follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Preference
Glock 19 17 70.83%
Sig p320 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #57
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token11b View Post
I went and checked out an HK USP 9mm the other day. I almost bought it. I had some reservations so the guy at the counter told me they had one I could rent and shoot at their range. He waived the range fee and rental price and all I had to do was pay for ammo and target.

The gun felt great in my hand, fired extremely accurate up to 25yds and all in all was a solid piece. My major gripes with it was 1) Recoil on her was a little too much for my tastes though I was able to pull off double taps easily. 2) Trigger pull was more than I liked. Im used to the light pull of the glock so with the sig I had to press harder than I was used to.

Couple days later I purchased another Blue Label Gen4 G19. $460 after taxes.. Thanks for this discounts glocks
The thing about HK USP is there are so many varients... specifically I like the ones with the match trigger (better than a 1911 trigger to me) - I have a USP Expert in .40S&W and it's my favorite handgun. I had a Glock 20C that I liked, but it was not easy to control for me with the huge grip, even with a KKM barrel/compensator, and it just doesn't shoot near as well for me as the USP Expert... well nothing shoots as well as the USP Expert for me. Eventually just had to let the 20C go even though having 20 rounds of full power 10mm auto is a lot of firepower and fun to shoot. The SF frame 20's keep tempting me...the smaller grip really makes a big difference compared to the regular large frame grip versions. If I was wanting to get another 10mm pistol it would be a SF frame Glock.

Blue label guns are great deals, my brother picked up his Sig 226 in .40S&W for a song way back when...
Old 05-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #58
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ Spec S
Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,196 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token11b View Post
I went and checked out an HK USP 9mm the other day. I almost bought it. I had some reservations so the guy at the counter told me they had one I could rent and shoot at their range. He waived the range fee and rental price and all I had to do was pay for ammo and target.

The gun felt great in my hand, fired extremely accurate up to 25yds and all in all was a solid piece. My major gripes with it was 1) Recoil on her was a little too much for my tastes though I was able to pull off double taps easily. 2) Trigger pull was more than I liked. Im used to the light pull of the glock so with the sig I had to press harder than I was used to.

Couple days later I purchased another Blue Label Gen4 G19. $460 after taxes.. Thanks for this discounts glocks

I had the same feeling with the HK. I think the barrels are a bit higher on the HKs and it translates into more muzzle flip. I was shooting the .40 version too so image how much that cranks it up over the 9. It was like holding onto an angry cat. HK also puts a higher premium on their products than I do, friggin expensive! That being said, if I was still buying guns, the Mark 23 would still be on my wish list. Desert Eagle, Pfft!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2aoLkFfkes"]HK Mark 23 Review - YouTube[/ame]
The #1 most beneficial $$ you can spend on this car to go faster is seat time.
Quit trying to out think the engineers and just drive the car.
themadscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #59
Talus1

Drives: '06 Cayman, ‘23 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
This is a very American thread...
MrFisty (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #60
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
I had the same feeling with the HK. I think the barrels are a bit higher on the HKs and it translates into more muzzle flip. I was shooting the .40 version too so image how much that cranks it up over the 9. It was like holding onto an angry cat. HK also puts a higher premium on their products than I do, friggin expensive! That being said, if I was still buying guns, the Mark 23 would still be on my wish list. Desert Eagle, Pfft!

My HK45 has less felt recoil than any other .45 I've ever shot. This includes the Mk23.
jawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:54 PM   #61
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ Spec S
Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,196 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
That's a .45, though. My Kimber ultra kicks less than my Glock 23. 45 pushes more than it kicks. I would like to shoot an HK 45. I bet it feels more controllable than my P30.
The #1 most beneficial $$ you can spend on this car to go faster is seat time.
Quit trying to out think the engineers and just drive the car.
themadscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #62
Token11b

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
The thing about HK USP is there are so many varients... specifically I like the ones with the match trigger (better than a 1911 trigger to me) - I have a USP Expert in .40S&W and it's my favorite handgun. I had a Glock 20C that I liked, but it was not easy to control for me with the huge grip, even with a KKM barrel/compensator, and it just doesn't shoot near as well for me as the USP Expert... well nothing shoots as well as the USP Expert for me. Eventually just had to let the 20C go even though having 20 rounds of full power 10mm auto is a lot of firepower and fun to shoot. The SF frame 20's keep tempting me...the smaller grip really makes a big difference compared to the regular large frame grip versions. If I was wanting to get another 10mm pistol it would be a SF frame Glock.

Blue label guns are great deals, my brother picked up his Sig 226 in .40S&W for a song way back when...

Blue label guns are a huge perk being in law enforcement. Not only that but anything related to firearms can be used as a tax write off. Buying ammo, purchasing range time, purchasing firearms etc can be used as a tax write off for job related purchases. Tomorrow I'm gonna pop the cherry on my g19. Maybe rent an ar15 for shits and giggles.
Token11b is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Token11b For This Useful Post:
jawn (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 10:43 PM   #63
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
That's a .45, though. My Kimber ultra kicks less than my Glock 23. 45 pushes more than it kicks. I would like to shoot an HK 45. I bet it feels more controllable than my P30.
Well, yes, but I'm saying #notallHKs. Comparing .45 to .45, MK23s shoot differently from HK45s, and USPs are their own animal. My HK45 is smoother than my 1911, and smoother than the Glock 21s that I've shot. It's witchcraft. Ostensibly the USP, HK45, and MK23 *should* behave similarly, but it's actually kind of a noticeable difference.

@Token11b, was the USP that you shot a well-worn rental gun? I don't recall the USP9 being that significantly different from shooting 19s/17s, so I have a sneaking suspicion that the range may not be replacing their recoil springs at normal intervals. The stock USP triggers do leave something to be desired, but it can be rectified by going light LEM or match (if you want to throw more money at it).

That said, for most people, getting a Glock over a USP makes way more sense. They're both well made guns, and unless if you're married to DA/SA or planning on running it exclusively suppressed, there's not really a compelling reason to spend 50-75% more for the USP. Now, the P2000 and P30... hooray ergonomics!

Speaking of ergonomics:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLVNClEeuU"]RICK TAYLOR'S M&P17 WARRIOR HANDGUN - YouTube[/ame]
jawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #64
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
Yeah, I love it and everyone that has shot it enjoys it as well and seems to shoot better with it. Not that it's more accurate than their guns, it's just confidence inspiring allowing the shooter to have better accuracy. It's so smooth and the SRT trigger I have on there is night and day difference. Check it out if you don't have it already.
Ugh, that's all I hear. I really need to pull the trigger on getting that SRT. (Pun intended)
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
rookie (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #65
Muaddib
Mentat

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS 6MT
Glock is like the AK of handguns. I have never ever had any malfunction with any glock.
Muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #66
rookie

Drives: 1991 Formula Red NSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Ugh, that's all I hear. I really need to pull the trigger on getting that SRT. (Pun intended)
Do it!
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote