follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 11-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #29
Alpha86

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Red FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've never had an issue removing the exhaust from my car, however I bought a used Berk muffler delete from someone and it came with the stock mid pipe. I was just gonna use the Berk pipe and the mid pipe that was already on the car, but separating the pipes I bought was a huge PITA. Bolts wouldn't turn at all and I thought they were seized. Used WD-40 and bought a propane torch - still BARELY worked, and not before stripping a nut and having to use an extractor, AND bending a Harbor Freight ratchet. The bolt threads were all messed up, crossed, etc. Not sure if that was due to the previous owner over tightening or cross threading the nut, or me trying to take it off.
Alpha86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #30
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 20,882 Times in 11,557 Posts
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha86 View Post
I've never had an issue removing the exhaust from my car, however I bought a used Berk muffler delete from someone and it came with the stock mid pipe. I was just gonna use the Berk pipe and the mid pipe that was already on the car, but separating the pipes I bought was a huge PITA. Bolts wouldn't turn at all and I thought they were seized. Used WD-40 and bought a propane torch - still BARELY worked, and not before stripping a nut and having to use an extractor, AND bending a Harbor Freight ratchet. The bolt threads were all messed up, crossed, etc. Not sure if that was due to the previous owner over tightening or cross threading the nut, or me trying to take it off.
Sounds like it was cutting torch time -

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote