follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 12-16-2015, 05:06 AM   #169
FRS Justin

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
So does Ethanol, when it vaporizes, as does gasoline.

But, that's not how a nitrous system works. Atmospheric air has about a 21% oxygen concentration. Nitrous Oxide, on the other hand, breaks down into 33% oxygen concentration.

Furthermore, when Nitrous Oxide decomposes, the reaction is exothermic. In other words, when (2)N2O decomposes into 2N2 + O2, it ADDS heat to the intake charge (technically already under compression in the cylinder, and igniting). You confuse spraying liquid N2O into the intake tract, which cools the intake charge from evaporation, the same way fuel injection does.

The reason N2O adds power, is because it displaces atmospheric air with a molecule of higher oxygen content, which can be readily broken down to O2, and then combusted with fuel.
Hey Mike we are talking about a dry shot of NOS, we will move on to Wetshot next week lol It really gets good then

I know your intelligent Im not trying to Imply anything about that. I also don't expect you to know everything about NOS either since its not used in your line of work
FRS Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:44 AM   #170
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
Think about a 1000psi and -127 degree working together entering the cylinder at 900psi.
SMH
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
BRZoomTX (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 06:47 AM   #171
FRS Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
SMH
Are you saying its not coming out of the nozzle at 900psi lol

You really aren't man enough to admit your wrong....smh you even posted the facts I guess copy and paste caught up with you...
its ok have it your way 300hp stock bottom end N/A fa20s exist, stock rods can handle high boost and everything we have debated about is true you win

Here read this if you still disagree it has 900 psi at the nozzle call the guys and tell them they are crazy...
http://www.badasscars.com/index.cfm/...rod/prd288.htm

and explain to everyone here where the 1000 psi goes leaving the tank to the end of the nozzle. I bet its magic huh.... smh

I can't Barney this down any lower someone else is going have to give you a physics lesson on flow and volume not to mention thermodynamics, to think you questioned my knowledge...sad indeed

How can you even have input on a subject when you don't understand the theory behind it is beyond me. That screams troll. Your like the talk show host Jerry Springer who feels out the room to see what the audience is thinking then takes it to the guest on the show.

If you want to learn you have to be humble and like you told me "think outside the box" It's best you stick to driving and leave engines to other people. Hell you thought NOS was plumbed in before the MAF lol

Last edited by FRS Justin; 12-16-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #172
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,518 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Per Webster dictionary

Definition of fact
  1. 1 : something that really exists or has occurred <Space travel is now a fact.> EX. People running high boost have broken rods is now a fact
  2. 2 : a true piece of information <“I just know for a fact that she has a huge family to feed!” — Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows EX. I just know for a fact people have broken rods under high boost.

If you can't see it now I can't help you
The sky is blue, the grass is green. Should I start a thread about aggressive alignments causing tires to wear unevenly?

This thread has done nothing to better the community.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:55 AM   #173
Andew727

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
The sky is blue, the grass is green. Should I start a thread about aggressive alignments causing tires to wear unevenly?

how about we just keep a discussion going on problems people have heard from with a reliable source or a personal experience. i chimed in on this thread because i have experience i had a failure to share with everyone to help the next person save some money. i do not understand what everyones malicious intent is for?
Andew727 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andew727 For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (12-16-2015), totopo (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #174
FRS Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post

You can if you want then people who don't have the knowledge you do on it can learn, but I'm sure that is a waste of your time.

People have taking this thread everywhere under the sun trying to prove something. Hell I am having a nitrous debate now which just blows me away. It was never made for the Type A Alpha males it was for the beginner who doesn't know. What is even worse is when they are wrong they keep coming back....

I'm not here to teach a bunch experts or so called experts anything, I'm here for the beginners.

P.S. Your first sentence was a fact......
Old 12-16-2015, 09:14 AM   #175
FRS Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
Spun a bearing on the Motor with a twin screw 700 miles after install. 150 miles after a new tune. Just saying. 7900 miles total. 12psi or so.
Oh damn sorry to here that
Old 12-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #176
xkalelx

Drives: 2013 BRZ black
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Trying to explain numbers and physics to some people... Sheesh

By definition, Nitrous CAN NOT be FI. You are not compressing the cylinders with NO2. There may be 1000psi at the bottle but you are relieving that pressure into an open air stream that gets drawn into the cylinder at effectively 0psi. You would need a turbocharger or supercharger to COMPRESS the cylinder volume. The argument of effective pressure and chemical reactions has no part in this equation.

Strap a leaf blower on your throttle body, its got to build boost right? Wrong. It may flow 300cfm, but its not compressing air in the cylinders. Youll never see 1psi by doing so.

Here is a real world test to confirm this "theory" into fact. Install an analog vacuum/boost gauge on your nitrous equipped car. You will see tons of fluctuation in vacuum from 20-0in/hg but you will never build positive pressure on the boost side of the gauge.

As for the 300hp NA motor, where is Chris? @celek Heres a link to build that he currently working on. Its quite impressive. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63901

xkalelx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xkalelx For This Useful Post:
Arcade_West (02-09-2016), BRZoomTX (12-16-2015), Bykov (02-15-2016), celek (12-16-2015), clayrush (12-16-2015), CSG Mike (12-16-2015), Edelbrock LLC (12-16-2015), johan (12-16-2015), Slysdexia (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 09:30 AM   #177
VirginiaBRZ

Drives: 2013 Brz WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
Spun a bearing on the Motor with a twin screw 700 miles after install. 150 miles after a new tune. Just saying. 7900 miles total. 12psi or so.
wow that sucks..... are you planning on rebuilding?
VirginiaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #178
FRS Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkalelx View Post

By definition, Nitrous CAN NOT be FI. You are not compressing the cylinders with NO2. There may be 1000psi at the bottle but you are relieving that pressure into an open air stream that gets drawn into the cylinder at effectively 0psi. You would need a turbocharger or supercharger to COMPRESS the cylinder volume. The argument of effective pressure and chemical reactions has no part in this equation.

Strap a leaf blower on your throttle body, its got to build boost right? Wrong. It may flow 300cfm, but its not compressing air in the cylinders. Youll never see 1psi by doing so.

Here is a real world test to confirm this "theory" into fact. Install an analog vacuum/boost gauge on your nitrous equipped car. You will see tons of fluctuation in vacuum from 20-0in/hg but you will never build positive pressure on the boost side of the gauge.

As for the 300hp NA motor, where is Chris? @celek Heres a link to build that he currently working on. Its quite impressive. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63901

Im not even going to argue with you smh
Old 12-16-2015, 09:44 AM   #179
Freeman

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Im not even going to argue with you smh

Why not? You've argued with everyone else.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Freeman For This Useful Post:
clayrush (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #180
FRS Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Why not? You've argued with everyone else.
Well if you can't even read the post to have a idea on what people are saying its a waste of time. A 300hp motor that's not even finished yet is the one another poster is talking about seeing on the dyno in 2013..Ya argue with someone like that..

Edit:

If you don't even know the definition of the word forced and you think it can only relates to something physical, no sense going down that rode

forced

(fɔːst)
adj1. done because of force; compulsory: forced labour.
2. false or unnatural: a forced smile.
3. due to an emergency or necessity: a forced landing.
4. (General Physics) physics caused by an external agency: a forced vibration; a forced draught.

forcedly adv ˈforcedness n

Last edited by FRS Justin; 12-16-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #181
xkalelx

Drives: 2013 BRZ black
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Edelbrock Performance Nitrous Systems Support

HOW DOES NITROUS OXIDE WORK?
As stated before, nitrous oxide is an oxidizer. An oxidizer supports combustion by supplying additional oxygen. Initially, the nitrous doesn't help the process. This is because as long as the one oxygen molecule is bonded to the two nitrogen molecules, the oxygen isn't free to aid combustion at all. Only after they've been exposed to the heat of the combustion process will the chemical bond be broken (the bond breaks around 570 degrees), allowing the free oxygen molecule to then contribute to the combustion process. Additional fuel is added along with the nitrous to maintain a stoichiometric air/fuel ratio. The end result is more horsepower being created pretty much the same way a blower or turbocharger does.
Words have meaning.

Quote:
You can if you want then people who don't have the knowledge you do on it can learn, but I'm sure that is a waste of your time.

People have taking this thread everywhere under the sun trying to prove something. Hell I am having a nitrous debate now which just blows me away. It was never made for the Type A Alpha males it was for the beginner who doesn't know. What is even worse is when they are wrong they keep coming back....

I'm not here to teach a bunch experts or so called experts anything, I'm here for the beginners.

P.S. Your first sentence was a fact......
Your propagation of misinformation is astounding and cancerous. There are at least 10 people here beating their heads against the wall in disagreement with your statements. I would take that as a sign that you missed something.
xkalelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #182
celek
Resident Gear Head

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkalelx View Post

I read the first page of this thread this morning then closed my browser, I do not feel like arguing today.

As for NOS the point of it is a more oxygen enriched environment using N2O and cleaner Oxygen with more fuel makes more power. In a perfect world pure oxygen could be used and make tons of power but also explode. verses the air in our atmosphere which contains the following compounds that make less power under combustion.
Nitrogen -- N2 -- 78.084%
Oxygen -- O2 -- 20.9476%
Argon -- Ar -- 0.934%
Carbon Dioxide -- CO2 -- 0.0314%
Neon -- Ne -- 0.001818%
Methane -- CH4 -- 0.0002%
Helium -- He -- 0.000524%
Krypton -- Kr -- 0.000114%
Hydrogen -- H2 -- 0.00005%
Xenon -- Xe -- 0.0000087%
Ozone -- O3 -- 0.000007%
Nitrogen Dioxide -- NO2 -- 0.000002%
Iodine -- I2 -- 0.000001%
Carbon Monoxide -- CO -- trace
Ammonia -- NH3 -- trace
With N2O you have pure Nitrogen and Oxygen in a stable form so 33.3333333333% oxygen vs 20% in our atmosphere resulting in needing more fuel for combustion making more power

Tags
kill brain cells, not facts