follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2019, 12:31 AM   #15
maslin
Benz Tech
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Location: Oregon
Posts: 523
Thanks: 294
Thanked 498 Times in 273 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celigts View Post
So like ... 245 x 40 x 18?

I'm on 255 x 35 x 18
Would 245 x 40 x 18 fix my issue?


You have a 2” discrepancy front to rear, 25” to 27”. That’s a tall tall tire on the back, front is about stock.


245/35R18 front, 285/30R18 would get you back in the game, and back to stock height. If you would like to stick with a 285 out back.

Last edited by maslin; 06-02-2019 at 12:52 AM.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #16
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits
 
Sportsguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Limited BRZ
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,730
Thanks: 19,934
Thanked 8,268 Times in 4,336 Posts
Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celigts View Post
So like ... 245 x 40 x 18?



I'm on 255 x 35 x 18

Would 245 x 40 x 18 fix my issue?


Any of the ones in green.

Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Celigts (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #17
Celigts
Senior Member
 
Celigts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2014 Toyota FRS
Location: California
Posts: 154
Thanks: 53
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
You have a 2” discrepancy front to rear, 25” to 27”. That’s a tall tall tire on the back, front is about stock.


245/35R18 front, 285/30R18 would get you back in the game, and back to stock height. If you would like to stick with a 285 out back.
only issue here is that my rear tire would be shorter than my front tire ...
Would look really funky as the rear widebody is supposed to be larger looking...
Celigts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #18
Celigts
Senior Member
 
Celigts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2014 Toyota FRS
Location: California
Posts: 154
Thanks: 53
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Any of the ones in green.

I doubt i can get a 245/45/18 in there on the front. It already is paper thin close to rubbing

What if I brought the rears down to 285/35/18?
Would be a 3.6% difference from front/back.

Still I'd have Wheel speed sensor issues?
Attached Images
 
Celigts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #19
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits
 
Sportsguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Limited BRZ
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,730
Thanks: 19,934
Thanked 8,268 Times in 4,336 Posts
Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celigts View Post
I doubt i can get a 245/45/18 in there on the front. It already is paper thin close to rubbing

What if I brought the rears down to 285/35/18?
Would be a 3.6% difference from front/back.

Still I'd have Wheel speed sensor issues?
I don't know what is the threshold for WSS to be fussing..... I personally wouldn't chance it at anything over 1.5% unless you can get proof from someone else that is known to have 3.6%+ difference and have been fine. I have only run a 1.2% difference and it was fine.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Celigts (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #20
Celigts
Senior Member
 
Celigts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2014 Toyota FRS
Location: California
Posts: 154
Thanks: 53
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
I don't know what is the threshold for WSS to be fussing..... I personally wouldn't chance it at anything over 1.5% unless you can get proof from someone else that is known to have 3.6%+ difference and have been fine. I have only run a 1.2% difference and it was fine.
I'll create a new thread and ask. Hopefully can get some confirmed answers before I change my rear tires ...
Celigts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #21
maslin
Benz Tech
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Location: Oregon
Posts: 523
Thanks: 294
Thanked 498 Times in 273 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celigts View Post
only issue here is that my rear tire would be shorter than my front tire ...
Would look really funky as the rear widebody is supposed to be larger looking...
The sizes I posted would be the same height front and rear.

Aspect ratio is the sidewall height as a percentage of the width. A wider tire with a smaller aspect ratio isn't necessarily shorter.

245/35 and 285/30 are nearly identical in height. If you want the t bucket Mickey Thompson look you're going to need a car without fancy electronics.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maslin For This Useful Post:
Celigts (06-03-2019)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABS , Slip indicator , check engine lights all on ( Not flashing ) Enrique_13 Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 5 10-09-2018 12:47 PM
Help needed! Check engine light after weird traction lights. dillanp86 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 3 12-08-2016 10:17 AM
Help! From check engine light to fouled plugs back to check engine + plugs refouling larchamb Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 44 04-03-2016 09:39 AM
DTC Codes U0122 and U0131 pleong Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 1 09-03-2014 01:40 AM
Will I get a check engine light on if the engine bay has a direct injection failure? Astroboy Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 7 03-29-2014 06:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.