follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #127
s30series

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I want this bad. I've got a series blue with those little rear side things. Will this fit that? Looks like it might not unless I break out the Dremel.

I think the answer is yes, but a few pages back somewhat mentioned the Subaru rear side skirts...

Last edited by s30series; 10-09-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #128
Gunman

Drives: 2019 Mazda Miata RF
Thanked 1,317 Times in 736 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Do you have a picture of the underside? by the rear spats?
Old 10-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #129
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
so i ended up getting the Type2 w/ alternate fins. i love this thing!!! not only does it look badass, you can immediately feel the difference on the freeway when you hit around 80+ mph. My car feels a lot more stable now at higher speeds. this piece completely covers up the giant space left open when i took off my stock exhaust/muffler. i cant say this feels like theres a ton of downforce pushing the rear, BUT i can noticeably feel the lack of rear lift from before, and the car just feeling more stable - especially on fast speed sweepers.

only two "complaints" (for lack of better word)... my HKS single exit exhaust is pressing against the diffuser at two parts: one at the pipe bend, and another point at the very bottom-side edge of the muffler can. i wish the middle "opening" cut of the diffuser that's closest to the chassis, was cut symmetrically instead of just on the left side. i might just have to dremel this part out so the exhaust piping doesnt touch at this part. the muffler can part, ill probably just have to use a tiny piece of high-temp sound deadening or padding or something... theres a slight rattle now at certain RPM's.

i wish the fins were like 0.5" taller, but its cool. this thing is fucking awesome and i put it on my car in 10min. one of the best mods i've ever done!

BIG thanks to @Wonderbar for the awesome service and shipping and product!
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 AM   #130
jester04

Drives: Subaru impreza STI, subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT86 View Post
so i ended up getting the Type2 w/ alternate fins. i love this thing!!! not only does it look badass, you can immediately feel the difference on the freeway when you hit around 80+ mph. My car feels a lot more stable now at higher speeds. this piece completely covers up the giant space left open when i took off my stock exhaust/muffler. i cant say this feels like theres a ton of downforce pushing the rear, BUT i can noticeably feel the lack of rear lift from before, and the car just feeling more stable - especially on fast speed sweepers.

only two "complaints" (for lack of better word)... my HKS single exit exhaust is pressing against the diffuser at two parts: one at the pipe bend, and another point at the very bottom-side edge of the muffler can. i wish the middle "opening" cut of the diffuser that's closest to the chassis, was cut symmetrically instead of just on the left side. i might just have to dremel this part out so the exhaust piping doesnt touch at this part. the muffler can part, ill probably just have to use a tiny piece of high-temp sound deadening or padding or something... theres a slight rattle now at certain RPM's.

i wish the fins were like 0.5" taller, but its cool. this thing is fucking awesome and i put it on my car in 10min. one of the best mods i've ever done!

You make me jealous lol. I cant wait for wonderbar to come out with the one for the type 80! I already has the cash now patiently waiting
The Following User Says Thank You to jester04 For This Useful Post:
8R6 (10-17-2014)
Old 10-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #131
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester04 View Post
You make me jealous lol. I cant wait for wonderbar to come out with the one for the type 80! I already has the cash now patiently waiting
you'll love it once you put it on
Old 11-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #132
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited, 6sp, SWP
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT86 View Post

Glad you like it!

I do apologize for the fitment tweaks, but please understand how much of a challenge it is with literally hundreds of different exhausts on the market, all of them slightly different.

I've been out of town for a couple weeks, if you have any concerns or questions, please email me and I'll be able to get back to you this weekend.

Carl@drivewaylabs.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonderbar For This Useful Post:
8R6 (11-14-2014), jester04 (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #133
jester04

Wonderbar thanksgiving is up! And you are back woohooo!

post updates of the type 80 when you make headway im excited lol. money is waiting patiently to be taken lol.

I did have a question though. Are you able to make them in any width? or is that another whole project. Just curious cause i also have all the blue series lips on mine.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #134
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester04 View Post
Wonderbar thanksgiving is up! And you are back woohooo!

post updates of the type 80 when you make headway im excited lol. money is waiting patiently to be taken lol.

I did have a question though. Are you able to make them in any width? or is that another whole project. Just curious cause i also have all the blue series lips on mine.

Series blue parts don't effect fitment in any way. And the diffuser doesn't require modification of your series blue parts.

I'm working on acquiring a T80 exhaust. I can't promise timeline though. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderbar For This Useful Post:
jester04 (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #135
Plxdjake89

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S-white out
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbar View Post
That is all. I'm not sure if I'm 100% on it yet, the outer vertical strakes are what's holding me up.

Attachment 67805
I'm not sure if it's been asked but, does the type 1/2 fit with the nameless muffled track pipe?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #136
jester04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbar View Post
Series blue parts don't effect fitment in any way. And the diffuser doesn't require modification of your series blue parts.

I'm working on acquiring a T80 exhaust. I can't promise timeline though. Sorry.
Its cool man i will be waiting, and i had that question because of the rear flaps on the side of the rear bumper. Keep up the good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to jester04 For This Useful Post:
Wonderbar (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #137
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plxdjake89 View Post
I'm not sure if it's been asked but, does the type 1/2 fit with the nameless muffled track pipe?

Thanks

Fits with all the Nameless stuff.
Plxdjake89 (12-01-2014)
Old 01-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #138
jester04

Any updates for the tomei 80 @ wonderbar?
Old 01-23-2015, 01:04 AM   #139
eSOLOR

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
@Wonderbar

Any update on type 3??
Old 01-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #140
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSOLOR View Post
@Wonderbar

Any update on type 3??

Picking up the prototype from laser cutter before the end of the month.
eSOLOR (01-23-2015)

Closed Thread