follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #253
projectXTR

Drives: Sterling Silver BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remme View Post
Hello ProjectXTR.

You're very limited in what you can do over here, definitely compared with other countries. But ... that doesn't mean you can't (legally :-) ) do anything.
Depends how much you want it, and how much effort and administrative burden you're willing to handle.

Case you'd be dutch speaking, have a look at this 'ministeriele omzendbrief', or look for the same code in the french section,
http://www.wegcode.be/wetteksten/sec...1144-mo-120310

This is the 'long one' which isn't shown on the GOCA inspection website. They publish only the 'forbidden' part. But you can get CE exhausts validated (costs you an inspection of course) if it meets the legal requirements (like noise, sticking-out distances etc).

So ... good luck ?

"46) vervangen van uitlaat door niet originele uitlaat - voorwaarden:

maximaal zelfde aantal decibels als originele uitlaat
normale emissietest mogelijk
validatieprocedure"

Well fuck ! xD
projectXTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #254
remme

Drives: GT86 & Celica T180
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hello ProhectXTR
As I mentioned, depends how much you want it !
At GOCA not every station can valitate anything. Only a limited number of stations can do for example lowered geometry vehicles. If you want to push it through, check your station's capabilities. Actually, the entire thing is more administrative, cause a check per point is only some 6-10€ (1 time to be paid, but they will inspect it every year later on when you go for annual inspection -free of charge- as the modification is mentioned on your 'keuringsattest'. Non-CE exhaust are more difficult, as you need a registered 'lab' to certify them. Oviously, if it's a non CE exhaust it's pretty unlikely they will be compliant (otherwise the manufacturer would have it certified, and then sell if for a higher price :-) .

http://www.avb-sports.be/wetgeving/omzendbrief2.pdf

Long live big brother !

But I'm surely interested your next steps. BTW, there is an easy, but expensive, solution if you're looking for big pipes with some more noise. The TRD exhausts at the Toyota dealer are homologated in Belgium. But that's an end-damper, resonated, "4 pipe thing" which costs I think 2.2k€ ex VAT ... and you have to change the rear skirt to host the 4 pipe system.
http://nl.toyota.be/Images/GT86Acces...96-1213153.pdf

Avoiding any misunderstanding : just to make things very clear, I'm writing this in my own name as I happen to work at Toyota. I'm just a simple 86 owner who loves his car.
remme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #255
projectXTR

Hi Remme,

I know, but I'm getting sick and tired of this bureacracy...

It's not like I'm going to tune my care entirely, just a couple of custom tweaks.
I'm thinking of springs, wheels,an exhaust and the DF Aero spoiler and that's it. (apart from a decent stereo instead of the cheap subaru radio )

How I'm looking at things now, only the exhaust and spoiler will be a hazzle.
Springs : I'm looking at Eibach pro kit springs, only lowers the car about 20-25mm and quite frankly you would have to know our cars very well to notice it since the toyobarus already have the sports car look. Plus they look very OEM-ish.
Wheels: I will keep my stock rims and put winter tires on them, so these can be changed easily before inspection (due in October)

Spoiler: obviously this won't look very OEM even though it has less sharp edges than the standard spoiler, but that's the least of my worries.

Exhaust: it's not that I want a ridiculously loud exhaust, just a deeper tone and soft rumble so that it gives the impression that it is still a bit "alive" in the lower rpms...if that makes any sense to you.
The best sounding exhausts lead me to non-resonated versions time and time again.
The resonated ones always give me some sort of mehh feeling.

Then again I haven't really heard the TRD or STi mufflers in person.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #256
projectXTR

On a side note :

Would a customer that decides to put on the TRD kit later on be confronted with all this administration aswell? Even if it comes straight from Toyota?
Old 06-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #257
remme

Drives: GT86 & Celica T180
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
All the stuff in the accessories catalog is homologated, so just gets a registration at GOCA without scrutinizing. That's why some things are 'not available in Belgium and Luxemburg'. For example the big brake kit (but it's over my budget anyway ... 10k€).
TRD exhaust is as loud as 'homologateable' (the Japan specs initially weren't ! Got made more silent). Several you-tubes with the sound the thing makes. Can't argue about tastes and colours.

