follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
BradBot

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cancelled my deposit; posting in case anyone wants in on it

I had a deposit on a 2013 DGM Limited BRZ, but cancelled. I'm posting b/c I really want to help out the sales guy who I worked with at West Houston Subaru.

Johny is the Internet Sales Manager at West Houston Subaru and I have nothing but good things to say about him. From previous dealership experiences I was expecting to be hassled trying to get my refund, but he just returned it to my card no questions asked. If there's anyone out there who missed the boat for preorders this might be your lucky break.
BradBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Xlr8

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBot View Post
I had a deposit on a 2013 DGM Limited BRZ, but cancelled. I'm posting b/c I really want to help out the sales guy who I worked with at West Houston Subaru.
Man why did you go and do that?
Xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
BradBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8 View Post
Man why did you go and do that?
At the price it's going to come in at it isn't for me.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Bummer, sorry to hear, hopefully someone here can jump on that.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Xlr8

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Quote:
I hear ya. I went and kicked the BRZ can down the road too. I just went and got a new motorcycle. So probable no BRZ for me for a couple of years. Things should be settled down by then and hopefully be able to get the price closer to invoice. My new BRZ replacement has 2 less cylinders, sits in a V formation instead of a boxer and has 109 lb ft. of torque and 92 HP. Of course it weighs about 2000 lbs. less. It's a beast. I see you have a SV650, That's a fun bike.

Xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
asdn

Drives: BRZ
Can you pm me his email address or kindly inform him that you will transfer it to me. I will ask my sister to call him asap and put down the deposit as im currently out of town . BTW, what is your allocation number? Thanks
asdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
What price is that? Seems a little odd to cancel an order on a car a day or two to three days before the price is released.
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
BradBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
What price is that? Seems a little odd to cancel an order on a car a day or two to three days before the price is released.
Well knowing the FRS is coming in at $25,000 it's reasonable to assume the price of a Limited BRZ at it's cheapest is going to be $27,000 -- probably closer to $28,000. TT&L is going to be around $2,000 putting the car somewhere close to $30,0000.

For me, and the way I would use the car, I can't justify $30,000 for it. If I were to get a BRZ it might see a track once or twice while I own it, but 99% of its time is going to be spent on the road.

I started to research the Veloster, and with a turbocharged version on the horizon my interest was piqued. Here are a few of my reasons for those still interested in what I have to say:
  1. The VT is claimed to get 34 MPG on 89 octane. I won't hold my breath for that number, but I'm confident it won't have any problem obtaining the 30 MPG number that the manual BRZ achieves.
  2. The rumored starting price of the VT is $21,500, and has one $2000 option package bringing the total price of a fully loaded VT at 23,500; let's just say $24k. I can expect an OTD price of $26k which is much more manageable for me. Of course those rumored numbers could be completely wrong, or the car might be in such high demand I may not be able to get one at MSRP -- thanks to Subaru I'm prepared for these scenarios
  3. I wasn't entirely sure I wanted a car with as little interior space as the BRZ; specifically in the rear seats. The VT is much more practical in this regard.

I have no illusions about the VT's driving capabilities when compared to the BRZ, but again, I'm not looking for a track car. My biggest concern of my daily driver will be judged in its ability to accelerate at a comfortable rate when I'm entering the freeway, and I think the VT will do that just fine.

I still think the BRZ is a great car and I'm very excited to see what the STI model will bring to the table. Best of luck to those of you who get the car
Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Well knowing the FRS is coming in at $25,000 it's reasonable to assume the price of a Limited BRZ at it's cheapest is going to be $27,000 -- probably closer to $28,000. TT&L is going to be around $2,000 putting the car somewhere close to $30,0000.

For me, and the way I would use the car, I can't justify $30,000 for it. If I were to get a BRZ it might see a track once or twice while I own it, but 99% of its time is going to be spent on the road.

I started to research the Veloster, and with a turbocharged version on the horizon my interest was piqued. Here are a few of my reasons for those still interested in what I have to say:
  1. The VT is claimed to get 34 MPG on 89 octane. I won't hold my breath for that number, but I'm confident it won't have any problem obtaining the 30 MPG number that the manual BRZ achieves.
  2. The rumored starting price of the VT is $21,500, and has one $2000 option package bringing the total price of a fully loaded VT at 23,500; let's just say $24k. I can expect an OTD price of $26k which is much more manageable for me. Of course those rumored numbers could be completely wrong, or the car might be in such high demand I may not be able to get one at MSRP -- thanks to Subaru I'm prepared for these scenarios
  3. I wasn't entirely sure I wanted a car with as little interior space as the BRZ; specifically in the rear seats. The VT is much more practical in this regard.

I have no illusions about the VT's driving capabilities when compared to the BRZ, but again, I'm not looking for a track car. My biggest concern of my daily driver will be judged in its ability to accelerate at a comfortable rate when I'm entering the freeway, and I think the VT will do that just fine.

I still think the BRZ is a great car and I'm very excited to see what the STI model will bring to the table. Best of luck to those of you who get the car
Why would you buy a VT when you can get a FR-S at the same price and get RWD and lighter weight? Plus the VT is ugly...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
Droopy
FWES racer, R FT drifter

Drives: BMW, Chevy, Soon to be FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Why would you buy a VT when you can get a FR-S at the same price and get RWD and lighter weight? Plus the VT is ugly...
he said it in his post, he needs the space, and lets be honest the FRS/BRZ doesnt have a lot of space, or at least not the amount he is lookin for
Droopy is offline   Reply With Quote