follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #407
Perihelion
Unemployed DIY Ninja

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ, 1983 MB SD300
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSTaR View Post

Your dog looks like a mad scientist, he seems to be scheming something
Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #408
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perihelion View Post
Your dog looks like a mad scientist, he seems to be scheming something
Lol I'm positive that he's always planning something. He never barks, but he has the greatest facial expressions
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #409
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Lol I'm positive that he's always planning something. He never barks, but he has the greatest facial expressions
How's the temperament? And what breed is he? We are still a ways off from needing another dog. We LOVE the look of our husky, but want a dog the size of our puggle...this little guy looks perfect! :happy0180:
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #410
BlueSTaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
How's the temperament? And what breed is he? We are still a ways off from needing another dog. We LOVE the look of our husky, but want a dog the size of our puggle...this little guy looks perfect! :happy0180:
Rebel is a Shiba Inu, and he's absolutely amazing. Take these how you will, I've heard of some Shibas that are more high strung, think of Rebel as more of a lazy stoned child.

Pros: Super easy to live with. Quiet (literally never barks), Clean (Tiptoes around puddles), Never smells, and he never messes with anything. I can leave him in the car for a few hours no problem (I do this only when weather is appropriate, and never make plans to do it, I'm not a shitty owner, but sometimes you have to). Perfect with kids. Great size. Smart enough to learn whatever you want them to (Smart enough to know he doesn't have to listen). Little, but still enough to be a dog and play with/cuddle, he's about 25-30lbs. GREAT indoor dog. He literally runs home after going to the bathroom, he's more than happy to stay inside and play, and happy with a day of just going out to go to the bathroom.

The other stuff:
Now he doesn't listen very well (although I'm not the best trainer and have heard of others with much better results) so a leash is required at any time outside unless fully fenced.

Shiba Inus tend to be dog aggressive. Now, like any dog, that depends on their environment, the other dogs, and their life. Rebel, is kind of an asshole. He has NO fuse, he's not aggressive or dominant, but he's absolutely NOT submissive and will go from chill to FUCK YOU in 2 seconds at the dog park. In 60 or so trips he's gotten in a few scuffles (by scuffle I mean he looks like an asshole growling/barking at another dog, probably 9-10 times) but only 2 REAL fights, and those weren't him attacking but saying back off (the other dogs attacked).

Shed. Sheds like fucking crazy. All the time a lot. Expect to hit the groomer once a month if you're lazy and/or don't want dog hair in your car

He's not one to fetch, or any of that very much. He'd much rather lay on you on the couch (Pro/Con depending on your lifestyle, I'm also sure this is more nurture than nature of the breed too)

And as I type this, he's laying on my feet underneath the desk
Old 06-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #411
suaveflooder

Quote:
Rebel is a Shiba Inu, and he's absolutely amazing. Take these how you will, I've heard of some Shibas that are more high strung, think of Rebel as more of a lazy stoned child.

Pros: Super easy to live with. Quiet (literally never barks), Clean (Tiptoes around puddles), Never smells, and he never messes with anything. I can leave him in the car for a few hours no problem (I do this only when weather is appropriate, and never make plans to do it, I'm not a shitty owner, but sometimes you have to). Perfect with kids. Great size. Smart enough to learn whatever you want them to (Smart enough to know he doesn't have to listen). Little, but still enough to be a dog and play with/cuddle, he's about 25-30lbs. GREAT indoor dog. He literally runs home after going to the bathroom, he's more than happy to stay inside and play, and happy with a day of just going out to go to the bathroom.

The other stuff:
Now he doesn't listen very well (although I'm not the best trainer and have heard of others with much better results) so a leash is required at any time outside unless fully fenced.

Shiba Inus tend to be dog aggressive. Now, like any dog, that depends on their environment, the other dogs, and their life. Rebel, is kind of an asshole. He has NO fuse, he's not aggressive or dominant, but he's absolutely NOT submissive and will go from chill to FUCK YOU in 2 seconds at the dog park. In 60 or so trips he's gotten in a few scuffles (by scuffle I mean he looks like an asshole growling/barking at another dog, probably 9-10 times) but only 2 REAL fights, and those weren't him attacking but saying back off (the other dogs attacked).

Shed. Sheds like fucking crazy. All the time a lot. Expect to hit the groomer once a month if you're lazy and/or don't want dog hair in your car

He's not one to fetch, or any of that very much. He'd much rather lay on you on the couch (Pro/Con depending on your lifestyle, I'm also sure this is more nurture than nature of the breed too)

And as I type this, he's laying on my feet underneath the desk
LOL! He literally sounds like a cross breed of my puggle and my husky!