Lowering springs at the dealer, cost 199€ if my memory is correct, homologated.
He should be able to inform you if he can get that additional feature on you vehicle's CoC, which it would if you had ordered it when buying the car. I don't know that.

The 86 is homologated for 8x18 inch wheels anyway. Just make sure tyre is within tolerance [-2% +1.5%] for GOCA (225/35/18 is for example), but careful for the ET. Standard is a 49, so don't put a 38 cause it puts the car out of 'spoorbreedte tolerantie' which is [+2%] of standard. An ET45 for example is OK.

Spoiler depends on how extreme you go I guess. I got the "insane supra-like one" as I have the factory aero version. That kit is on my car's invoice, and it's mentioned on my CoC (certified by GOCA staion Vilvoorde if I'm not mistaking). Spoiler is really big, and the side skirts are really very low (11cm from ground).

Normally anything from the Toy is compatible with the Subi (but careful cause front bumper is different, as are the shock settings! Remember those lowering springs! The Subi has stiffer ones)
remme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #258
projectXTR

Thanks for your detailed answer man!

I should ask my dealer for some more info on the STI parts then. I like the front lip and side skirts a lot !

I know the STI springs only lower the car by 15mm and judging from pics from numerous angles the 25mm drop from for example the Eibach springs seems to fit the car perfectly.

The spoiler I'm talking about is more of a duckbill so not too agressive like yours.
(But the more aggressive aero kit fits the 86 way better anyway imho)

I've driven both the 86 and the BRZ and it's only a subtle yet noticeable difference in terms of spring rates. When handling the car, taking speed bumps etc I did notice a slight difference in stiffness aswell.

Ah well, I'm gonna do a bit more research first so I know what I'm up against ! ;-)
Old 06-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #259
Guillaume

Drives: Exige S 240
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I hear we're talking about spoilers... So here is my latest mod on the car: TRD spoiler.

Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guillaume For This Useful Post:
projectXTR (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #260
projectXTR

Aww very nice addition to your car man !
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #261
Aydhayeth

Drives: Corolla, GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quick question as I am hearing different stories from different people.. I'm planning on putting on a Miltek exhaust, but am idling between resonated or non resonated. Now my question is, are they both road legal in Belgium? I know two people who have these, and one says it's not and the other says it is... This has been asked above but I have seen the TUV papers of the non resonated from my friend. So yeah..?

Last edited by Aydhayeth; 06-29-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Aydhayeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #262
_Nickson_

Drives: GT86 whiteout
There is only one ce certified milltek exhaust. This one is on the milltek site and says ce-approved. It is a new Edition of the resonated version.

I have this one installed to have the papers. And later on added the front and overpipe.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
_Nickson_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #263
projectXTR

what Nickson said. Do you have a sound clip of the resonated version?
Old 07-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #264
ob1kxb

Drives: orange GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydhayeth View Post
Quick question as I am hearing different stories from different people.. I'm planning on putting on a Miltek exhaust, but am idling between resonated or non resonated. Now my question is, are they both road legal in Belgium? I know two people who have these, and one says it's not and the other says it is... This has been asked above but I have seen the TUV papers of the non resonated from my friend. So yeah..?
long time since i've been on here. the clip you added of the unresonated exhaust is mine. it's not road legal, it's not TUV approved and it won't pass tech inspection. when that time comes in about 3,5 years, i'll put the original on again.
ob1kxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #265
projectXTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1kxb View Post
long time since i've been on here. the clip you added of the unresonated exhaust is mine. it's not road legal, it's not TUV approved and it won't pass tech inspection. when that time comes in about 3,5 years, i'll put the original on again.
Didn't that rule change into 2 years instead of 4 ? Or have I been misinformed once again ?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #266
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectXTR View Post
Didn't that rule change into 2 years instead of 4 ? Or have I been misinformed once again ?
Should be still 4 years