follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 PM   #1
Rogues Gambit
Member
 
Rogues Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Drives: '19 Ram Rebel, planning on a BRZ
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Posts: 59
Thanks: 56
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any other Authors here, or is it just me?

https://www.amazon.com/Sage-Mike-Fra...r=8-1-fkmrnull
https://m.comixology.com/Vice-9-1/di...S90cmFkZUl0ZW0
https://www.instagram.com/mikef_comics/

I didn't see anything related to this on here, so I figured why not create an authors thread, since I doubt I'm the only one.

Also, if anyone knows anything about marketing and promoting, I'd appreciate the help.

End goal with all these is to get 'em made into anime's and graphic novels, hbu?
Rogues Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogues Gambit For This Useful Post:
korhun (06-20-2019), weederr33 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:28 PM   #2
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,956
Thanks: 2,095
Thanked 1,472 Times in 917 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I have not tried to publish anything I've written accept a couple research articles in my field. Even then that was more local than anything. I am currently working on a book but had decided on the Amazon publishing and then advertising by word of mouth. Possibly via social media. But I figured I'd cross that bridge when I get there. I was planning to combine all of my short stories and publish them as an anthology.
__________________
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Rogues Gambit (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:49 PM   #3
Rogues Gambit
Member
 
Rogues Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Drives: '19 Ram Rebel, planning on a BRZ
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Posts: 59
Thanks: 56
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I have not tried to publish anything I've written accept a couple research articles in my field. Even then that was more local than anything. I am currently working on a book but had decided on the Amazon publishing and then advertising by word of mouth. Possibly via social media. But I figured I'd cross that bridge when I get there. I was planning to combine all of my short stories and publish them as an anthology.
That's awesome, good luck and lemme know when it's up

Ain't easy, but it's worth it in the end!
Rogues Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rogues Gambit For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,956
Thanks: 2,095
Thanked 1,472 Times in 917 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogues Gambit View Post
That's awesome, good luck and lemme know when it's up

Ain't easy, but it's worth it in the end!
Yeah it's a lot of work. Especially for someone who has never written such a lengthy piece. But you know, there is always hope of it being turned into a movie lmao Or just be accepted positively.
__________________
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Rogues Gambit (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
Rogues Gambit
Member
 
Rogues Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Drives: '19 Ram Rebel, planning on a BRZ
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Posts: 59
Thanks: 56
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Yeah it's a lot of work. Especially for someone who has never written such a lengthy piece. But you know, there is always hope of it being turned into a movie lmao Or just be accepted positively.
If Sharknado and twilight made it, I'm sure I'll be fine
Rogues Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rogues Gambit For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:08 PM   #6
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,956
Thanks: 2,095
Thanked 1,472 Times in 917 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogues Gambit View Post
If Sharknado and twilight made it, I'm sure I'll be fine
Brutal

But I feel people don't like originality these days. (not that my book is very original imo).
__________________
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Rogues Gambit (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #7
Rogues Gambit
Member
 
Rogues Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Drives: '19 Ram Rebel, planning on a BRZ
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Posts: 59
Thanks: 56
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Brutal

But I feel people don't like originality these days. (not that my book is very original imo).
I just write what I like, I mean, first book is kinda a wizard of Oz in the sense 4 heroes are off to see a great sage in a desert party town, except the villain doesn't die in the end and there's two follow ups, plus the cast here is more interesting
Rogues Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #8
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,956
Thanks: 2,095
Thanked 1,472 Times in 917 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogues Gambit View Post
I just write what I like, I mean, first book is kinda a wizard of Oz in the sense 4 heroes are off to see a great sage in a desert party town, except the villain doesn't die in the end and there's two follow ups, plus the cast here is more interesting
Same. I usually have some random idea or scenario pop into my head and then write it all down and it somehow forms a story. My favorite so far (beside my current big project) was called Tim and follows a boy who's house is set ablaze by dragons! It's fun because it plays on the childhood emotions of hiding under the bed sheets for an impending storm but takes the twist of dragons. I wrote two endings, a more acceptable and ominous ending (i.e. Twilight Zone-esq) and a darker and more grim ending. Other times I'll write something just to make fun of various genres.
__________________
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Rogues Gambit (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #9
Rogues Gambit
Member
 
Rogues Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Drives: '19 Ram Rebel, planning on a BRZ
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Posts: 59
Thanks: 56
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Same. I usually have some random idea or scenario pop into my head and then write it all down and it somehow forms a story. My favorite so far (beside my current big project) was called Tim and follows a boy who's house is set ablaze by dragons! It's fun because it plays on the childhood emotions of hiding under the bed sheets for an impending storm but takes the twist of dragons. I wrote two endings, a more acceptable and ominous ending (i.e. Twilight Zone-esq) and a darker and more grim ending. Other times I'll write something just to make fun of various genres.
I got 9 stories, 1 being the sequel and others more in our world

Gotta have fun and enjoy it, otherwise what's the point, bro?

Like em dark too, Sage there is full of Carnage and chaos, and even the Paladin's dark (Uses his shield like Captain America, except it decapitates enemies, and the Death Knight uses magic to turn flesh and blood of the death into health while skeletonizing corpses, plus with them is an assassin and a vampire whose more human than human)
Rogues Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #10
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,956
Thanks: 2,095
Thanked 1,472 Times in 917 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogues Gambit View Post
I got 9 stories, 1 being the sequel and others more in our world

Gotta have fun and enjoy it, otherwise what's the point, bro?

Like em dark too, Sage there is full of Carnage and chaos, and even the Paladin's dark (Uses his shield like Captain America, except it decapitates enemies, and the Death Knight uses magic to turn flesh and blood of the death into health while skeletonizing corpses, plus with them is an assassin and a vampire whose more human than human)
So you write the fantasy stuff? While I'm not inept in writing something like that, it is fun for sure to talk about! lol. I'm more for the science fiction stuff. I take a lot of influence from Michael Crichton, Joe Haldeman, and Tom Clancy. I like things grounded in reality but enough fantasy to sound believable.
__________________
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Rogues Gambit (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #11
Rogues Gambit
Member
 
Rogues Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Drives: '19 Ram Rebel, planning on a BRZ
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Posts: 59
Thanks: 56
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
So you write the fantasy stuff? While I'm not inept in writing something like that, it is fun for sure to talk about! lol. I'm more for the science fiction stuff. I take a lot of influence from Michael Crichton, Joe Haldeman, and Tom Clancy. I like things grounded in reality but enough fantasy to sound believable.
That's awesome. Like I just said to my mom when I saw her earlier, if we were all the same, be boring.

Street racing series is more down to earth, though with enough rule of cool (again, how does everyone have a built tuner or muscle with body kits and internals, plus how do you get away with racing during the dead of night)
Rogues Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.