follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #561
Sh1FTy

Drives: Toyota 86 Pegasus White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone know if this will fit with the Invidia R400?
Old 09-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #562
VerusEric

Drives: BRZ, STI, GT350R, Supra, 987.2
Thanked 2,529 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionworks View Post
Has anyone tried to fit an Invidia Gemini exhaust with one of these? I'm guessing no since the mufflers are stacked on top of one another and hang pretty low...
If you could e-mail us some photos and possibly some measurements, we can help see if this will fit! The muffler definitely hangs down pretty far, but our diffuser also can hang pretty low to fit with some fairly large exhausts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchamochi View Post
Will the aggressive fit the fujitsubo? Someone posted that the non aggressive fit with their fujitsubo authorize r, but I didn't see it on the list of confirmed fitments.
Both aggressive and non-aggressive fit the exact same. Looking at photos online, I don't see you having an issue with fitment. The closest part would be the location under the rear subframe but it appears that our cutout should work with no trimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1FTy View Post
Does anyone know if this will fit with the Invidia R400?
See above, if someone could send us some images with measurements we could possibly confirm fitment.

We had a few people send in some photos and figured I would share them. The new Tomei dual exit that came out or is coming out soon, fits with the diffuser.

We also had a customer in California that modified our diffuser with his RS/TRD rear bumper which came out awesome in my opinion! Had to share.

I apologize for missing the comments in this thread, I didn't receive the typical notifications that I am accustomed to. I will resubscribe and hopefully, that will notify me moving forward .

Thanks,
Eric
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VerusEric For This Useful Post:
Crashdummy (09-17-2018), DustinS (10-15-2018), Irace86.2.0 (09-26-2018), johan (09-17-2018), JonAvalon (10-15-2018), kevaughan (03-18-2022)
Old 09-26-2018, 12:06 AM   #563
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
That diffuser modded on the TRD end looks awesome.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #564
spicyricecake

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Performance Package
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerusEric View Post
If you could e-mail us some photos and possibly some measurements, we can help see if this will fit! The muffler definitely hangs down pretty far, but our diffuser also can hang pretty low to fit with some fairly large exhausts.

Thanks,
Eric

Here are some pics of my r400. I don't have any measurements handy though.
I thought I saw on the website that fitment was confirmed for r400. I hate how the exhaust hangs below, so I wanted your diffuser to clean up the look.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #565
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicyricecake View Post

Here are some pics of my r400. I don't have any measurements handy though.
I thought I saw on the website that fitment was confirmed for r400. I hate how the exhaust hangs below, so I wanted your diffuser to clean up the look.
The 400 came out not too long ago; so we haven't confirmed it either way yet.

If you could send us an e-mail (sales@verus-engineering.com) we can work with you on some measurements and hopefully make a well-educated guess on if it will fit or not .

Thanks,
Eric
Old 10-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #566
5H1F7Y

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I Will probably have my car up in the air this afternoon for a track day prep What measurements should i look for specifically on the r400? any reference points to use other than ground to exhaust?
Old 01-31-2019, 07:50 AM   #567
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H1F7Y View Post
I Will probably have my car up in the air this afternoon for a track day prep What measurements should i look for specifically on the r400? any reference points to use other than ground to exhaust?
Sorry Shifty, we missed this. If you could e-mail us we could get you some measurements to take to estimate clearance. Sales@verus-engineering.com.

We have a diagram we can send that will help as well.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 06-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #568
ozafar

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS Release Series 1.0
Eric,

I ordered my non-aggressive diffuser today. I am amazed how that custoemr managed to customize it to fit the bumper! Do you have any more details on how he did it?

I also had another thought. I was told that there are multiple spacer sizes available to fit differnet exhausts. Assuming it fits, would you say that using the smallest spacer/no spacer would provide the most downforce?

Since the "rake" angle would be the most, compared to using the biggest spacer?

Including some before pics. Will install as soon as I get it.

Omer
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #569
SkyeHack

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Will this fit my butt?

Greddy EVO GT

Old 06-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #570
Chuckls
Moutain Runner

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It will not fit an evoGT. I'm in Tampa if you want to remove mine and test fit anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeHack View Post
Will this fit my butt?

Greddy EVO GT

**tS image**

Last edited by Chuckls; 06-15-2019 at 10:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuckls For This Useful Post:
SkyeHack (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #571
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozafar View Post
Eric,

I ordered my non-aggressive diffuser today. I am amazed how that custoemr managed to customize it to fit the bumper! Do you have any more details on how he did it?

I also had another thought. I was told that there are multiple spacer sizes available to fit differnet exhausts. Assuming it fits, would you say that using the smallest spacer/no spacer would provide the most downforce?

Since the "rake" angle would be the most, compared to using the biggest spacer?

Including some before pics. Will install as soon as I get it.

Omer
The angle of the rear diffuser does not change as the front is slotted and the spacers translate the entire diffuser vertically. We did this as we found the difference in even a few degrees changed downforce and drag.

I'm assuming you're talking about the white one a few posts before yours. I have no idea how the customer modified it to the bumper. It is quite impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeHack View Post
Will this fit my butt?

Greddy EVO GT

It will fit the tS bumper. I do not believe it will fit an EVO GT based off photos.

Thanks,
Eric
The Following User Says Thank You to VerusEric For This Useful Post:
SkyeHack (06-15-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #572
ozafar

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS Release Series 1.0
Install went relatively smoothly. Some notes:

1. I'd recommend getting either longer bolts (the lower sway bar bushing bolt) or use a clamp like I did, to bring the bushing cover closer so the screw can make contact.

2. Perhaps it was due to the release series, but both of my rivet nuts were off by half an inch. Didn't really matter, I drilled 2 new holes, took only a couple minutes extra.

3. Was the kit supposed to come with only 4 nuts? I had to use 4 extra to attach the 2 slotted brackets to the diffuser itself. Not a problem, just that I expected the hardware to be included.

All in all, a relatively good install. Super happy with the fit and finish. Must not be easy to design a functional yet clean looking diffuser, I found most of the other ones on the market look like an add-on, rather than an integrated part of the car. So quite happy with the results.

Also, I used the smallest spacer.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2019, 03:16 PM   #573
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozafar View Post
Install went relatively smoothly. Some notes:

1. I'd recommend getting either longer bolts (the lower sway bar bushing bolt) or use a clamp like I did, to bring the bushing cover closer so the screw can make contact.

2. Perhaps it was due to the release series, but both of my rivet nuts were off by half an inch. Didn't really matter, I drilled 2 new holes, took only a couple minutes extra.

3. Was the kit supposed to come with only 4 nuts? I had to use 4 extra to attach the 2 slotted brackets to the diffuser itself. Not a problem, just that I expected the hardware to be included.

All in all, a relatively good install. Super happy with the fit and finish. Must not be easy to design a functional yet clean looking diffuser, I found most of the other ones on the market look like an add-on, rather than an integrated part of the car. So quite happy with the results.

Also, I used the smallest spacer.
The hardware should come with (8) total serrated stainless nuts. If it did not, we made a mistake. Please send us an e-mail and we can ship you the nuts owed (sales@verus-engineering.com).

Glad the install went smoothly otherwise and it looks great.

It was difficult to design for sure. We do our best to design in aesthetics with function .

Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #574
le_p

Drives: 86 GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerusEric View Post
The 400 came out not too long ago; so we haven't confirmed it either way yet.

If you could send us an e-mail (sales@verus-engineering.com) we can work with you on some measurements and hopefully make a well-educated guess on if it will fit or not .

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric, Are you able to confirm whether (either of) the diffusers fit the R400 without cutting? Thanks.

Closed Thread