follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #57
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Drives: 2013 SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonBLUE View Post
the stops are important. I will be at the thursday night meet. as im sure a lot of us will. I think we should wait then to finalize everything like last year and add it to the first post before the end of the night so everyone knows whats going on for friday. also, im sure others just want to be along for the ride and don't care which way we go.
Agreed! I know you, shneegle, Texaz boy, and I will be at the Thursday night meet so if anything we can figure it out!
Husker BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Husker BRZ For This Useful Post:
carbonBLUE (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:19 PM   #58
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
Okay everybody! We are only a few days away!
@Shneegle @carbonBLUE @Dustin @Ramster @Texaz Boy @ZachTTerrell @Rulin

I know shneegle,carbonBLUE, Texas Boy and I will be at the Thursday night meet. We will be discussing and finalizing the plans for the drive down on Friday! For anyone who doesn't make it I will post up what changes were made if any. So be sure to check late Thursday night or first thing Friday morning in case anything did change! I will tag everyone when I post about the changes so hopefully it notifies you!
Rulin (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #59
mr blue

Drives: 2015 fr-s
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
OK theirs been a change of heart at work ill be leaving around 3 from downtown fort worth driving like a mad man to try to catch y'all this is going to be awesome
mr blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr blue For This Useful Post:
Husker BRZ (08-05-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #60
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
When ya'll figure out your ETA, let me know. Getting over to Boerne Toyota at 5PM is a bit of a challenge with rush hour cross town 1604 traffic IMO. Seems kinda early. Whereabouts is the hotel ya'll got in mind? Zubit and I were considering dining out somewhere as well but, he won't be out of class until after 6:00. There's a Mattenga's pizza (more of a mom & pop place - fresh ingredients) over in my area on FM3009 near Walmart and it's really good stuff if you're coming down IH35 and want to stop for food before heading to Boerne. Picked up a Supreme there this evening and it was awesome!
Old 08-05-2015, 06:10 AM   #61
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post
When ya'll figure out your ETA, let me know. Getting over to Boerne Toyota at 5PM is a bit of a challenge with rush hour cross town 1604 traffic IMO. Seems kinda early. Whereabouts is the hotel ya'll got in mind? Zubit and I were considering dining out somewhere as well but, he won't be out of class until after 6:00. There's a Mattenga's pizza (more of a mom & pop place - fresh ingredients) over in my area on FM3009 near Walmart and it's really good stuff if you're coming down IH35 and want to stop for food before heading to Boerne. Picked up a Supreme there this evening and it was awesome!
Thanks for the tip! I will be staying in kerrvile Friday night at the same place as last year. Food wise, I think we might eat after the meet

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #62
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post
We should have a rough idea late Thursday night after our local monthly meet. Otherwise I'm sure one of us could update this from the road on Friday since most of the timing will depend on our luck with traffic lol
Old 08-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #63
Ramster

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Hey guys,

I would count me out of the caravan unless something changes in the next couple of days. We're planning on taking 281 straight to Kerrville instead of taking 35 and having to cross san antonio and drive back up north passed Boerne.
Ramster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramster For This Useful Post:
Husker BRZ (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #64
Jake_86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonBLUE View Post

also @Jake_86 are you attending?
Unfortunately no. I have to work but next year probably. I'll be at the Thursday meet tho.

Live Fast, Die Young.
Jake_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jake_86 For This Useful Post:
carbonBLUE (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #65
cjoe

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The meet at Toyota of Boerne is at 6:00 pm for the shirts and go eat afterwards. They no the area for places to eat. 8/7/2015
cjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:14 PM   #66
Zubit

Drives: 15-BRZ/65-Fastback
Since I'm terrible and can't tag anyone... Extreme86, Shneegle, Husker_BRZ,
I might get lucky and get out of class early on Friday. We've got our assessment going on that day and the hope is that we make it out early... the instructor is game, but it really just depends on us (the class) tomorrow. So, I might be able to make it to the Toyota event, but don't count on it too much... if I do I will be killing the FR-S/BRZ trend... in lieu of that wherever the food meet is at I will be driving my Mustang... and hoping there isn't much traffic.

Friday is going to be my last ride in her while in Texas. I'm losing her this weekend as she is making a trip back to California for work and storage. That being the case I will probably smell like gas and exhaust fumes so... hopefully that won't bother people that are sensitive to smell. Unless you don't want her there [insert sad face] in which case I will still show up and destroy the trend.
Zubit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #67
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubit View Post
Since I'm terrible and can't tag anyone... Extreme86, Shneegle, Husker_BRZ,
I might get lucky and get out of class early on Friday. We've got our assessment going on that day and the hope is that we make it out early... the instructor is game, but it really just depends on us (the class) tomorrow. So, I might be able to make it to the Toyota event, but don't count on it too much... if I do I will be killing the FR-S/BRZ trend... in lieu of that wherever the food meet is at I will be driving my Mustang... and hoping there isn't much traffic.

Friday is going to be my last ride in her while in Texas. I'm losing her this weekend as she is making a trip back to California for work and storage. That being the case I will probably smell like gas and exhaust fumes so... hopefully that won't bother people that are sensitive to smell. Unless you don't want her there [insert sad face] in which case I will still show up and destroy the trend.

I think we can handle the smells and mustang of course if we have to lol But once we discuss our plans tonight for our drive down and finalize them I will tag you in the post as well, so you can check back late tonight (after 11) to be on the safe side or early tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if we will have a dinner place picked out but we may have a few options that get decided on Friday on our way down since it may depend on our route and/or any traffic we run into. Or any unsuspected stops like we had to make last year after we had somebody hit a pretty big piece of debris on 35 and damage their car.

Either way at least one of us will try to keep everyone in the loop on what's going on!
Old 08-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #68
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

Drives: 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
there is a bbq place down the road from the meet up place that has an area big enough for all of us to eat at, Rudy's BBQ. just throwing out a suggestion
Old 08-06-2015, 12:12 PM   #69
Shneegle

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVR_RUN View Post
there is a bbq place down the road from the meet up place that has an area big enough for all of us to eat at, Rudy's BBQ. just throwing out a suggestion
That could work.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #70
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
@Shneegle
@carbonBLUE
@Dustin
@Ramster
@Texaz Boy
@ZachTTerrell
@Rulin
@mr blue
@Extreme86
@Zubit

After discussing things tonight we are going to stick with our route down 35. For dinner we plan on going to the Rudy's that is just down I-10 from the Toyota of Boerne.

For everyone who is meeting at the meeting point for our departure we plan to be ready to leave shortly after 12. THe parking lot we are meeting at is a kroger so if you need any last minute things you can run into kroger and get it, there is also a shell gas station across the street for those who need to fill up before we leave.

So if you are coming please be there as close to 12 as possible otherwise let us know on this thread if you are running late or won't make it so we know who not to wait for.

Ramster I know you won't be there since you'll be taking 281, just let me know if that changes!

Thanks everybody! It's finally here!!
Extreme86 (08-07-2015)