follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #2143
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
I went; took the gf with me. It was pretty terrible weather so there wasn't too much to look at. I just picked up my GrimmSpeed Hood struts (WHICH FU#%ING RULE @GrimmSpeed !) and left.

Now my hood is much happier and the hood prop is gone from my car.
Nice I keep meaning to get some of their hood struts. I should just order them.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #2144
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Nice I keep meaning to get some of their hood struts. I should just order them.
You're welcome to check them out on my car, but if you just bought them I'm positive you won't be disappointed.

Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chupacabra For This Useful Post:
neutron256 (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #2145
Starscream15

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ - DGM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
First World Problems

So before I go all ape-shit on FA20Club.com and cancel my header order, I want to know if I'm being unreasonable. Here's the story...

July 13th I order the EL Catted header and Perrin intake tube. Paid in Full. They immediately shipped out the tube. I was pleased!

July 27th-ish FA20 releases their UEL Header. I call them and ask if I can change my order to the UEL. (FYI, they say this order change wont affect the time it takes to fill the order.)

Granted, when I placed the order they said there was at least a 4 week lead time on the header, so I waited 6 weeks before contacting them for status. Reason being was I wanted to see if I could have the parts by the weekend of Sept. 8 (Proving Grounds). FA20 said they had some headers done but they were out getting coated. FA20 had me check status with them on the 6th, unfortunately they would not be able to get the part out in time. No big deal to me really, I figured it would be shipped out and I'd get it the next week (Since it was being coated, right?). Dude tells me he will update my paypal payment with the tracking number as soon as he gets it shipped. SWEET, Right?!....

Skip ahead one week (Sept. 13th). I still hadn't seen anything for tracking info, so I figured I'd call. Left a VM, no call back. It was a Friday so I was patient. Come middle of the week last week, still no call back. I called on Wednesday and got the guy on the phone. I know he remembers me, he knows my name. He says oh hey! I just got a couple headers back from the coater, I should have yours ready to ship out today or tomorrow (18th or 19th). At this point I'm steaming inside and want to rip the guy a new one. He's always been nice on the phone so I play nice and we end the call.

Now here's my dilemma.

The mistake I've made to this point was not being the squeeky wheel. Reason I feel that is they were ready to try to get one out to me the first week of September so I could have the header for Proving Grounds. At that point I *could* have been called the squeeky wheel and they were willing to ship one out to shut me up and probably screw over a different customer. This header is also a part of their Turbo Kit. Meaning, that's a big money maker and I'm sure they are prioritizing those orders and I'm getting pushed back.

The thing that steams me the most is I placed this order a few weeks after the first day of summer and now I'm about 4 weeks till the car goes into storage and will not likely get to enjoy the part. I gave them 13xx bux 2.5 months ago and I keep getting pushed back?

First world problems, right?
Starscream15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream15 For This Useful Post:
neutron256 (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #2146
neutron256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream15 View Post
So before I go all ape-shit on FA20Club.com and cancel my header order, I want to know if I'm being unreasonable. Here's the story...

July 13th I order the EL Catted header and Perrin intake tube. Paid in Full. They immediately shipped out the tube. I was pleased!

July 27th-ish FA20 releases their UEL Header. I call them and ask if I can change my order to the UEL. (FYI, they say this order change wont affect the time it takes to fill the order.)

Granted, when I placed the order they said there was at least a 4 week lead time on the header, so I waited 6 weeks before contacting them for status. Reason being was I wanted to see if I could have the parts by the weekend of Sept. 8 (Proving Grounds). FA20 said they had some headers done but they were out getting coated. FA20 had me check status with them on the 6th, unfortunately they would not be able to get the part out in time. No big deal to me really, I figured it would be shipped out and I'd get it the next week (Since it was being coated, right?). Dude tells me he will update my paypal payment with the tracking number as soon as he gets it shipped. SWEET, Right?!....

Skip ahead one week (Sept. 13th). I still hadn't seen anything for tracking info, so I figured I'd call. Left a VM, no call back. It was a Friday so I was patient. Come middle of the week last week, still no call back. I called on Wednesday and got the guy on the phone. I know he remembers me, he knows my name. He says oh hey! I just got a couple headers back from the coater, I should have yours ready to ship out today or tomorrow (18th or 19th). At this point I'm steaming inside and want to rip the guy a new one. He's always been nice on the phone so I play nice and we end the call.

Now here's my dilemma.

The mistake I've made to this point was not being the squeeky wheel. Reason I feel that is they were ready to try to get one out to me the first week of September so I could have the header for Proving Grounds. At that point I *could* have been called the squeeky wheel and they were willing to ship one out to shut me up and probably screw over a different customer. This header is also a part of their Turbo Kit. Meaning, that's a big money maker and I'm sure they are prioritizing those orders and I'm getting pushed back.

