follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2016, 01:43 AM   #477
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roneezy View Post
What should I do?... I don't want my engine to die or anything lol.

OK sorry for not responding quick enough I've been busy with school work and such
@steve99 There may not be a glitch with this persons logs after all

It looks pretty bad honestly you should go back to the non OFH tunes if that's what you're currently running, or go back to stage 2 91 octane (those ones showed the same issue here so hold on that), the current tune does not seem safe at all.

What's weird looking back on the other datalogs is you had a similar issue with knock and low advance multiplier.

Make extra sure you are using the highest top tier octane fuel you have available

For many reasons:

1) Your IAM is at 0.34 most of the time in the second log its at .5 , this means lower quality fuel, are you running the highest octane you can get? In cali I believe it is 91
2) You have quite a bit of knock going on, because of the fueling issue.

Bottom line go back to the tune you were running before stage 2 and before the OFH tune, something is seriously an issue and you really need an e-tune
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Roneezy (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 02:04 AM   #478
Roneezy

Drives: Scion FRS Halo White 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
OK sorry for not responding quick enough I've been busy with school work and such
@steve99 There may not be a glitch with this persons logs after all

It looks pretty bad honestly you should go back to the non OFH tunes if that's what you're currently running, or go back to stage 2 91 octane (those ones showed the same issue here so hold on that), the current tune does not seem safe at all.

What's weird looking back on the other datalogs is you had a similar issue with knock and low advance multiplier.

Make extra sure you are using the highest top tier octane fuel you have available

For many reasons:

1) Your IAM is at 0.34 most of the time in the second log its at .5 , this means lower quality fuel, are you running the highest octane you can get? In cali I believe it is 91
2) You have quite a bit of knock going on, because of the fueling issue.

Bottom line go back to the tune you were running before stage 2 and before the OFH tune, something is seriously an issue and you really need an e-tune

Thanks for the info man.

91 is the highest I can get in San Diego, I have been running stage 2 UEL 91 AT tune.

I only use Chevron 91 too.

I guess maybe I'll go tune back to Stage 1? Lol damnit I just want to be able to enjoy my new headers and have a tune that isn't hurting my car.

Last edited by Roneezy; 04-29-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Roneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:14 AM   #479
Killadelphia

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Thanks for the info man.

91 is the highest I can get in San Diego, I have been running stage 2 UEL 91 AT tune.

I guess maybe I'll go tune back to Stage 1? Lol damnit I just want to be able to enjoy my new headers and have a tune that isn't hurting my car.
You really should read the posts linked in steve99 and wayno's signatures. There is Lot of good information in there that could help you to not kill your engine.

Also this that is related to the stage 2 tunes that shiv only recently (within a week) released, he said they are tuned aggressively and specifically for the OpenFlash header. If you are using those (The link that has April as the date and says 1.01) you should really try a Stage 2 UEL 91 octane tune from the standard OTS tunes (The file that has a date from March and says 2.076) those are more suitable to use with any non OFH header.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Killadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:24 AM   #480
Roneezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killadelphia View Post
You really should read the posts linked in steve99 and wayno's signatures. There is Lot of good information in there that could help you to not kill your engine.

Also this that is related to the stage 2 tunes that shiv only recently (within a week) released, he said they are tuned aggressively and specifically for the OpenFlash header. If you are using those (The link that has April as the date and says 1.01) you should really try a Stage 2 UEL 91 octane tune from the standard OTS tunes (The file that has a date from March and says 2.076) those are more suitable to use with any non OFH header.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'll check out steve99 and waynos posts, didn't see that. Thank you!

Also I'm running the Stage 2 UEL 91 tune that I downloaded from February, not the recent one.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:49 AM   #481
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
I'll check out steve99 and waynos posts, didn't see that. Thank you!

Also I'm running the Stage 2 UEL 91 tune that I downloaded from February, not the recent one.
OK THAT CLEARS THIS UP this entire time with the sketchy logs have all been the Stage 2 UEL 91 tune not the specific new OFH tunes this entire thread is about, in which case you posted your logs and questions in the wrong place which honestly is no big deal

You have 3 options that I see:

1) Get an e-tune ($200) also one of the two easiest options contacting shiv and sending datalogs to his specifications and having him sort it out and send tailor made tunes till the issues disappear
2) Reading Wayno and Steve99 info on DIY tuning and figuring out the issues yourself and tailoring the tune yourself, more work but is gratifying when you figure out romraiders quirks
3) Running the Stage 1 91 octane tune and disabling the P0420 diagnostic code in romraider and running that.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Roneezy (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 02:56 AM   #482
Roneezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
OK THAT CLEARS THIS UP this entire time with the sketchy logs have all been the Stage 2 UEL 91 tune not the specific new OFH tunes this entire thread is about, in which case you posted your logs and questions in the wrong place which honestly is no big deal

You have 3 options that I see:

1) Get an e-tune ($200) also one of the two easiest options contacting shiv and sending datalogs to his specifications and having him sort it out and send tailor made tunes till the issues disappear
2) Reading Wayno and Steve99 info on DIY tuning and figuring out the issues yourself and tailoring the tune yourself, more work but is gratifying when you figure out romraiders quirks
3) Running the Stage 1 91 octane tune and disabling the P0420 diagnostic code in romraider and running that.
Youre awesome.