Puggle - Cute and a cuddle bug. She LOVES sleeping with you on the couch, or being in your lap and will stay perfectly still. Smart. She listens very well, but is also high strung. The beagle side of her gets annoying when she finds her "prize" and starts barking to let you know where it is. Very little shedding and she is 26 lbs. She is a bad ass and is the only one of our dogs that growls and gets into little spats. GREAT guard dog as she will bark at anything unusual (or ball sitting next to something she doesn't know)

Husky - STUPID smart and needs constant entertainment. He will do something, HEAR you tell him no (you can tell because his ears will follow your voice) and do it anyway. ZERO aggression and he very rarely barks. We've trained him that way. I can take his food in the middle of him eating and he will sit and wait for me to put it back down. HORRIBLE guard dog. More fucking hair than I have EVER seen shed from a dog!!! Especially the two times a year he throws his coat. We can't brush him enough. High maintenance. Needs to be walked more than one time a day. Horrible cuddler....all he wants to do is play. There are those rare occasions where he has had a ton of exercise and he just wants to be held....lol. Basically, he's like a 6 year old child.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #412
BlueSTaR

Quote:
LOL! He literally sounds like a cross breed of my puggle and my husky!

Puggle - Cute and a cuddle bug. She LOVES sleeping with you on the couch, or being in your lap and will stay perfectly still. Smart. She listens very well, but is also high strung. The beagle side of her gets annoying when she finds her "prize" and starts barking to let you know where it is. Very little shedding and she is 26 lbs. She is a bad ass and is the only one of our dogs that growls and gets into little spats. GREAT guard dog as she will bark at anything unusual (or ball sitting next to something she doesn't know)

Husky - STUPID smart and needs constant entertainment. He will do something, HEAR you tell him no (you can tell because his ears will follow your voice) and do it anyway. ZERO aggression and he very rarely barks. We've trained him that way. I can take his food in the middle of him eating and he will sit and wait for me to put it back down. HORRIBLE guard dog. More fucking hair than I have EVER seen shed from a dog!!! Especially the two times a year he throws his coat. We can't brush him enough. High maintenance. Needs to be walked more than one time a day. Horrible cuddler....all he wants to do is play. There are those rare occasions where he has had a ton of exercise and he just wants to be held....lol. Basically, he's like a 6 year old child.
One of the other great things about Shibas, SHORT lineage. Which means fewer health issues from interbreeding. The breed today is much different than before WW2.

Noticed you said "we" so the attention he garners from the ladies probably isn't as important... But it's nice too. On that note, when I make it to the FT86club meets here, he usually get's some of the time (Take that superchargers and turbos! lol)

Oh, another Pro I should list:

JDM (like my head unit display says)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSTaR For This Useful Post:
Perihelion (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 AM   #413
suaveflooder

Quote:
One of the other great things about Shibas, SHORT lineage. Which means fewer health issues from interbreeding. The breed today is much different than before WW2.

Noticed you said "we" so the attention he garners from the ladies probably isn't as important... But it's nice too. On that note, when I make it to the FT86club meets here, he usually get's some of the time (Take that superchargers and turbos! lol)

Oh, another Pro I should list:

JDM (like my head unit display says)
LOL, yup, it is a "we." Going on two years of marriage. I get plenty of attention from the ladies with the husky. The wife usually just laughs at it and rolls her eyes.

Good thing to know about health issues. The puggle doesn't have many....the husky a bit more (not yet for us....knock on wood) that we have read about.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #414
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa14914 View Post
Attachment 41802 When my Rottweiler was 8 weeks old.
No mas, no mas. This makes me want to go out and just get one already.

For the meantime, I must... try.. to... look... ahh.. way...

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #415
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Could always look at the Klee Kai if you're looking for a Husky the size of a pug/puggle

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
suaveflooder (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #416
Perihelion
Unemployed DIY Ninja

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ, 1983 MB SD300
Here's one of mine when he was just a baby, Look up for more recent ones

Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #417
Lisa14914

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
No mas, no mas. This makes me want to go out and just get one already.

For the meantime, I must... try.. to... look... ahh.. way...
lol he's such a sweetie. got him from a breeder in San Antonio. I would like to breed him eventually, but idk.
Lisa14914 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa14914 For This Useful Post:
M-17 (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #418
JOSI

Drives: Daihatsu
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
She seen me messing with my camera and just had to come get her picture taken..

JOSI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JOSI For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (08-11-2013), M-17 (06-26-2013), Trashed675 (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #419
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSI View Post
She seen me messing with my camera and just had to come get her picture taken..

Was aboard crashed spacecraft in Roswell???
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White64Goat For This Useful Post:
Perihelion (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #420
OrangeJuleas

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White64Goat View Post
Was aboard crashed spacecraft in Roswell???

Sorry, it was just at the right moment at the right time.
OrangeJuleas is offline   Reply With Quote