follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 12-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #155
Quan

Drives: 1997 Acura Integra Gsr
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #156
Speedjunkie
FR-S Ready

Drives: K24 RSX with Fully Built Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
I think they BOTH look pretty decent, but for lower body treatment, any one else waiting on 3rd party body kits?

I almost want something more subtle than these...chargespeed always makes some great low profile lip kits. Plus I don't want to see this end up like a TRD celica, where every car has the same bodykit, and it's not so cool anymore.

and yea speed junkie, i can't imagine the trd front fitting the brz..their lower front bumper profiles are VERY different
The only problem with 3rd Party kits is fitment and quality parts. My RSX had JDM Mugen lip Kit all around it. I Had Wide Charge Speed Fenders as well. Ill tell you right now my JDM Lip kit fit like a glove, not one mounting or fitment issue at all and was urethane just like the bumpers.

The Charge Speed Fenders were a nice addition since i had 17x9.5 +13 Volk CE28Ns All the around. But there was fitment issues(nothing major) and it was fiber glass. So on a minor front end collision crack goes your Fenders(or lip) Then you have to wait for a replacement, repaint, and re fit since u had to do it the first time.

So when it all brews down to it yea OEM lip Kit will suffice, but id rather this JDM Kit not come to the states and ill just order it and be a Unique FR-S With a JDM Factory Lip Kit.
Speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #157
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunkie View Post
but id rather this JDM Kit not come to the states and ill just order it and be a Unique FR-S With a JDM Factory Lip Kit.
So selfish.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #158
Speedjunkie
FR-S Ready

Drives: K24 RSX with Fully Built Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
So selfish.

You Right !
Speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #159
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
That 86 only needs black headlight housings to complete the look.

Yeah seriously, black out the headlights, black the spoiler and Carbon fiber or simply black roof and it'll make the rims fit.

When it comes to white cars, if you don't add enough black other places you can't run black rims.... just looks too awkward.
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #160
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
When it comes to white cars, if you don't add enough black other places you can't run black rims.... just looks too awkward.

Looks great to me. You just have different taste.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #161
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunkie View Post
The only problem with 3rd Party kits is fitment and quality parts. My RSX had JDM Mugen lip Kit all around it. I Had Wide Charge Speed Fenders as well. Ill tell you right now my JDM Lip kit fit like a glove, not one mounting or fitment issue at all and was urethane just like the bumpers.

The Charge Speed Fenders were a nice addition since i had 17x9.5 +13 Volk CE28Ns All the around. But there was fitment issues(nothing major) and it was fiber glass. So on a minor front end collision crack goes your Fenders(or lip) Then you have to wait for a replacement, repaint, and re fit since u had to do it the first time.

So when it all brews down to it yea OEM lip Kit will suffice, but id rather this JDM Kit not come to the states and ill just order it and be a Unique FR-S With a JDM Factory Lip Kit.
Yea, i totally get where you're coming from. TRD/OEM fitment is pretty Kosher when you've dealt with some 3rd party parts that "need work". I'm NEVER had 100% trouble free experiences fitting fiberglass parts of ANYTHING on any of my cars, Some urethane parts are damn good. Carbon fiber is hit and miss for me.

It's a chance you take to have a bodykit that most don't have i suppose. A chance i'll likely take

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #162
Xiao

Drives: 2005 Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
You do know Toyota is SCION right...
Yeah i know that Scion is Toyota..but i was wondering if their white is like the same..
honda had the championship white on their civic in Japan..but the us civic got Tafaetta white...
kind of the same idea.

just curious.
Xiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #163
3scapist
Argues nekkid

Drives: 08 E92 M3
Gaah idk if I want this or the factory aero kit.

Also the spoiler on the TRD kit would look a lot better if it was molded to the trunk like that one trunk upgrade for BMW's and the like.
14 Subaru BRZ STI- Future track slut
3scapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #164
WhiteKnight

Drives: 2006 NB tC
I've heard that the fitment of the kits from FiveAxis were pretty spot on for the tCs so hopefully they do the same for the FR-S
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #165
Steve

Drives: 6MT
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Just noticed the pictures of the modellista and N0 seem to both have the Scion FR-S spec headlights.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #166
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
^good eyes
Old 12-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #167
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Just noticed the pictures of the modellista and N0 seem to both have the Scion FR-S spec headlights.
I'm guessing what you are seeing are the "low Spec" Toyota 86 headlights, which likely are the same lights that end up on the North American scion (minus optical differences)

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #168
Crashoverride
here, there, any where

Drives: FR-S SOON!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post

Now I want it in blue please can someone photoshop this in blue for me?
Crashoverride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
86 modellista, 86 trd, fr-s modellista, fr-s trd, frs modellista, frs trd, gt 86 modellista, gt 86 trd, gt86 modellista, gt86 trd, modellista 86, modellista fr-s, modellista frs, modellista gt 86, modellista gt86, modellista scion fr-s, modellista scion frs, modellista toyota 86, modellista toyota gt 86, modellista toyota gt86, scion fr-s modellista, scion fr-s trd, scion frs modellista, scion frs trd, trd 86, trd fr-s, trd frs, trd gt 86, trd gt86, trd scion fr-s, trd scion frs, trd toyota 86, trd toyota gt 86, trd toyota gt86