follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #29
Nofim

Drives: Blue 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
The extra gas cost is about $20 every 1000 miles you are going from the 28 to 22 mpg. If you wait the 7K oil change interval, that is $140 extra in gas spent.
I would drain the oil and either watch them put the correct weight oil in or do it yourself.
Could it be the gas station pump is out of calibration?
Nofim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #30
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
I had my battery disconnected about a month ago. Before my averages were about 28, now it's 26.

Also winter fuel blends typically get worse mpg's compared to summer blends. They probably started phasing in the winter blends this month.
Yup, always starts to roll-out mid to late October
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #31
Bonburner
6/22/12-2/6/24

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T Argento
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
When the car was new i would avg 29 mpg after the break-in .. nowadays i'm getting 22-23 mpg.
its really sad .. i did read something about ignition coils going bad which lowered mpg and engine smoothness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Six View Post
Failing coil replaced, car runs up to redline with no issues anymore!

Wanted to share some additional perspective on this:

Cel started coming on more frequently during daily driving, 6000 rpm would activate it.

Gas mileage had dropped to below 23 mpg average

Car would hesitate and sputter (stalled once) as you pulled to a stop and seemed sluggish in general.

Strange fuel smell in the cabin especially with the fan on high. Possibly unburned fuel??

During the couple sessions that I ran with the cel there was a profound change in the traction / stability control. I had turned it off with the 5 second switch but it was really nuts whenever I had high rpm high g load corners. Motor cut and rear brakes grabbed to the extent that I nearly lost it.

With the new coil, all of these street issues are gone and it feels like I am running the E85 tune compared to how the car was running up till now. The power difference is enough to tell the difference. Even the exhaust note standing outside the car at idle sounds different.

It would appear that when a coil gets this bad, there are multiple symptoms present even if the cel is intermittent.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30879

I actually get the ignition coil CEL when im shifting at the 6-7k rpms with 3rd

ive been meaning to do it but been a bit preoccupied
Old 10-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #32
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Sh*tty Mileage Since Last Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalbiCool88 View Post
I've been losing my mpg at the exact same time I got with my girlfriend - granted I've been progressively getting fat all at the same time. Coincidence?

Don't date girl effecting vehicle dynamic! Problem solve! Or maybe you are just hammering to see her everyday... Then rest my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote