follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List
jazztennor, KAB-FRS, King Tut, raul

Old 04-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #645
MurderousPandas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzfunk View Post
Same here rn just stock on custom exhaust trying to stay NA and get as much power as i can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E85, tune, and headers did magic for me. If you need a catback or know someone who does, let me know. I have one, but it's too loud, i have a straight piped front end, so it's just waiting in my garage to find a nice cozy spot under someone's car.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
MurderousPandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #646
Jizzfunk

Drives: Silver broken FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderousPandas View Post
E85, tune, and headers did magic for me. If you need a catback or know someone who does, let me know. I have one, but it's too loud, i have a straight piped front end, so it's just waiting in my garage to find a nice cozy spot under someone's car.

What catback is it i might be interested maybe with a catted front pipe it would be quieter mine use to be straighht piped up to the axle back

Jizzfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #647
MurderousPandas

Garage
Quote:
What catback is it i might be interested maybe with a catted front pipe it would be quieter mine use to be straighht piped up to the axle back

Yeah, but i like my front end setup, so i'll look for a new catback. It's a Tsudo catback. I have it posted for 200 on craigslist.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #648
Jizzfunk

Quote:
Yeah, but i like my front end setup, so i'll look for a new catback. It's a Tsudo catback. I have it posted for 200 on craigslist.

Ahh yea i saw it on craigslist the other day il ask around see if anybody is interested

Old 04-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #649
MurderousPandas

Garage
Quote:
Ahh yea i saw it on craigslist the other day il ask around see if anybody is interested

Thanks. It's a nice catback, but with everything else done to the car, it's way too loud. I'll work with someone on the price if they really want it.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #650
Jizzfunk

Quote:
Thanks. It's a nice catback, but with everything else done to the car, it's way too loud. I'll work with someone on the price if they really want it.

Yea i have my stock front pipe but its straight as well and ive been fully straight piped before for about a day until i got this new set up

Old 04-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #651
peaches

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Lake Worth, Palm Beach County
Peaches BRZ - White (37J) - Mod list and details can be found here.
peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #652
Scion_Swine

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I'm in Homestead/Miami often, if you guys need help or need parts let me know, i modified my car a decent amount, but i still crave knowledge for our platforms.

well right now I need to change out a coil pack that keeps giving me a CEL, dont know if you can help with that? and then I'll like to do a flex fuel kit to try and run a little cooler to help with the coil packs, the added power is just a plus! and then an intake.

do you track your car? I would like to find a group to AutoX or track with or even just to drive.

Last edited by Scion_Swine; 04-12-2017 at 09:55 AM. Reason: adding more info
Scion_Swine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #653
peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion_Swine View Post
well right now I need to change out a coil pack that keeps giving me a CEL, dont know if you can help with that? and then I'll like to do a flex fuel kit to try and run a little cooler to help with the coil packs, the added power is just a plus! and then an intake.

do you track your car? I would like to find a group to AutoX or track with or even just to drive.
The only group I've seen does autox in south FL is this: http://www.erscc.com/. The autox section of SCCA is dead here, central and north FL have more options. As far as track, there are several groups down here but I've only run with NASA so far.

If you're new to track a good instructor is highly recommended, but the regional NASA program is lacking on that part (NASA Great Lakes is so much better).

You're getting the coil pack CEL by just driving on the street?
Old 04-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #654
Scion_Swine

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post
The only group I've seen does autox in south FL is this: http://www.erscc.com/. The autox section of SCCA is dead here, central and north FL have more options. As far as track, there are several groups down here but I've only run with NASA so far.

If you're new to track a good instructor is highly recommended, but the regional NASA program is lacking on that part (NASA Great Lakes is so much better).

i was thinking of getting an instructor first, or if anyone wants to volunteer that would be nice too lol

yes, on the street. but it only comes on when i go to redline changing from 2nd to 3rd. so ive been staying below 6500 RPM and so far it hasn't come back. so i need to fix that so i can track
Scion_Swine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #655
peaches

Quote:
i was thinking of getting an instructor first, or if anyone wants to volunteer that would be nice too lol

yes, on the street. but it only comes on when i go to redline changing from 2nd to 3rd. so ive been staying below 6500 RPM and so far it hasn't come back. so i need to fix that so i can track
The best thing you can do is sign up with a group that has a good instructor program. As far as I know, SCCA doesn't have one for PDX nor Track Night of America. Chin might, NASA FL might be your best option. Other than that you'll have a hard time with a volunteer since most groups don't allow new drivers to have a passenger unless you're paying a pro driver to be your instructor. In that case, they'll make an exception.

The CEL issue is very strange, I bought a spare coil pack and the ratchet that makes it easier to change and have never had to use it after 16 track days. You need to fix it before going on track, but it sounds like it's not heat related.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #656
MurderousPandas

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post

Coilpacks are tricky, but not as bad as spark plugs. I could help with that, my passenger front went bad, took like 30 minutes, most of it using the small amount of room i had to rotate the bolt. Mine went bad and stayed bad, if i cleared the code and took the car above 5k, it would come back and disable cruise control as well. And SCCA is dead down here as stated, but here in the keys we have SCCA type events where we shut shut down some less busier roads and parking lots. They're not SCCA, but they use the same rules.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #657
Jizzfunk

Quote:

Following uo the coil pack CEL i recently went to krome ave for some night cruising with friends and out of boredom we decided to race 20-xxx i usually get the same code if i take it to redline or even go flat out for too long but with the cold night and winds seems like my car was running better and i didnt get any CEL. The problem at least for me seems to be it gets hot and cant cool down. Except for that night where it has cold air going too it.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #658
MurderousPandas

Garage
Quote:
Following uo the coil pack CEL i recently went to krome ave for some night cruising with friends and out of boredom we decided to race 20-xxx i usually get the same code if i take it to redline or even go flat out for too long but with the cold night and winds seems like my car was running better and i didnt get any CEL. The problem at least for me seems to be it gets hot and cant cool down. Except for that night where it has cold air going too it.

Mine fried when i ran my car hard right after it finished it's warm up cycle. Mine never went away though, i always had to clear it, and any hard driving brought it back every time and i felt it. Yours might be seeing it's end soon. The front passnger coilpack has been known to go often because of the heat associated with the headers, it's pretty open in that part of the engine bay, so heat likes to build up there.