The thing that steams me the most is I placed this order a few weeks after the first day of summer and now I'm about 4 weeks till the car goes into storage and will not likely get to enjoy the part. I gave them 13xx bux 2.5 months ago and I keep getting pushed back?

First world problems, right?
You still don't have it?! Personally I would give them one last call and say you need it shipped today or tomorrow, and they need to provide a tracking number to confirm it's been shipped. If they can't do that then get your money back.

I've heard really good stuff about FA20club, but also there seem to be several stories like yours where they just seem to forget about someone's order.

Good luck.
Starscream15 (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #2147
neutron256

Anyone going to rice killers tonight?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #2148
Starscream15

Garage
Quote:
Me! This time I'm going to remember to bring a couple chairs.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #2149
neutron256

Quote:
Me! This time I'm going to remember to bring a couple chairs.
Cool. I'm going to check out an Impreza after work and time permitting I'll swing by after that.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #2150
Starscream15

Garage
Quote:
Cool. I'm going to check out an Impreza after work and time permitting I'll swing by after that.
Let me know when you're heading over there. I dont want to be all by myself with a bunch of skittles.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #2151
neutron256

Quote:
Let me know when you're heading over there. I dont want to be all by myself with a bunch of skittles.
Taste the rainbow bitches! I'll probably be there around 7pm. I'll text you when I'm heading out.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #2152
M3GH4N

Drives: '13 FRS whiteout
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I went last week for about 10 minutes and left. That meet shouldn't be alive anymore...
M3GH4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #2153
neutron256

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GH4N View Post
I went last week for about 10 minutes and left. That meet shouldn't be alive anymore...
Yeah it's getting to be a pretty sad turnout. I think they need to work on better promotion. Even if you know about it it's hard to find information unless you know to look at their Facebook page.

This will probably be my last time going unless things pickup. Maybe they'll do better in the spring.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #2154
neutron256

The turnout at RK was a little better then the pas few weeks, but there seemed to be zero organization (not that there was a lot before). With it getting dark earlier, and no lighting in the parking lot it isn't exactly easy to look at cars but it was still fun hanging out chatting.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #2155
Alex C.

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380593451.250916.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  72.4 KB

A little fun shot.
Alex C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex C. For This Useful Post:
LeeMaster (10-01-2013), neutron256 (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #2156
Snoopy_TXR

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S & 2005 BSP X-Runner
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMaster View Post
Alright, so first of all I would like to say that it was a great pleasure with this car. It's reliable, it's fun, it's everything anyone could ever ask for. Just last night I got into an accident with the car. As I was entering the ramp heading up on 35e I ran over a piece of what looks to be a plastic fender / piece of tire or whatever it was and fishtailed the car and immediately got grip and spun out and destroyed a concrete barrier.

I dont know how I got out of there alive seeing as how I destroyed the barrier and broke it into pieces. It was probably a 60-70mph collision. I must say that this car is very well engineered and the Air bags was definitely what saved my ass, my knee is fine thanks to the knee airbag and the side air bags kept my head from moving around too much and protected my eyes from the shattered driver side window.

My full interior and engine bay is still full in tact but the rear passenger side is gone.

I was just glad that I was able to still walk after that horrific accident. I knew I shouldve avoided that debris on the road but I thought to myself that it would be ok so instead of dodging it like I should I ran over it like a retard and caused more damage than I anticipated. It was a stupid judgement on my side and if i could've done it again I would've just let it get under the middle and let it scrape the front bumper for all I care.

Honestly, I pity myself for letting this happen not only to my car but to myself and to my family who was not inside the vehicle at the time, thank god.

So here's from me to all of you, just be careful and make better judgements than I do. I dont know if I'll get another one of these cars, if insurance pays for my totalled loss I would probably get a house instead. My first year with you guys had been a blast and in a couple weeks I'll probably be parting out everything that I had..
Sorry to hear about your loss but the good thing is you're alive.
Mods: Buddy Club Racing Spec Coilovers, Enkei RPF1/17x9/5x100/+ 35, Potenza RE-71R 255/35/17, TRD Air Filter, 5:AD Spoiler, Beat-Sonic Shark Fin Antenna, PTuning DS-325 Cat Back Exhaust, FT86SF Catted UEL Header, Tanabe Overpipe, HKS Resonated Front Pipe, HKS GT V3 S/C, HKS Flash Editor, Full Blown Aluminum Radiator, 12" Radiator Slim Fans.
Snoopy_TXR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopy_TXR For This Useful Post:
LeeMaster (10-01-2013)