White Pearl BRZ
Quote:
Yeah magically they are saying they put them on rush order with forgestar now because I asked for a refund and they are trying to get around it... UGH...thank you though if I end up needing some suggestions I will hit you up!!
Have you drove down to the Forgestar office? I mean if you really want to; drive down, ask them if they have your order from Vivid, its custom so they should be able to find your order ASAP.

If they cannot, call Vivid FROM the Forgestar office and tell them "I want my money in 24 hours or I am doing a charge back".

Your bank/credit card will back your charge back and if you talk to customer service / give them the explanation that your waited 3+ months you should't be charged.

FORGESTAR WHEELS USA
1161 N. Knollwood Cir.
Anaheim, CA 92801

BTW Forgestar does Will-Call pickups, if you want to save some cash, don't do shipping just drive down.

People call me the "scorched-earth" guy. I have expectations that I keep open but hate to be fucked with.

If you want, ill be happy to come with. Tons of good food in that area.
RS*R Sport-I w/custom spring rate / Cusco Front/Rear Sways, Cusco Diff Brace / Cusco Power Brace (Rear/Front/Upper/Lower) / JDL UEL Headers / INVIDIA Q300 Ti / Valenti Revo Tails and rear backup/ EcuTek / Moto-East Flexfuel / Moto-East E85 tune
Chronology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chronology For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-21-2017), Cole (07-21-2017), CSG Mike (07-21-2017), JazzleSAURUS (07-25-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #9
tay_wilson007
TeeDubz007

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronology View Post
Have you drove down to the Forgestar office? I mean if you really want to; drive down, ask them if they have your order from Vivid, its custom so they should be able to find your order ASAP.

If they cannot, call Vivid FROM the Forgestar office and tell them "I want my money in 24 hours or I am doing a charge back".

Your bank/credit card will back your charge back and if you talk to customer service / give them the explanation that your waited 3+ months you should't be charged.

FORGESTAR WHEELS USA
1161 N. Knollwood Cir.
Anaheim, CA 92801

BTW Forgestar does Will-Call pickups, if you want to save some cash, don't do shipping just drive down.

People call me the "scorched-earth" guy. I have expectations that I keep open but hate to be fucked with.

If you want, ill be happy to come with. Tons of good food in that area.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #10
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Please keep us updated. I have a friend who had a set of gorgeous Forgestars on his E36 M3, and when he rolled it and bent the wheel badly, they still held air. Three rolls, and the wheel held up. He has kept the wheel and tire for 2 years now, and it is still at 35psi.

Quality wheels and tires are worth it!

I'm interested to see if this shakes out to be a Vivid or Forgestar issue.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote