follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #57
RAN94A
Grand PooBah

Drives: Toyota 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^^ hahahah. this threads been moderated so its impossible to point out how much of a walking contradiction you are.

as i recall you started the hysterical "take it back!!!!" talk... not "hey maybe you should have a reasonable conversation with your dealer. about why that seems higher than usual."

Mont's 100% correct that without evidence you make comments as fact, which only stirs the pot and causes trouble. My comments stand.
RAN94A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAN94A For This Useful Post:
m0nty (12-05-2012), newft86 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
Panman

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
My dealer told me (prior to delivery) that they were taking it to the nearest servo that offered 98 RON to fill it up so my K's were accurate (and they warned me and made sure I had a nice full tank)

I'm happy.
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #59
omgwtfbbqsauce

Drives: BRZ
I got 14km's on the clock when i picked up my BRZ but they filled it up with 95!! They said it runs fine with 95's but either way I was still very happy with thier service and exceeded my expectations delivering more than what they promised me. (Tom Kerr Subaru)
omgwtfbbqsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #60
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lol dealers words is authority..
People, as soon as you realize that dealers are not there to be your friends, but to milk you for as much as possible, the better off you will be.. It's business, and it's money, and you are a cash cow
The good dliveries are smart ones done so you come back and give them more money later..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #61
RAN94A
Grand PooBah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
Lol dealers words is authority..
People, as soon as you realize that dealers are not there to be your friends, but to milk you for as much as possible, the better off you will be.. It's business, and it's money, and you are a cash cow
The good dliveries are smart ones done so you come back and give them more money later..

i have a great rapport with my dealer.. i trust him alot. Dealers are people too at the end of the day and yes they're there to do their job and make money but it doesnt also mean that friendships aren't able to be established.

I talk to my dealer about mods, things on forums and just the 86 in general. He actually has one on order that he's dead excited to get.

Any time i've had to have something done service related they go out of their way to accommodate me.

These guys got my money because they were the only dealership in sydney that i went to that actually still treated me like a respected customer despite having 86 orders piled up.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #62
trinitron

Drives: gts 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nty View Post
Read my first post. You know, the one you thanked. My Clio had 28kms at delivery. I dint care if someone took it for a run first. I've done 350kms now.

What if the dealer doesn't have a fuel pump and the nearest one is 4kms away. Would you want them to give you a car with an empty tank instead?
Their service bay should have enough petrol to put in the car. Would be stupid if they had to drive 4km everytime they needed petrol.
trinitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #63
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAN94A View Post

i have a great rapport with my dealer.. i trust him alot. Dealers are people too at the end of the day and yes they're there to do their job and make money but it doesnt also mean that friendships aren't able to be established.

I talk to my dealer about mods, things on forums and just the 86 in general. He actually has one on order that he's dead excited to get.

Any time i've had to have something done service related they go out of their way to accommodate me.

These guys got my money because they were the only dealership in sydney that i went to that actually still treated me like a respected customer despite having 86 orders piled up.
I was waiting for something along these lines. There are always exceptions, and your lucky, but what your dealer does for you is not the general case. It however should be. You should trust your dealer, you should be friends.
The salesman from Toyota near my house I was going to buy a 86 from is very good also, and he is also a exception, my point is that this is less common than being treated like crap. Nothing to do with individual dealerships but individual people.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #64
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

thats good to hear... there is good ones out there...

kinda the same with Real estate agents... sales in general .. truth has be to bent a bit some of the time, and yes they are just people... some good some bad... Most of the time, you only hear about the bad stuff not the good stuff.

I actually had a good experience with my dealership for order and delivery... Not so much when i got the free 1st service...
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #65
st162celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
I was waiting for something along these lines. There are always exceptions, and your lucky, but what your dealer does for you is not the general case. It however should be. You should trust your dealer, you should be friends.
The salesman from Toyota near my house I was going to buy a 86 from is very good also, and he is also a exception, my point is that this is less common than being treated like crap. Nothing to do with individual dealerships but individual people.
LOL few guys at dealership near me... had no idea about the 86 back in Feb/Mar? when i ordered... I just said .. thats ok dont worry about it and walked out.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #66
RAN94A
Grand PooBah

what monty and i have been getting at is the dealership is that the dealership deserves benefit of the doubt/right of reply rather than everyone jumping into hysterics and outrage because they make assumptions.

there is usually a reasonable explanation in the case of something unusual. Car has slightly higher km's avg fuel upon pick up it's likely not because people have been doing happy laps in your car.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAN94A For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (12-12-2012), newft86 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #67
st162celica

Quote:
what monty and i have been getting at is the dealership is that the dealership deserves benefit of the doubt/right of reply rather than everyone jumping into hysterics and outrage because they make assumptions.

there is usually a reasonable explanation in the case of something unusual. Car has slightly higher km's avg fuel upon pick up it's likely not because people have been doing happy laps in your car.
totally understand what you are saying...

Benefit of doubt can work for most people... not all people... especially if people have been burnt...

I have been burnt plenty of times..
Real estate agents
Car sales
Mechanics...
IT tech companies fixing PC's for people i know then me having to call them and demand they give money back to people for completely ripping them off for small virus issues.

In the end. its your hard earned money... Benefit of the doubt. yes, until you get burnt a few times and learn that you cant trust everyone...

Buyer beware... Very well known saying.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #68
os86

Drives: 2jz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What a useless thread... seriously

Looks like a lot of young kids on here
os86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #69
Roadliner

Drives: GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post
22 on mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine got thrashed...

i checked the average fuel consumption and it was at 20-25L /100

After about 100km ... it dropped to 10-11 L

so yes, mine got thrashed for the 1st 20km before i took delivery... FKN bAstards
Maybe they didnt thrash it, maybe it was sitting idling for a while (which is also bad for a new engine).
Roadliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #70
lazyluka

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I have to say I am very happy with my dealer.

6km when it arrived at dealer.
8km when I picked it up after pre delivery inspection.
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote