follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #1
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightweight Reclining Seat suggestion

I am thinking about getting some light weight seats.
I want something that is still able to recline, and i will most likely get the buddy club adjustable seat rails.

Anyone know of? or can we compile a list of aftermarket driver / passenger seat weights for under 400$ a piece (800$ combined)?

Goal would be to ideally drop 20+ lbs from each seat+rail combo per driver / passenger side (40+ lbs total) while still having all the adjust-ability if someone else like my girl needs to drive my car for whatever reason.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
I am thinking about getting some light weight seats.
I want something that is still able to recline, and i will most likely get the buddy club adjustable seat rails.

Anyone know of? or can we compile a list of aftermarket driver / passenger seat weights for under 400$ a piece (800$ combined)?

Goal would be to ideally drop 20+ lbs from each seat+rail combo per driver / passenger side (40+ lbs total) while still having all the adjust-ability if someone else like my girl needs to drive my car for whatever reason.

Don't know if you read my thread but those are going to be unrealistic goals to match with reclining seats. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129664
I was only able to get 36.5 lbs with 13lb CF bucket seats and 8lb buddy club rails. Reclining seats are going to be much heavier, those are some of the lightest buckets I could find for a reasonable price.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
Don't know if you read my thread but those are going to be unrealistic goals to match with reclining seats. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129664
I was only able to get 36.5 lbs with 13lb CF bucket seats and 8lb buddy club rails. Reclining seats are going to be much heavier, those are some of the lightest buckets I could find for a reasonable price.
Hmm that sucks, good to know.
I see the driver / passenger seat weights listed. Is that including the rails/mounts?

I know braum has a few different seats under 700$ for the pair that are listed at 23lbs a a seat. http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/brau...l#.W7zxpqRlCEc

I may go that route. But if it’s 650$ plus 320$ for buddy clubs. 980$ for 19lbs not really worth it. I can mentally justify 10lbs for 200$ ratio. But beyond that idk. That’s why I made this thread to see if I can get adjustable recliners for under a rack total with a 10-200 ratio.

Very tedious trying to find every aftermarket seat weights as most aren’t listed on the website and you got to do some searching.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #4
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
86TOYO2k17: another option to keep stock adjustability but loose weight - rear seats deletion.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
86TOYO2k17: another option to keep stock adjustability but loose weight - rear seats deletion.
Thanks, but already done.

For weight reduction I already did, Trunk junk, full header back, shorai battery, cf driveshaft, and rear seat delete.

Next on the list is lightweight BBK and lightweight seats.

Also Incase you mention. I already did fluidampr pulley, and fensport Underdrive pulleys.
And light weight 17x8 rims, but the tires ended up almost weighing the difference. So I don’t really count either of those.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Just buy a fixed.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
SuperTom

Quote:
Hmm that sucks, good to know.
I see the driver / passenger seat weights listed. Is that including the rails/mounts?

I know braum has a few different seats under 700$ for the pair that are listed at 23lbs a a seat. http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/brau...l#.W7zxpqRlCEc

I may go that route. But if it’s 650$ plus 320$ for buddy clubs. 980$ for 19lbs not really worth it. I can mentally justify 10lbs for 200$ ratio. But beyond that idk. That’s why I made this thread to see if I can get adjustable recliners for under a rack total with a 10-200 ratio.

Very tedious trying to find every aftermarket seat weights as most aren’t listed on the website and you got to do some searching.
Yeah I have a pair of reclining braums in my C5 they are not bad. I was scared with a fixed back that there wouldn't be enough adjustablilty. Weight reduction wasn't my main goal with the C5, Support was.

However I wish I did go with a fixed back im loving my NRG seats in the 86. Once you get your seat position right its always perfect. I did buddy club rails on the passenger side for taller passengers to have adjustment. Fixed mount on drivers side gives me a good excuse to not let my friends drive

For you Braum seats plust buddy club sliders are only going to save 7-10lbs per seat. You have to ask yourself if $1000 is worth 17lbs. I think it is considering you cant save that much with a $1000+ hood or trunk.
SuperTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #8
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Yeah I have a pair of reclining braums in my C5 they are not bad. I was scared with a fixed back that there wouldn't be enough adjustablilty. Weight reduction wasn't my main goal with the C5, Support was.

