follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 11-02-2019, 01:31 AM   #5181
Xinnie

Drives: 2015 FR-S, 1997 328iS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I've never driven a "fast" car before, and third gear WOT to redline is sketchy and scary. Makes me embarrassed to say that haha.
Xinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:32 AM   #5182
WC-BRZ

Drives: Black BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinnie View Post
I've never driven a "fast" car before, and third gear WOT to redline is sketchy and scary. Makes me embarrassed to say that haha.
Care to share your overall setup including whp?
WC-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #5183
milanojess

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
diverting to a different subject but re Rotrex...

Do I recycle the traction oil the same way as with engine oils?

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2019, 12:35 PM   #5184
vfrqqq
Ultra Senior Member

Drives: 2014 BRZ Premium, WRB
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Haven't had much success finding info on this, but is there such a thing as a CARB tune for the high boost pulley setup, even if it is a bespoke tune? I currently have a stock C30 setup with the CARB tune since I have to comply with emissions requirements. As you might guess, I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to get more power, whilst still being relatively "safe" for the engine and that wouldn't require me to swap out a bunch of parts come time for my emissions check. I would generally expect that such a thing would require making changes to the exhaust (e.g., high-flow cat, headers, overpipe, etc.). I also get that it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do this in the first place since I expect one wouldn't be making full use of the upgrade given the money spent on implementing, but I first wanted to know if its feasible before I decide whether its reasonable.

With all that said, if I were otherwise to keep everything stock, is it perhaps easier to just get a flex fuel kit with my C30 and a tune to get few extra tens of HP, which would allow for swapping between that tune and CARB tune as needed?
vfrqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #5185
mrg666
pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrqqq View Post
Haven't had much success finding info on this, but is there such a thing as a CARB tune for the high boost pulley setup, even if it is a bespoke tune? I currently have a stock C30 setup with the CARB tune since I have to comply with emissions requirements. As you might guess, I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to get more power, whilst still being relatively "safe" for the engine and that wouldn't require me to swap out a bunch of parts come time for my emissions check. I would generally expect that such a thing would require making changes to the exhaust (e.g., high-flow cat, headers, overpipe, etc.). I also get that it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do this in the first place since I expect one wouldn't be making full use of the upgrade given the money spent on implementing, but I first wanted to know if its feasible before I decide whether its reasonable.

With all that said, if I were otherwise to keep everything stock, is it perhaps easier to just get a flex fuel kit with my C30 and a tune to get few extra tens of HP, which would allow for swapping between that tune and CARB tune as needed?
There is no CARB tune for HBP because HBP needs more than just the pulley itself. For it to function, injectors and fuel pump need to be replaced at minimum. For the CARB tune, probably cooling upgrade, header, and more upgrades will also be necessary and ... engine rebuild. You are the boss with HBP.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post:
vfrqqq (11-09-2019)
Old 11-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #5186
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
X-posting my dyno results here. Blue is the Delicious' FNG tune, Red is Drift Office's tune.

2017 BRZ. PNW 92 pump, Ace A350, stock FP, Perrin 2.5" catback.

mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
mrg666 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 09:29 PM   #5187
peaches

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
So... Sebring. The alarm on the oil temp gauge kept going off in the first session, had to turn the heater on. Logged data from the ECU on the second session and saw a max of 246 with the heater on. Left the heater on the rest of the day and didn't have an issue (the ECU didn't reduce power due to high oil temps).

Going to Road Atlanta in a couple of weeks, will do some logging there as well.
peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #5188
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
[QUOTE=mistople;3274319]X-posting my dyno results here. Blue is the Delicious' FNG tune, Red is Drift Office's tune.

2017 BRZ. PNW 92 pump, Ace A350, stock FP, Perrin 2.5" catback.

haha, your delicious numbers were almost identical to my dyno tune numbers from EFI in connecticut, 262/196. im on c30 and catback, i believe on 93octane?

the c30 is very reliable to make mid 260's/mid190's
HaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HaXx For This Useful Post:
mistople (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #5189
peaches

Anybody here has had the car reach or go past 130MPH? I want to know if you experience vibration or shake. When my car reaches 130 at the track I feel a vibration in the seat (not the steering wheel). I have changed the wheels and tires as it's what everybody said was the problem and there was no change. I have upgraded motor mounts, tranny mount, cf drive shaft, diff brace, clutch, and flywheel.

Any ideas?
Old 11-18-2019, 04:13 PM   #5190
Xinnie

Drives: 2015 FR-S, 1997 328iS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post
Anybody here has had the car reach or go past 130MPH? I want to know if you experience vibration or shake. When my car reaches 130 at the track I feel a vibration in the seat (not the steering wheel). I have changed the wheels and tires as it's what everybody said was the problem and there was no change. I have upgraded motor mounts, tranny mount, cf drive shaft, diff brace, clutch, and flywheel.

Any ideas?
I've reached 130mph and maintained it for a couple of seconds. No vibrations or shake were experienced.
Xinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #5191
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:

Any ideas?
No issue.
I have engine mount, trans collar insert, diff outrigger inserts, CF driveshaft with no issues, when I installed rear subframe bushings at 70mph it felt like a washing machine, removed rear subframe bushings and back to zero issues.
Have an auto so cant comment on clutch/flywheel. But could be the total accumulation of everything. I know plenty of people have no issues with the subframe inserts but most don’t have the other drivetrain mods i have. So i figure it was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

Do you have LW crank pulley by any chance? Ive heard people having issues with having both LW crank pulley with LW flywheel.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #5192
peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
No issue.
I have engine mount, trans collar insert, diff outrigger inserts, CF driveshaft with no issues, when I installed rear subframe bushings at 70mph it felt like a washing machine, removed rear subframe bushings and back to zero issues.
Have an auto so cant comment on clutch/flywheel. But could be the total accumulation of everything. I know plenty of people have no issues with the subframe inserts but most don’t have the other drivetrain mods i have. So i figure it was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

Do you have LW crank pulley by any chance? Ive heard people having issues with having both LW crank pulley with LW flywheel.
I have a fluid dampr now, but the first time I experienced it at Daytona was before that was installed.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #5193
kowalski

Drives: 2016 brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Any ideas?
On a straigt line with some slight long curves I've held 130+ mph multiple times. No issues at all except wind and tire noise. Indeed I would say it is an extremly stable car at these speeds. I have whiteline rear bushings, 225/45 tires on 17×8 wheels.

What I have noticed, though, is that when accelerating in a certain angle (mostly uphill) sometimes there is a weird vibration / noise from the bottom shield / skid. It goes away if you keep accelerating or decelerating. I think it has to do with the wind resonating with some parts. It is really weird.

Enviado desde mi SM-A730F mediante Tapatalk
kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:34 PM   #5194
peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
On a straigt line with some slight long curves I've held 130+ mph multiple times. No issues at all except wind and tire noise. Indeed I would say it is an extremly stable car at these speeds. I have whiteline rear bushings, 225/45 tires on 17×8 wheels.

What I have noticed, though, is that when accelerating in a certain angle (mostly uphill) sometimes there is a weird vibration / noise from the bottom shield / skid. It goes away if you keep accelerating or decelerating. I think it has to do with the wind resonating with some parts. It is really weird.

Enviado desde mi SM-A730F mediante Tapatalk
I'm running 245/40 on 17x9 wheels. First time was at Daytona on the banking, the second time was at PittRace on the backside (slight curve), yesterday at Sebring on the back straight. Going to Road Atlanta in a couple of weeks, will remove the dif brace and see hat happens.