follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #71
Eighty 6

Drives: Gt86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
REad everyone else's post who actually has an idea of what they are talking about vs spewing random marketing material that coincidentally don't even speak of the same deposits you mention.

It's like saying eating chicken causes cancer but linking to a article that speaks about the cancer risk of a piece of pork left to rot for weeks. (I know that makes little sense, but I didn't feel the need to find a very suitable example for you since you obviously can't be bothered to do any more research on the subject than link the first google articles that come up from your search result (paid results might I add which closely resemble marketing material... wonder why)
So youre saying that residue dosent accumulate at the bottom of our fuel tanks due to natural chemical reactions related to fuel and temperature fluctuations?How about I make you a thread that proves it does and you can prove me wrong there. You can give me as many chicken and pork examples as you like but fact remains fact. Shall I start the thread and we can go through it step by step?
Old 12-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #72
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty 6 View Post
Metal or sediments are heavier than fuel right? So as long as tank remains relatively full its not really a prob, but when you drive it with your fuel light on you risk some of that residue contaminating your fuel line. Off topic. Take itto the shotstorm thread
That makes no sense, re-read this and tell me that your logic isn't flawed.

How exactly is it that the fuel level would be the only deciding factor. If your argument is well the low fuel causes the residue to be able to rise to a max of 1-3 inches and that's where the residues are grabbed by the pump. My answer to that moronic statement would be that even if the fuel tank is full, that zone where residues may be prone to enter the fuel system is still filled with fuel so from a physics standpoint it would be impossible for you to claim that the entirety of the residues could not at some point be exactly where they would be in a almost empty tank.
-=fuel
+=residue
empty:+--+

Full: +-+-+-+-+-+

See how even in the full tank there would still be residues floating at the 3inch mark or the 2 inch mark whether fuel is full or not will not affect the presence of residue it can only affect the concentration of said residue in a specific zone. Therefore all your points are invalid and your arguments do not stand. Sorry, try again.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #73
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
This is getting good
Old 12-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #74
fumanchu1

Quote:
So youre saying that residue dosent accumulate at the bottom of our fuel tanks due to natural chemical reactions related to fuel and temperature fluctuations?How about I make you a thread that proves it does and you can prove me wrong there. You can give me as many chicken and pork examples as you like but fact remains fact. Shall I start the thread and we can go through it step by step?
How about you are the one that claimed that it does so the ONUS of proof is on you not me.

If you say the sky is pink not blue than it isn't my responsibility to prove that it's blue, it's yours to prove that it's pink. Which you haven't done, posting random articles that are semi-off topic and contain no credible sources and/or are not peer reviewed scientific papers do not count as proof, they just count as internet found written hearsay and would hold as much weight as the "my uncle told me" argument in any legal or professional setting.

Please try again once more
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (12-18-2015), Tcoat (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #75
fumanchu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
This is getting good
I've decided to revolt against idiocy, stupidity and bigotry this week.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (12-18-2015), KR-S (12-18-2015), Tcoat (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #76
Ashikabi

Quote:
In the last thread we were enemies but today we can be friends
Old 12-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #77
Eighty 6

Quote:
That makes no sense, re-read this and tell me that your logic isn't flawed.

How exactly is it that the fuel level would be the only deciding factor. If your argument is well the low fuel causes the residue to be able to rise to a max of 1-3 inches and that's where the residues are grabbed by the pump. My answer to that moronic statement would be that even if the fuel tank is full, that zone where residues may be prone to enter the fuel system is still filled with fuel so from a physics standpoint it would be impossible for you to claim that the entirety of the residues could not at some point be exactly where they would be in a almost empty tank.
-=fuel
+=residue
empty:+--+

Full: +-+-+-+-+-+

See how even in the full tank there would still be residues floating at the 3inch mark or the 2 inch mark whether fuel is full or not will not affect the presence of residue it can only affect the concentration of said residue in a specific zone. Therefore all your points are invalid and your arguments do not stand. Sorry, try again.
As the sediments are going through their transformation some particles tend to float near the bottom of the tank, and if you empty your tank enough there is a risk of those sediments going into your fuel system. Thats why you have to install fuel filters, otherwise why are they there?
Did I answer your question? And those sediments can sometimes be so fine that they go through that filter.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #78
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,522 Times in 18,923 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznKirby View Post
Yeah, I must say I haven't had any issues with bumper sag because my splitter is mounted to the chassis. I'm looking at doing something similar for my rear diffuser as well.

Good memory, Sir!
I was quite impressed with your workmanship.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #79
Ashikabi

Quote:
As the sediments are going through their transformation some particles tend to float near the bottom of the tank, and of you empty your tank enough there is a risk of those sediments going into your fuel system. Thats why you have to install fuel filters, otherwise why are they there?
Did I answer your question? And those sediments can sometimes be so fine that they go through that filter.
But isn't the fuel pick up in the same place full or empty? These sediments should be getting picked up at all times, not just when the tank is low
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
Cole (12-18-2015), fumanchu1 (12-18-2015), HunterGreene (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #80
Eighty 6

Quote:
How do you get off insulting people without being banned?
Old 12-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #81
Eighty 6

Quote:
But isn't the fuel pick up in the same place full or empty? These sediments should be getting picked up at all times, not just when the tank is low
When you let your fuel level go down you raise the risk of those sediments getting through to your fuel system. Magic.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #82
Ashikabi

Quote:
When you let your fuel level go down you raise the risk of those sediments getting through to your fuel system. Magic.
But how is the risk raised? If they always float in the same region, the quantity of fuel above them(ie how full your tank is) won't affect their concentration. If they are high enough in the tank to get picked up when it's low they are high enough when it's full
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
fumanchu1 (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #83
Eighty 6

Quote:
Please read other posts which mention your uncle is talking from his ass. K thanks, bye now.

Why do people ask questions if they are going to dispute and refuse to accept the answer that is provided to their question. I mean if your just gonna end up believing your pre-made bs explanation why ask for the answer, you aren't even going to listen to it when it is given to you... Wait are you guys just doing that so hopefully someone will say the same dumb shit and you can both live ever happily after since you were both able to solidify what you thought was correct even if it is very wrong.
Arent you the same guy that stops his car uphill by using his clutch and gas in traffic instead of his handbrake? I wont bother.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #84
Eighty 6

Quote:
But how is the risk raised? If they always float in the same region, the quantity of fuel above them(ie how full your tank is) won't affect their concentration. If they are high enough in the tank to get picked up when it's low they are high enough when it's full
Ive posted some useful links, have a look.

Closed Thread