However I wish I did go with a fixed back im loving my NRG seats in the 86. Once you get your seat position right its always perfect. I did buddy club rails on the passenger side for taller passengers to have adjustment. Fixed mount on drivers side gives me a good excuse to not let my friends drive

For you Braum seats plust buddy club sliders are only going to save 7-10lbs per seat. You have to ask yourself if $1000 is worth 17lbs. I think it is considering you cant save that much with a $1000+ hood or trunk.

Need to think about it. I made a rear seat delete this past weekend, (semi copied yours but put my own spin on it. Ending up putting 8lbs back in plus half pound in each wheel well when my panels where off so 9lbs total, but it’s even quieter now then when stock rear seats where in and still about 25lbs lighter) so finally broke 100lbs weight loss even with some of the added weight I tossed in like underpanels, rear diffuser, etc.

Goal is to not effect DD comforts and try to hit at least -150lbs. Seats + BBK could get me there depending on what ones i got. Not trying to break the bank on these though.

I could possibly get a bucket for passenger and a fixed mount positioned all the way back for maximum room.

Just might look kind of dumb with miss matched seats. If driver side is stock.

My girl who is 5’0” needs to drive my car on occasion so need to be adjustable for both of us I’m 5’9” , maybe a bucket but with a semi taller adjustable mount could work? Or do they have mounts with vertical adjustment?
Old 10-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
SuperTom

Quote:
Need to think about it. I made a rear seat delete this past weekend, (semi copied yours but put my own spin on it. Ending up putting 8lbs back in plus half pound in each wheel well when my panels where off so 9lbs total, but it’s even quieter now then when stock rear seats where in and still about 25lbs lighter) so finally broke 100lbs weight loss even with some of the added weight I tossed in like underpanels, rear diffuser, etc.

Goal is to not effect DD comforts and try to hit at least -150lbs. Seats + BBK could get me there depending on what ones i got. Not trying to break the bank on these though.

I could possibly get a bucket for passenger and a fixed mount positioned all the way back for maximum room.

Just might look kind of dumb with miss matched seats. If driver side is stock.

My girl who is 5’0” needs to drive my car on occasion so need to be adjustable for both of us I’m 5’9” , maybe a bucket but with a semi taller adjustable mount could work? Or do they have mounts with vertical adjustment?
wouldn't see the point of just a passenger bucket.

the only thing I could think of would be to buy an extra set of bottom cushions to throw on top when she needs to drive.

Basically switch what I did

Driver side:
Bucket seats, Buddy Club Sliders, Extra bottom cushions to prop up girlfriend

Passenger side
Bucket seats, Fixed mount or buddy club sliders (They were about the same weight ~8lbs)
Old 10-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #10
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
wouldn't see the point of just a passenger bucket.

the only thing I could think of would be to buy an extra set of bottom cushions to throw on top when she needs to drive.

Basically switch what I did

Driver side:
Bucket seats, Buddy Club Sliders, Extra bottom cushions to prop up girlfriend

Passenger side
Bucket seats, Fixed mount or buddy club sliders (They were about the same weight ~8lbs)
Good idea! Didn’t think about the seat cushions. A bottom cushion to prop her up, and maybe a back cushion to prop her forward.

I’ll look into it thanks.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #11
SuperTom

Quote:
Good idea! Didn’t think about the seat cushions. A bottom cushion to prop her up, and maybe a back cushion to prop her forward.

I’ll look into it thanks.
Yeah I was using the passenger cushion on my side when no one was in the car. I eventually bought some mattress mem foam and cut a square to put under my side

Tags
lightweight, lightweight mod, lightweight seat, reclining seat, seat