I posted here because I didn't know where else to post... the custom tuning is only $200? On the website its $245. Do you have the hook up for $200?

I took a quick glance at this whole DIY tuning and I would feel more comfortable letting Shiv take care of it... I don't want my car to blow up or anything lol.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:58 AM   #483
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Youre awesome.

I posted here because I didn't know where else to post... the custom tuning is only $200? On the website its $245. Do you have the hook up for $200?

I took a quick glance at this whole DIY tuning and I would feel more comfortable letting Shiv take care of it... I don't want my car to blow up or anything lol.

Damn, it looks like they updated the price, turns out it is $245 sorry for getting your hopes up PM shiv here:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/member.php?u=59215

and contact them through the contact form to confirm what they can do explain the situation and they could give you a slight discount:

http://www.openflashtablet.com/contact/

In my book if you're staying N/A and you're done a majority of your engine mods $245 is well worth the price for peace of mind.

Roneezy (04-29-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 06:21 AM   #484
headlikeahole

Drives: Ultramarine toyobaru
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I gotta say I am super impressed with this tune!

Installed my OFH and went right to the Stage2 OFH tune so I can't compare with the Stage2 UEL tune. However I can comment on how smoothly the tune has been running. Ive done several hard pulls and a variety of driving and so far I have only had my IAM dip to .95 once when going WOT in 5th. Compared to the Stage 1 tune which took a ton of adjusting to get IAM 1 this one was a breeze.

It's been quite cold here which may be helping, Ill be data logging some more once the hot weather comes but for now this tune is running perfectly. Great job!
headlikeahole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to headlikeahole For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-30-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 02:42 PM   #485
oldgunfan

Drives: 2014 BRZ sterling silver
Quote:
Thanks for the info man.

I only use Chevron 91 too.

Don't go to a stage 1 maybe you should try E85. from what I hear E-85 in Cali is pretty good you will gain about 10hp over 93oct tune. fuel mileage is bad though. anyway I would go that way before i took my header off and went stage 1
oldgunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldgunfan For This Useful Post:
Roneezy (04-30-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #486
Roneezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgunfan View Post
Don't go to a stage 1 maybe you should try E85. from what I hear E-85 in Cali is pretty good you will gain about 10hp over 93oct tune. fuel mileage is bad though. anyway I would go that way before i took my header off and went stage 1
I found out the problem was using Chevron... I thought Chevron was good but apparently the Ethanol in it is low and that was what was causing all this engine knocking.

I switched over to Shell now and along with the switch, the crickets have returned. I'll learn the ways of loving crickets lol, haven't heard these guys for half a year now.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #487
WRBrzRX

Drives: runs&drives
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Gruppe S, feels excellent, I'll stay switched back from e85 until the next track day.
WRBrzRX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WRBrzRX For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-30-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 08:11 PM   #488
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
I found out the problem was using Chevron... I thought Chevron was good but apparently the Ethanol in it is low and that was what was causing all this engine knocking.

I switched over to Shell now and along with the switch, the crickets have returned. I'll learn the ways of loving crickets lol, haven't heard these guys for half a year now.

Hey! AWESOME!!! Told you to try top tier gas like BP or Shell, post a datalog to double check and try the OFH tunes now.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #489
eSOLOR

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Can you guys check out my new log? I posted my last log in another thread and people said it looked good just a little rich. I'm on the OFH tune with an OFH and drop in filter.

http://www.datazap.me/u/ernesteaux/l...-5-10-11-12-14

My flkc drops a couple of times. It stayed at 0 on my previous log. My previous log is below.

http://www.datazap.me/u/ernesteaux/l...=0&data=1-5-12
eSOLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #490
headlikeahole

Drives: Ultramarine toyobaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSOLOR View Post
Can you guys check out my new log? I posted my last log in another thread and people said it looked good just a little rich. I'm on the OFH tune with an OFH and drop in filter.

http://www.datazap.me/u/ernesteaux/l...-5-10-11-12-14

My flkc drops a couple of times. It stayed at 0 on my previous log. My previous log is below.

http://www.datazap.me/u/ernesteaux/l...=0&data=1-5-12

Typically this kind of knock will correlate to a combination of a specific engine load and rpm. In the first log you can see that your load at 7000+ was around 1.3. The reason this knock doesn't appear in the other log could be because the loads were slightly lower at those rpm.

If you are consistently seeing FLKC over 1 - 1.5 at those rpm then it might be worth pulling a bit of timing. However unless your at a track day this probably wont be an issue.
headlikeahole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to headlikeahole For This Useful Post:
eSOLOR (05-01-2016)